• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Ange Postecoglou’s response to being asked if Spurs fans should temper their expectations:

“No, no, no, let them go, let them go and enjoy it. My role is not to burst people's bubbles. Let them get excited, let them get ahead of themselves. That's the beauty of being a supporter. They go through enough pain mate, you want to let them enjoy it. If they think we're going to be world beaters then great, that's up to us to match that expectation. Our supporters deserve to have some happiness and enjoy it any way they want to.”

Somehow he’s even exceeding my expectations now!

But don't forget Fulham, that showed we still need to build over the next windows if we want to challenge on several fronts. Strength in depth, as we know in particular the CBs.

If we just focus on the league, playing once a week, apart from around Xmas and NY of course - we will be up there, I mean top 4, at season's end.

An interesting challenge is to find back ups for the especially young players like sarr, udogie and porro who have earned their starring places.

Some experienced hands may be useful but with Paratici and Gabbanini around I hope we continue to continue to source young like udogie.

But don't forget Fulham, that showed we still need to build over the next windows if we want to challenge on several fronts. Strength in depth, as we know in particular the CBs.

If we just focus on the league, playing once a week, apart from around Xmas and NY of course - we will be up there, I mean top 4, at season's end.

Ange said it, was impossible to do in one window

But more importantly, he also said, now, regardless of club circumstance (e.g. depth or "all" the players he wanted), it's his responsibility to move us forward

An interesting challenge is to find back ups for the especially young players like sarr, udogie and porro who have earned their starring places.

Some experienced hands may be useful but with Paratici and Gabbanini around I hope we continue to continue to source young like udogie.
Don't forget giving opportunities to our academy players if we're looking for youth

Well we already have Veliz & Ashley to be incorporated into first team, 2 years out potentially Devine and Scarlett. Maddison, Bissouma (prime) plus Son & Perisic (senior heads) show the mix.

I'd be tempted to go more experienced for one of the CB/LB position.

Ange's style/type of football and tempo would indicate most times we will go for younger players, pace I think is also a major consideration.

Credit to Ange yesterday. Thought he got the subs wrong. I’d have hooked Kulu rather than Son and I wouldn’t have brought on PEH or Perisic. Both of them contributed to the goals (as well as Richy who I would have brought on) and obviously keeping Kulu on the pitch proved I know dingdong all.

I’ve got to continue doubting Ange coz every time I do, he proves me absolutely wrong.

What a turnaround, eh?
I was watching on a brook and was shouting for Kulu to be replaced by Johnson because i thought we were playing into their hands by trying to go through the middle too much - we know how Kulu doesn't really do this too often). This was BEFORE we went a goal down....

So chuffed that it was Richarlison that ends up being part of the salvage operation and such a shame that Brenna Johnson's goal was offside - what a great finish that was eh.

That late win; does it strike fear into opponents who are only winning by a goal going into the last few minutes? Or even leading by two goals??
Will it keep a mindstate for our players to not give up, ditto the fans (who tbf kept singing constantly even when it looked like things were petering out)?
Or....did we get out of jail after conceding a pretty poor goal from a set-piece? (yes, i'm scared for next Sunday!)

Regardless, big feather in Ange's cap for that turnaround and, in the end, the timing of the subs.

100% agree.
And just want to get Levy credit - this was a bold appointment. It's clearly been well thought out alongside what we want to have as a club ethos. But it's fair to say very few of us (with one huge exception!) thought of this as the appointment of choice. I can't even remember who most of us wanted anymore!
I think most in here wanted Arne Slot, me included.

What a turnaround, eh?
I was watching on a brook and was shouting for Kulu to be replaced by Johnson because i thought we were playing into their hands by trying to go through the middle too much - we know how Kulu doesn't really do this too often). This was BEFORE we went a goal down....

So chuffed that it was Richarlison that ends up being part of the salvage operation and such a shame that Brenna Johnson's goal was offside - what a great finish that was eh.

That late win; does it strike fear into opponents who are only winning by a goal going into the last few minutes? Or even leading by two goals??
Will it keep a mindstate for our players to not give up, ditto the fans (who tbf kept singing constantly even when it looked like things were petering out)?
Or....did we get out of jail after conceding a pretty poor goal from a set-piece? (yes, i'm scared for next Sunday!)

Regardless, big feather in Ange's cap for that turnaround and, in the end, the timing of the subs.
Last season I would have stopped watching if we had gone a goal down like that as I knew we wouldn't been able to stage a come back, now though I have shades of the prime Poch sides where we just new that we was going to fight back. I just want to reiterate that I said "shades", we are not back to that prime Poch team yet, but it feels like we heading that way.

I know i have said it before but i just like hearing this guy talk and what he has to say to any question. Trying not to get carried away by what new managers have to say ( been there done that) but i can not help but smile when he talks.

Add to that the football we are playing and things are looking up.

Last season I would have stopped watching if we had gone a goal down like that as I knew we wouldn't been able to stage a come back, now though I have shades of the prime Poch sides where we just new that we was going to fight back. I just want to reiterate that I said "shades", we are not back to that prime Poch team yet, but it feels like we heading that way.

Interesting; it certainly reminded me of games like Swansea away when we were 1-0 down going into stoppage time in 2017..but also the Bergwijn Leicester game or Emirates Marketing Project away in Feb 2022...Conte certainly had a few of those which i think people easily forget.
But perhaps none so lateLATE...

I'm intrigued (though also petrified!) to see how we are set-up next Sunday...

Interesting; it certainly reminded me of games like Swansea away when we were 1-0 down going into stoppage time in 2017..but also the Bergwijn Leicester game or Emirates Marketing Project away in Feb 2022...Conte certainly had a few of those which i think people easily forget.

It may have been because by the end on Contes time I’d become less and less engaged in the game as a whole.
I guess that level of disengagement can influence how I remember matches

Yeah I’ve heard a lot of people on Saturday say “we’d have lost that under Conte.” I actually think Conte would have won that game by a goal or two and done so without the stress or the entertainment.

I enjoyed Saturday a lot more than 95% of Conte games but, to be fair, Conte did alright on the results front.

Back