• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

U23s, Academy and Loanees

I think he's ready for a loan but how many managers are going to give a kid the most important role in their team? Their jobs are on the line, if he does get a chance it will be in the 1st or 2nd div. In a team with no recognised striker.

2nd div is fine. Just needs to experience playing games that really matter against senior players.

Commentator said 8 of last years U18s played last night in u21 team, kid on wing today was 15 and the sub keeper who came on was 5th keeper they've used this season.

Begs the question. Where have the 8 u21s from last season gone?devine loan anyone else? Philips wasn't with us last season washe?

Commentator said 8 of last years U18s played last night in u21 team, kid on wing today was 15 and the sub keeper who came on was 5th keeper they've used this season.
The old 21s were barely treading water...we've massively benefitted from a very good crop down the age groups that have stepped up.

All part of the shake out, and probably ahead of where they thought they'd be less than a year later

The old 21s were barely treading water...we've massively benefitted from a very good crop down the age groups that have stepped up.

All part of the shake out, and probably ahead of where they thought they'd be less than a year later

It happens in clubs where one group can be that much better
But we also know that teams have to utilise those players better too

Lankshear was on arsenals books then and the name stuck because I remember thinking he sounded like a Robin Hood character
The name sounds like a mix of Lineker, Kane and Shearer. No pressure.
Agree he does look a very tidy finisher, and links up SO well with Donley and Santiago.
Striker is such a strange position, it will be almost impossible for him to get game time ahead of the 17 strikers in our squad, but he does look good.

Incredible. I just looked at the transfermarkt page. Alfie Dorrington is 18 and a couple of the others as well! That is remarkable. I may have been too harsh on Alfie earlier.

U21s playing last league game away to Palace tonight, very changed team, only Soonsup-Bell, John and Gunter of regular starters in team. Saving the rest for Thursdays League Cup game against Forest.

Back