• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welsh Spurs

neil316

Dave McEwen
Hi all, I not long ago wrote an article looking at the history of Welsh players at Spurs. Which I thought you might like to have a read of. When I wrote this article Ben Davies wasn't included because I felt that he had a bit of a way to go, how wrong I was! Let me know what you think:

https://y-ddraig.co.uk/2017/08/29/tottenham-hotspur-welsh

Well done mate.

Something that struck me is that a lot of them have been lefties.

Think you will be adding the name david brooks to the list in a few years.

I was sat in front of the south Wales spurs for the Madrid game

They didn’t shut up the whole game and we’re singing a lot

I bet they enjoyed that trip home

I can't believe you missed out Pat Van Den Hauwe, Mark Bowen and Chris Gunter.

But seriously - Jones, Bale, England, Burgess and maybe even Medwin would all probably make a top 30 Spurs players of all time list; Jones made our best ever 11 IIRC.

i didnt include pat because i wanted it to be a welsh born focus. the other 2 made more of an impact elsewhere

yeah jones was world class and everybody mentions what such a nice man he is

i didnt include pat because i wanted it to be a welsh born focus. the other 2 made more of an impact elsewhere

I can't believed Jones actually ran onto the pitch during the WHL Finale. At 82, he looked in better shape than a lot of the players from the 1980s and 90s!

Van Den Hauwe was crap, so doesn't deserve inclusion for that reason too. I know he played in the 91 cup winning team, but him and Fenwick were awful players.

yeah he only played for Wales because he had a british passport and could choose which country to play for

yeah looks fit as a fiddle doesnt he! will go on forever!

I'm guessin Jones was from black and white times, how would you describe his play?

Back