• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What would Jenas do?

I know Jenas was an extremely divisive player. Personally I rated him and felt (as I still do) that he was lambasted for not being good enough during a period where we had rapid growth. The most we’d grown in the last 30 years. And a level of growth that most importantly has held ever since.

On a footballing level I still think he was a good player for us and that it’s easy to forget that he was a part of our journey from mid table side to an established European side.

However, if it turns out he was predatory then I would have course completely withdraw any support towards him as a human being. Till then I’m remaining completely neutral. Not cos he’s ex spurs but cos the details are not there yet.

One must assume there’s enough credence to it for him to have been dismissed and removed from BBC archives so I’m completely prepared for the worst.

I know Jenas was an extremely divisive player. Personally I rated him and felt (as I still do) that he was lambasted for not being good enough during a period where we had rapid growth. The most we’d grown in the last 30 years. And a level of growth that most importantly has held ever since.

On a footballing level I still think he was a good player for us and that it’s easy to forget that he was a part of our journey from mid table side to an established European side.

However, if it turns out he was predatory then I would have course completely withdraw any support towards him as a human being. Till then I’m remaining completely neutral. Not cos he’s ex spurs but cos the details are not there yet.

One must assume there’s enough credence to it for him to have been dismissed and removed from BBC archives so I’m completely prepared for the worst.

The sad thing would be that it will be a blow to black male working class visibility in the mainstream media. Hopefully someone like Clinton Morrison can step up and take his place.

I saw someone post on Reddit that he was filmed at a pub drinking beers talking very erratically and energetically with some friends or work mates or whatever, and that he apparently was on coke - and that that was the reason. But just a rumour obviously.

I read a lot of people dislike him as a pundit. I quite liked him as a pundit.

I saw someone post on Reddit that he was filmed at a pub drinking beers talking very erratically and energetically with some friends or work mates or whatever, and that he apparently was on coke - and that that was the reason. But just a rumour obviously.

He was a breath of fresh air when he started, as he's quite a bit smarter than the average footballer or pundit, so offered a bit more on the tactical side. But he seemed to become blander over time

I saw a video of him with his dog chatting pure brick.

I don’t know whether that was to his public feed. He definitely looked and sounded like he was on cocaine

I’m honestly not just saying this because he’s one of our own but there’s a big gap between what it appears Jenas has done (sexually inappropriate messages) and what someone like Kyle Walker has done (actively exposing themselves).

Walkers been able to carry on and no one ever mentions it at all anymore. It’s like it’s completely forgotten.

Obviously this stands to be recorrected as things come out. Maybe women will come forward with more severe accusations in which case it’s completely indefensible.

Is that an issue though, if it's in private time? Blimey George Osborne and Michael Gove ran the country for 14 years fuelled by that.

Have you seen the video yourself? Just curious because I saw it on a Forrest fan page and don’t know where it is.

I’ve taken coke myself. Not in about 8 years now. But can’t say I’ve ever been tempted to video it and send it to anyone.

What stood out for me though is how mentally distressed he looks. If it’s a regular habit then it’s easy to see how he might’ve behaved in ways he wouldn’t have without the stuff.

Obviously there’s been a lot more reporting this kind of stuff in recent years/

And make no mistake about it, sexual assault and harassment is sadly so prevalent that there won’t be a club who hasn’t had players who’ve behaved that way.

I’m sure we’ve all cheered a few scumbags without ever having the faintest clue. It’s just it never will have been reported or made public.

But do have to still say that Jenas being the first of ours (other than Walker) to have this kind of scandal has still surprised me. He’s always seems quite quiet.

If it's the video I saw of him talking about something to do with 'securing the coin' then that apparently is a parody of someone else. There's no way they can sack him on the basis of that video alone anyway, even if they suspect he's on something

Can you sack someone for being a bit of an idiot?

The funny thing is its an extension of the age-old JJ arguments. Clearly has talent (presenting) and can be better than most other presenters when on 'his game'. But then has spells of being a total liability! Totally ineffective. Offensive even.

Have you seen the video yourself? Just curious because I saw it on a Forrest fan page and don’t know where it is.

I’ve taken coke myself. Not in about 8 years now. But can’t say I’ve ever been tempted to video it and send it to anyone.

What stood out for me though is how mentally distressed he looks. If it’s a regular habit then it’s easy to see how he might’ve behaved in ways he wouldn’t have without the stuff.

I don't know - I get brick videos like that from my mates on WhatsApp all the time. Probably not even coke-fuelled ones, just boredom

If it's the video I saw of him talking about something to do with 'securing the coin' then that apparently is a parody of someone else. There's no way they can sack him on the basis of that video alone anyway, even if they suspect he's on something

Can you sack someone for being a bit of an idiot?

The funny thing is its an extension of the age-old JJ arguments. Clearly has talent (presenting) and can be better than most other presenters when on 'his game'. But then has spells of being a total liability! Totally ineffective. Offensive even.

I wasn’t giving any attention to the caption posted by some randomer.

I personally don’t believe it directly has anything to do with why he’s been sacked.

Just something which (might?) offer insight into what’s going on with him more broadly.

Though having said that what is he parodying?

Jesus I’m 30 years old and completely out of touch with the latest trends. Old age comes fast.

I wasn’t giving any attention to the caption posted by some randomer.

I personally don’t believe it directly has anything to do with why he’s been sacked.

Just something which (might?) offer insight into what’s going on with him more broadly.

Though having said that what is he parodying?

Jesus I’m 30 years old and completely out of touch with the latest trends. Old age comes fast.
It came up on my daughters twitter feed and she showed me as she has a (very) vague idea he was a former spurs player. In the comments there were lots of people saying it was a parody of another twitter user and had become a trend to parody the original. But I have no idea if thats true or who the original poster was. And I care even less!

Can anyone explain to me why "celebrities" use social media? Facebook/X/tic-toc/etc is full of nutters, it always ends in tears. I worked in the media all my working life and I'm happy I retired when I did as I imagine 50% of the people I worked with would have been sacked for their misdemeanours and I would include myself in that.

It came up on my daughters twitter feed and she showed me as she has a (very) vague idea he was a former spurs player. In the comments there were lots of people saying it was a parody of another twitter user and had become a trend to parody the original. But I have no idea if thats true or who the original poster was. And I care even less!

If its the video I have seen of him in a beer garden its him parodying Snowy danger who is an internet celeb who is known for glamourise coke use, but unless he has been seen doing coke Its all guess work.

From what I have seen its because of being inappropriate to women colleagues but again not seen much detail to judge

Back