• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

U23s, Academy and Loanees

So the talk is he will stay at his current club until the Summer of 2025 at which point he will link up with us.

The transfer fee is rumoured to be £12m and I’m not sure if he joins us now and goes back on loan to his current club or if the transfer is locked in and happens in the Summer of 2025. I guess its most likely the former.

Either way I can’t quite see the benefit in his current club cashing in now unless his contract is up soon and he has indicated he wont be signing a new one.

Edit: so his contract at his current club doesn’t expire until 2026 so a bit confused why they are rushing to take our offer now.
That does seem rather strange. A year I can understand, but two?

Ah. there are reports that Brexit means that we can't sign EU players until they're 18. So the lad could have gone straight to Barcelona, if the reports are to be trusted...so why wouldn't he? Maybe his dad, being an actual football man (former player and current coach?), reckons this is the best way for him to develop -- competitive 1st XI games for a big club in a decent league.

Maybe Split need a cash injection, or perhaps they just don't want to lose the lad on a free later, or at a discount as his contract runs down.

But, given the long list of clubs rumoured to be interested in him, why Spurs? Maybe it's our Croatian connection. Either way, this sounds like an excellent gamble to make.

5-0 Good win, not a strong Colchester side but it could have been more, Veliz missed two one on one chances and there were more chances for Soonsup-Bell and Ashcroft. I don't think Santiago had a shot the whole game, very unusual. Dorrington started shaky but settled after 10 mins, Phillips strong and quick, Keeley in goal is very good passing with both his feet. Good movement and passing through the whole team.

5-0 Good win, not a strong Colchester side but it could have been more, Veliz missed two one on one chances and there were more chances for Soonsup-Bell and Ashcroft. I don't think Santiago had a shot the whole game, very unusual. Dorrington started shaky but settled after 10 mins, Phillips strong and quick, Keeley in goal is very good passing with both his feet. Good movement and passing through the whole team.
Kelley is the rush lad we signed
The scout I know says we rate him very very highly

Back