• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

Nothing will get done.
People will still get angry at VAR and the same people fudging up will be in charge for the next game...

Either the refs we have need a lot better training, or we need better refs.

Fair play to Atwell, it’s about time we got some actual VAR time to enjoy, it’s been far too quick in the Euros, I want a bit of jeopardy and drama.

VAR has been excellent once again throughout the Euros.
Loads of controversial decisions and wrong-calls by referees overruled.
Bravo VAR, absolutely brilliant and a massive improvement to officiating correctness.

VAR has been excellent once again throughout the Euros.
Loads of controversial decisions and wrong-calls by referees overruled.
Bravo VAR, absolutely brilliant and a massive improvement to officiating correctness.
But no one is actually enjoying the tournament. The machines have nearly completed their mission of sucking all the joy out of the game

Isn't that because of the extended format and relative lack of jeopardy rather than to do with VAR?

The machines have nothing to do with France, England and Italy playing like dog white.

International football is boring. Even the best teams set up defensively to grind out results. It's not really about the football anymore either, it's mostly patriotism/xenophobia.

International football is boring. Even the best teams set up defensively to grind out results. It's not really about the football anymore either, it's mostly patriotism/xenophobia.
Could not agree more i remember fondly the 1966 final and enjoyed a lot of them since. Sadly now i struggle to watch many games and have done for a few years.

Isn't that because of the extended format and relative lack of jeopardy rather than to do with VAR?

The machines have nothing to do with France, England and Italy playing like dog white.

It's all part of the corporate and bureaucratic forces strangling all the life and joy out of the sport.

The switch to the 105 minute games this season haven't helped either. Just book players much more readily for any hint of timewasting instead - job done. Or a 10 seconds to take any set piece rule.

Could not agree more i remember fondly the 1966 final and enjoyed a lot of them since. Sadly now i struggle to watch many games and have done for a few years.

I went to 3 games in 1966 England v Uruguay, Uruguay v France two of the most boring games I've seen in my life and England v Portugal semi, don't know if it was a good game but was so nervous and exhilarated at the end most of the crowd didn't want to go home. Were some great games and Germany looked the best team in the competition. It was the first time I had seen such defensive football and outrageous calculated foul play, Pele was kicked off the park in all the Brazil games.

The day Attwell let a goal stand that went through the side of the net he should have never been allowed to ref/VAR, etc again att he top level
The is totally incompetent

It used to be the highest quality football. National sides were made up of the best players in their league.

It’s been taken over by the domestic game.

How many England players get in a PL best eleven for example? Stones and Foden, that’s about it.

It used to be the highest quality football. National sides were made up of the best players in their league.

How many England players get in a PL best eleven for example? Stones and Foden, that’s about it.

Do not disagree at all, as i said in the England thread i think a lot our squad are overated by some fans they look good for their clubs but its the overseas players that make them look better then they actually are.

Walker, Palmer. And Trippier at left back obviously.

More transparency is good, obviously. I wonder how it will work for those at matches, if half the stadium is trying to get onto the PL match centre account at the same time to find out what is going on. I hope some thought has been given to communicating this info in the grounds. I bet it hasn’t.

More transparency is good, obviously. I wonder how it will work for those at matches, if half the stadium is trying to get onto the PL match centre account at the same time to find out what is going on. I hope some thought has been given to communicating this info in the grounds. I bet it hasn’t.
Indeed, such a strange "solution". Wouldn't it be easier for them to just explain at the ground either through the ref telling us or the VAR telling us or on screens at the pitch?

Back