• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

West Brom - views from the other lot

milo

Jack L. Jones
El Guepardo gets board hero status from being the first poster to head over to an opponent's board and ask them some questions ahead of a game. We've decided to give the responses their own thread so that we can discuss them and they don't get lost.

Here are the questions he asked:

Sum up your season so far in 5 words.

How happy were you with your activity in the transfer window this summer?

How do you see the game going and what will the final score be?

Where will the game be won and lost for you guys?

Which of our players do you think will be the most danger to your side?

If you could sign any of our players, who would you sign?

Where do you think both sides will finish in the league?

Which of your players should we keep an eye open for over the next few years?

What do you think of Pochettino?

and here are a few responses

Sum up your season so far in 5 words.- very very very very average

How happy were you with your activity in the transfer window this summer? I was pretty happy, but no just becoming ridiculous the amount of time they need to "settle in"

How do you see the game going and what will the final score be? We will come up try and be organised, but one or two costly errors will result in a close spurs win 1-0 or 2-0

Where will the game be won and lost for you guys? We need to stop making errors, the majority of our goals conceded have been avoidable. And need to actually play some of the new more exiting players who may be able to unlock your defence

Which of our players do you think will be the most danger to your side? Adebayor, we've looked very shaky from set pieces, and along with that if he gets a chance he'll probably take it

If you could sign any of our players, who would you sign? Realistically, Townsend, we need some width Ffs

Where do you think both sides will finish in the league? Spurs probably 6th or 7th, us well at this stage I have no idea. I think most believe if AFI is here all season it may well be bottom 3

Which of your players should we keep an eye open for over the next few years? Mulumbu is top notch, could get into most teams in the league. Also the new left back Pocognoli has been the only bright point this season, expect him to play for a bigger club in the future if we do go down

What do you think of Pochettino? Decent bloke like his football, annoyed me for his whole time at soton not speaking English but finally is. Got to be better than that load mouthed deluded londener who you had last season

1.we're sh1t theres no denying
2.ok at first glance.not sure now tho
3.we will not venture forward very much and play very narrow and you will tonk us by a minimum 4.0
4.we will lose the game in the dressing room before kick off with alan superbrains irvines super defensive game plan
5.chadli
6.chadli
7.you 6th..us 19th
8.do you want to regress and go backwards?
9.as in Q7 youll finish no higher than 6th so will pochettini get the bullet for that?if so please send him down here

1. Very cautious manager. Silly mistakes.

2. Pleased with signings on paper. Still too early to judge on the field. Very odd managerial appointment though. Not too early to judge that.

3. 3-0 spurs. Unless we improve dramatically and play our quicker players... here's hoping... You will dominate possession and chances.

4. Unless Irvine has a change of heart we will try to hold you to nil, fail early on and then feebly attempt to get back into the game.

5. Anyone attacking us with pace and midfielders who can retain possession. So that is most of your lot then.

6. All of them, thanks for offering.

7. Spurs 5th-7th. Albion, with Irvine 20th, with a new manager soon, 17th.

8. Berahino is progressing well. IMO.

9. Impressive at Southampton, high tempo pressing possession football seems good to watch and will prove successful. Are you taking notes Mr. Irvine?

1. w@nk w@nk w@nk w@ank & finally w@nk.

2. Lots of unknown quantities brought in.

3. We`ll sit in and be obsessed with our team shape, trying to plug the gaps from the off, we`ll invite you onto us, you`ll be a goal up by half time at least and canter home 3/4-0 winners.

4. Erm, on the Green stuff.

5&6 - Dembele.

7. You`ll fail to break into the top four again, I see you finishing about 6th.
At the moment we`ll be in the bottom three.

8.None.

9. Like the high octane pressing style, we had a coach who had similar ideas last season, but our lads didnt fancy it.

Sum up your season so far in 5 words.

AS EXPECTED, ABSOLUTE ******* S***

How happy were you with your activity in the transfer window this summer?

HAPPY - WE HAVE ACTUALLY MADE SOME QUITE DECENT SIGNINGS. BUT IT'S LIKE GIVING THE COMPONENTS TO BUILD A DECENT CAR TO AN IDIOT

How do you see the game going and what will the final score be?

YOU WILL WIN AT A CANTER, 3 OR 4-0

Where will the game be won and lost for you guys?

IN THE DUGOUT

Which of our players do you think will be the most danger to your side?

YOU COULD PLAY IVERSEN NOW, AND HE WOULD LOOK LIKE FAT RONALDO IN HIS PRIME AGAINST US

If you could sign any of our players, who would you sign?

LENNON OR TOWNSEND,I LOVE TO SEE A PACY WIDE PLAYER.

Where do you think both sides will finish in the league?

YOU - ANYWHERE FROM 4TH TO 8TH. US? ON THIS SHOWING? I FEAR THE WORST.

Which of your players should we keep an eye open for over the next few years?

BERAHINO HAS THE POTENTIAL, BUT HAS HE GOT THE ATTITUDE?

What do you think of Pochettino?

I THINK THERE ARE BETTER DISNEY FILMS, TO BE HONEST. MADE IN THE EARLY 40S, IT SHOWS ITS AGE.

There are a load more responses on the Baggies board

We are looking for a volunteer to ask Southampton fans the same questions, if anyone is interested?

In my experience their fans usually are.

They're very realistic about their place in the football world and just seem to enjoy watching their team (except under their current manager).

Under most of their recent managers actually. You can see it with clubs like Fulham, Charlton, Stoke, once they hit their glass ceiling they're suddenly not that content any more. Just plodding along in mid table isn't enough. Strangely, they're among the very few that really like Hodgson.

Seems like a pretty desperate situation for them. If they've watched us against QPR and Sunderland I understand why they would be pretty worried about coming to The Lane with two draws, two losses and two goals scored so far.

well done El Guepardo for being the first to dive in on this - and to milo for bringing some of the answers across - interesting reading =D>

In my experience their fans usually are.

They're very realistic about their place in the football world and just seem to enjoy watching their team (except under their current manager).

Agreed.
The most agreeable club in the midlands by a long and large mile...

It was a strange managerial appointment wasn't it ?! Seems like they're not giving him a chance though! 4 games? Not saying I'd be any different if it was Spurs, just interesting to see from the outside.

Under most of their recent managers actually. You can see it with clubs like Fulham, Charlton, Stoke, once they hit their glass ceiling they're suddenly not that content any more. Just plodding along in mid table isn't enough. Strangely, they're among the very few that really like Hodgson.

Hi all, I am an Albion fan and thanks for coming on our board with the questions. You must think we are a so depressing :lol:

Thanks for the nice comments on this thread aswell, always interested in outsiders looking in.
But I disagree with jordinho comments. Us albion fans are always realistic and we know we are never going to achieve great things, not under our current owner anyway, but we have never hit the glass ceiling. We will all be very happy about staying up and of course, that is the number one aim. Clarke was driving Albion down and the fans and board could see that. 2013 was the worst year in terms of points ever in their history!! Unsurprisingly, pepe mel didn't work out and we can all see, you included, what irvine is doing ATM and there is only one way. Survival is the aim, and if the board see it under threat, they will take action

It is interesting what you see about Hodgson too. He was out messiah, take Albion on when we were in the relegation zone and only lost 2 games since February to take us to 11th, the next year 10th and everything was so good! Fulham also saw him as a messiah, obviously a uefa cup final for Fulham is unbelievable. Perhaps after these reigns of us and Fulham, the hope and belief has rose, but not the expectation of supporters.

Moving onto you lot,
I saw comments about the league position being interesting. I personally think 5th to 7th is the best you can do this season, spurs struggle against the so called bigger teams and beat mid table teams like ourselves. I believe pochettino is the answer though and maybe next year can push for a top 4
Player I'm worried about of yours: probably Eriksen or Adebayor.

Best of luck for the season

Megson, Mowbray, Di Matteo. All won promotion, but once in the PL it's not all smooth sailing. That's how I remember it anyway. It's nothing different from any other club out there though, but fans get discontent a little too easily when a team is fighting relegation, trying to establish themselves.

Hi all, I am an Albion fan and thanks for coming on our board with the questions. You must think we are a so depressing :lol:

Thanks for the nice comments on this thread aswell, always interested in outsiders looking in.
But I disagree with jordinho comments. Us albion fans are always realistic and we know we are never going to achieve great things, not under our current owner anyway, but we have never hit the glass ceiling. We will all be very happy about staying up and of course, that is the number one aim. Clarke was driving Albion down and the fans and board could see that. 2013 was the worst year in terms of points ever in their history!! Unsurprisingly, pepe mel didn't work out and we can all see, you included, what irvine is doing ATM and there is only one way. Survival is the aim, and if the board see it under threat, they will take action

It is interesting what you see about Hodgson too. He was out messiah, take Albion on when we were in the relegation zone and only lost 2 games since February to take us to 11th, the next year 10th and everything was so good! Fulham also saw him as a messiah, obviously a uefa cup final for Fulham is unbelievable. Perhaps after these reigns of us and Fulham, the hope and belief has rose, but not the expectation of supporters.

Moving onto you lot,
I saw comments about the league position being interesting. I personally think 5th to 7th is the best you can do this season, spurs struggle against the so called bigger teams and beat mid table teams like ourselves. I believe pochettino is the answer though and maybe next year can push for a top 4

Top post and thanks for popping over.
Agree with most of the above.

Good luck for the season (after 3.25 today)

I'm pleased to have been able to get this feature under way. I'm happy to be the go to person for most games this season, if required.

I've written my thanks on the WBA board but thank you again to Curt, and the other WBA fans, who took the time to answer the questions. This feature wouldn't be a success if we didn't have the feedback. So, thanks Curt. :)

I'm pleased to have been able to get this feature under way. I'm happy to be the go to person for most games this season, if required.

I've written my thanks on the WBA board but thank you again to Curt, and the other WBA fans, who took the time to answer the questions. This feature wouldn't be a success if we didn't have the feedback. So, thanks Curt. :)

Thanks again for doing this and thanks for offering to do more, if we don't get a volunteer for Southampton, we might have to take you up on that.

There are some really nice responses to your post game post on there. What a nice bunch.

Moving onto you lot,

Cheers for the comments Curt and good luck for the rest of the season

Thanks, your all great fans

What a game it was today, I bet you are looking back at our comments like "WTF are they on about" :p your lucky man utd lost as that game has got all the attention!

Your fans were excellent and gracious in defeat, usually the big teams **** us off when we win like man utd, Chelsea, Liverpool. Spurs fan accept we were better and praise us. Top top fan base, see you all at The Hawthorns

Thanks again for doing this and thanks for offering to do more, if we don't get a volunteer for Southampton, we might have to take you up on that.

There are some really nice responses to your post game post on there. What a nice bunch.

Southampton might be harder for me to do, as said before, due to me being away. If I can, as we have internet & I have time, I'll be happy to give it a go.

As it stands, any other fixture will be ok for me to do. I'm guessing no one wants to do the Arsenal one?

Back