• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Good luck Sir. I have doubts but that may be more about me and what this club has inflicted on its fan base over the years than you.

Entertain me, compete at a decent level and I'll stay 100% behind you.
Same sentiment here. It will be interesting to see how he adapts to a much higher level in all ways.

Now on to the lore urgent issue, a Dof and player sales. I hope Ange is not going to take half a season to review what we have in stock and he gets 4-5 players he wants before the start of next season

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Will Kylie and Jason come to the lane I wonder? Or will they be seen spotted at our neighbours? Don't really matter I suppose I'll still follow spurs Home and away
ooohhh Margot Robbie ...

welcome Ange, Selamat Datang ke Tottenham Hotspur!

yeah my concern is defence so that we can spring forward, maybe a step back to get two steps forward - last season as we know we fell beind so often, and our confidence was smacked badly from toons game on in particular

i also want to see more opportunities for our young guns, the academy players and have faith to blood more, but not just for the sake of it

I'll be travelling to Greece soon, see where Ange's life journey started!

F all of you. I’ve listened to podcasts (thanks @milo etc) and read endless articles. And. I’m hoping. AGAIN. Will I ever learn? No. And I don’t care. This club runs through my veins. COYAUSSIES!

He's really good. There's nothing to worry about. The issues we will face with playing more attacking football, we would've had under any manager.

like that we have a manager who’s brought up speaking English (albeit Ozzie :) The likes of Conte and Poch lose something in translation. Here is a manager who’s articulate and native to our language. That makes a difference in team communication and media interaction. Call it a 5% bonus. Being able to get ideas across simply, in a digestible form is crucial.
Surely you only get that 5% bonus if all your players speak English as a first language?

Conversely I assume Jose/Contes added language benefit came from being multi lingual? (Perhaps Ange is??)

Same sentiment here. It will be interesting to see how he adapts to a much higher level in all ways.

Now on to the lore urgent issue, a Dof and player sales. I hope Ange is not going to take half a season to review what we have in stock and he gets 4-5 players he wants before the start of next season

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

I've a little bit of concern on this one. Apparently he needs a certain type of player and he has a history of wanting and having almost total control over ins and outs.

Not sure Levy will afford him that much control here. Particularly on shipping lads out.

Surely you only get that 5% bonus if all your players speak English as a first language?

Conversely I assume Jose/Contes added language benefit came from being multi lingual? (Perhaps Ange is??)

See the speech Postecoglou gives to the Ozzie team, imagine Conte trying to convey that message. A lot of team communication is to the whole group. Pre-game at half-time etc etc etc and that has to be in English. Didn't Postecoglou start out translating for Puskas? The same route into management as...Mourinho?

Last edited:
Now i understand why he doesn't need to take a cosching staff with him. You see the difference with the spurs training videos the last couple of years. He is the coaching staff. So much more involved in training.
I might be jumping to huge assumptions here, but he seems more like Redknapp and Jol - he won't overcomplicate or micro manage tactics but will set out what we all need to do and empower the players the players to do it.
I hope that's the case, because I love it. But what it will need is some leaders on the pitch - we might need to sign a few of those!

Heard a few "experts" saying, expect a slow start. Is that just based on celtic or his other clubs aswell?
I'm fine with that as long as we can see something develop.
This is the same now as when Jol, Redknapp or Poch took over. It's a reset.
Top 6 next season would be a success and build from there.
It's been a very long time since we weren't in Europe, but it does present an opportunity.

At first I was underwhelmed but the more I read and hear about Big Ange the more excited I get. He seems to have exactly the right mentality, humility and footballing philosophy to do well at our club, and he comes with a proven track record of success!

COYS!!!

I might be jumping to huge assumptions here, but he seems more like Redknapp and Jol - he won't overcomplicate or micro manage tactics but will set out what we all need to do and empower the players the players to do it.
I hope that's the case, because I love it. But what it will need is some leaders on the pitch - we might need to sign a few of those!

I see some are concerned with his ability to defend but we've had 2 managers who were supposed to be master of defence and had us handing the initiative to our opponents in most games, at least this fella appears to get us on top from the start and give our opponents something to worry about rather than the ball and time to use it.

Ah man this got me. Many similarities to my parents sacrifices to make a better life for me and my sister. Got me more than a bit emotional.
Same here. Like how my dad ended up in Heathrow all alone, a 19-year-old with a tenner in his pocket and a suitcase in his hand, having been ripped off by the guy who was supposedly helping him to get to England and make a new life via one of the 1960s Commonwealth immigration schemes.

Last edited:
I’m excited to see how Ange goes with the English press. He can be very prickly - one of the main reasons I wanted Ange is because he will be backing his club and players at all costs in the press, the opposite of Conte.

This is a definite concern but due to the above, the way Ange communicates and handles the press, I think Spurs fans will be right on board well before the first game of the season. I would love to be there for that game.
I like him questioning what the guys definition of catastrophic is?....doubt he'll be having to take that angle with our fans.

I have seen most of the videos posted and i must admit i like what he says any manager appointment is a risk no matter who they are though. He certainly talks the talk though and i hope that he is the one who will take us forward. However as some have already said its a different situation being a manger here compered to his previous jobs and it MAY take time for him to get his ideas over to the team.

As some have said we are really at a crossroads to where we go next and i HOPE that we are ready ( and willing) as fans to give him some time to get his ideas and way of playing across to the players. In other words lets not start moaning about him/ team if we do not turn into a winning team overnight.

I have seen most of the videos posted and i must admit i like what he says any manager appointment is a risk no matter who they are though. He certainly talks the talk though and i hope that he is the one who will take us forward. However as some have already said its a different situation being a manger here compered to his previous jobs and it MAY take time for him to get his ideas over to the team.

As some have said we are really at a crossroads to where we go next and i HOPE that we are ready ( and willing) as fans to give him some time to get his ideas and way of playing across to the players. In other words lets not start moaning about him/ team if we do not turn into a winning team overnight.
It's definitely a different situation to most other clubs.

We're the club that everyone, the media included, likes to laugh at. We're one of a handful of clubs that hasn't been relegated during the Premier League era. We've spent the last decade and a bit mixing it with the top of the league, spending (relatively) big money. We have an AWESOME stadium, good media presence, etc. But we haven't won anything. That makes us an easy target.

Supporters of the bigger teams look down on us for not winning anything, while being scared that we'll take their place.

Supporters of the smaller teams look up at us with jealousy, using anything they can to reassure themselves that, well, their club is just as good as Tottenham.

While we aren't the "evil empire" that ManU or Emirates Marketing Project are, we're never going to be the plucky underdogs. We're no-one's second team, even when we were playing beautiful football under Poch. We're never going to get the sympathy vote that Everton and Villa might get, despite us not being (until recently) much different to them.

That puts any manager into a difficult situation. Win something, finish in the top 4, or be damned. The flip side is that, in the modern era, there aren't many teams with a solid enough base for sustained success. We're one of the few that could.

Or is it just me, as a fan, deluded into thinking we're special?

Last edited:
Back