• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Lots to take note of there. Before three minutes he's reiterating his approach to difficulty and how he's acting right now.
After 6.30 talking about the first season and how it's actually been.

Last edited:
Unless he tweaks the system tactics, it does not really matter which personal or coaches he brings in.
Of course it matters. Change goalkeeper or get a top coach that can sort out Vicarios probs with crosses and a set piece coach that can sort out how poor we are at set pieces at either end of the pitch could result in the best part of an improvement of about +20 in goal difference. That alone guarantees top 4.
On top of that coaches that can improve the decision making within the system, get the wingers to get into the box on end of crosses and a proper CF and we will see further improvements.
Not saying that the system doesn't need tweaking but there is plenty of room for improvement without changing it.

Unless he tweaks the system tactics, it does not really matter which personal or coaches he brings in.

Isn't that like saying 'unless you change the curriculum, it does not really matter which teachers you have'?
And I'm pretty sure most would take issue with that statement.
There's a huge personal component from the teacher/coach/educator within the scope of learning and development

Isn't that like saying 'unless you change the curriculum, it does not really matter which teachers you have'?
And I'm pretty sure most would take issue with that statement.
There's a huge personal component from the teacher/coach/educator within the scope of learning and development
This, Although I do wonder why he doesn't have a number of loyal coaches and assistants that know he's methods inside out. There was a lot of talk before he came that often goes to each new club and works with the current assistants and doesn't take a big team with him anywhere. I know there are merits in changing your assistants when things go a bit stale but it already feels like he's a one man team getting frustrated that he's current coaching staff aren't quite getting it the way he wants. Let's see, I'm pretty sure O'Keefe suggested there were coaching changes to come this summer.

What is Ange has seen a gap in his coaching staff that can help the team?

I don't know how many of the ones we have he has worked with before (I think a couple) but he put together a new team for each club.

So if he was seen weakness in the team and the coaching staff then he can fix that.

This, Although I do wonder why he doesn't have a number of loyal coaches and assistants that know he's methods inside out. There was a lot of talk before he came that often goes to each new club and works with the current assistants and doesn't take a big team with him anywhere. I know there are merits in changing your assistants when things go a bit stale but it already feels like he's a one man team getting frustrated that he's current coaching staff aren't quite getting it the way he wants. Let's see, I'm pretty sure O'Keefe suggested there were coaching changes to come this summer.

I think, probably as he expected, he's been using this first season to really see which players mentally are where he wants and can deal with challenge (witness his recent quote about Romero and his words about Vicario and Van der Ven fighting to climb up the ladder when he signed them). alongside that it's about seeing which players 'get' his style/philosophy and have the capacity to go with it.
He knew before coming in that there were a load of pretty good players but no matter how perfectly a square peg is made, if you've got a round hole then you need to stop using it. This summer will be the first real chance for him to move on the ones that don't fit (Royal, Deki, Bissouma perhaps?)
I don't think Ange is at a place where he sees the coaching staff as an absolute fundamental to kicking us on. First and foremost its about getting the right players and squad who can then be recipients of the coaching and can then (perhaps if still needed at that stage) have a little more focus given to things like set pieces.

Remember the brick show he took over, and it's not bad at all. Despite our shortcomings and poor performances. I for one look forward to see what we can achieve with Ange in his second season.
What I would like to see, is a coach that learns and adapts. Also called having a plan B. The problem I see with managers like Mourinho and Conte is that they're good managers, let there be no doubt, but they looked like they were willing to sacrifice results for philosophy so the word "stubborn" doesn't even begin to describe them. And we all know what Pochettino became when he became too big for his lemon flavoured boots, with his 89th minute substitutions when a goal down. And he had the best Spurs squad I've ever seen.

Sticking too long with players out of form or not being suitable is not the way to achive success. I like that Ange isn't afraid to make deep substitutions, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. That's part of the process. What I don't like is seemingly sticking to things that is obviously ineffective, almost to prove something. But I won't judge until next season, all things considered he has done well and up to my expectations at lease. I look forward to see what he can do in the transfer window.

Don't we need 1 more point?

If we expect united to drop points Vs arsenal.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine (have to play united) and Chelsea could both hit 63 points

Yep, my bad, thought we got 3 spots in the Uefa, its only 2 places

We now cant finish 8th due to the Uniteds playing each other, but if United win the FA Cup 7th place would not get a place in the ECL

What I would like to see, is a coach that learns and adapts. Also called having a plan B. The problem I see with managers like Mourinho and Conte is that they're good managers, let there be no doubt, but they looked like they were willing to sacrifice results for philosophy so the word "stubborn" doesn't even begin to describe them. And we all know what Pochettino became when he became too big for his lemon flavoured boots, with his 89th minute substitutions when a goal down. And he had the best Spurs squad I've ever seen.

Sticking too long with players out of form or not being suitable is not the way to achive success. I like that Ange isn't afraid to make deep substitutions, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. That's part of the process. What I don't like is seemingly sticking to things that is obviously ineffective, almost to prove something. But I won't judge until next season, all things considered he has done well and up to my expectations at lease. I look forward to see what he can do in the transfer window.

I don't think managers tend to develop plan Bs until their plan A is embedded in the team tbh

Back