• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

So if true that's £140m Chelsea are spunking on 2 players, so much for Co-Vid Austerity
They do plan on selling quite a lot to find it I’ve read
Alonso, Zouma, Barkley, Batbrick and their losing Willian and Pedro
So I guess they will recover a chunk of the money
I do think their defence is quite weak defensively (good offensively) and their targets seem a bit wenger esque to me ...

They do plan on selling quite a lot to find it I’ve read
Alonso, Zouma, Barkley, Batbrick and their losing Willian and Pedro
So I guess they will recover a chunk of the money
I do think their defence is quite weak defensively (good offensively) and their targets seem a bit wenger esque to me ...

Seems like a Levy special coming up, last day of the window go in with a small offer hoping they need to balance the books.

Arrons + 2 x youthful good centre halves. Kane understudy.

I still think the club may see Parrott as the Kane cover
And I also believe we have centre backs who would be better with decent full backs
We may want to buy an out and out DM... I’m not convinced but that would certainly give the CBS more protection too
Our squad is IMO better than a lot of fans think but the weakness is actually catastrophic as our FBs consistently fail at the basics now

And I also believe we have centre backs who would be better with decent full backs
We may want to buy an out and out DM... I’m not convinced but that would certainly give the CBS more protection too
Our squad is IMO better than a lot of fans think but the weakness is actually catastrophic as our FBs consistently fail at the basics now
So many of the very good teams have excellent full backs. Never would you have thought years ago that the humble full back would be a critical position. Now it is.

Even if your full back doesn't produce good assist numbers, if they can lock down that whole flank, even without help, due to their power and athletic ability (eg Walker) it goes a long way to allowing other players to get on with what they are suppose to be doing without worrying about what others aren't doing. Of course layer on great crossing (TAA) and/or great defensive positioning/awareness....and you're then at elite level.

I'm not convinced that we need an out and out DM (in the long run) BUT at the moment it may make sense 1. To protect a vulnerable defence (either the older CH or young pairings... 2. Depending where we go with Ndombele he made need a stopper beside him. 3.A decent DM could just provide a point at the bottom to allow more combinations in front of him ie play it short to La Celso Ndombele Winks...and they do the distribution.

And I also believe we have centre backs who would be better with decent full-backs

Your Parrott scenario would be great, sadly I think it's just too early for him, you might get a few good games from him but he is just too young/inexperienced to step into Kanes shoes for any long spell say in CL etc if needed. A well-thought-out loan would be favourite, he must play regularly.
I want like for like 'young' pair of centre-halves replacement for Jan and Toby, These will be expensive. We need numbers ATM at the back we just have Tanganga and Sanchez this is a dreadful situation to be in.
A long term replacement for Rose to give us 'a quality' Davies option.

Arrons + 2 x youthful good centre halves. Kane understudy.
Aarons will be WAY too expensive for our budget this summer. I listed a few CBs available on bosmans earlier in the thread. If we do have a pound or two to spend then Robin K0ch from Freiburg would be my choice with only 1 year left on his contract. I would rather we spend our limited budget on a DM however and Hojbjerg fits perfectly in that he'll be cheapish due to only 1 year left on contract, is proven in the PL and a good age for a move to a big club.

Your Parrott scenario would be great, sadly I think it's just too early for him, you might get a few good games from him but he is just too young/inexperienced to step into Kanes shoes for any long spell say in CL etc if needed. A well-thought-out loan would be favourite, he must play regularly.
I want like for like 'young' pair of centre-halves replacement for Jan and Toby, These will be expensive. We need numbers ATM at the back we just have Tanganga and Sanchez this is a dreadful situation to be in.
A long term replacement for Rose to give us 'a quality' Davies option.
We have Tanganga, Dier, Foyth and Eyoma who was held in very high regard before his injury
I assumed sessegnon was the left back option and may still be
I just don’t see anything on the right

We have Tanganga, Dier, Foyth and Eyoma who was held in very high regard before his injury

Tanganga is IMHO the only one who 'maybe' good enough to partner Sanchez long term and he can do a job as a fullback if needs, Deir is going nowhere so we will see, Foyth?. Sess, who I like, was a very strange buy IMHO, we are less than sure what to do with him. I can't see him as a long term left-back he's not a defensive player. But I can't see him getting a gig in the right AM role dislodging Son or even Dele.
We need two young European based quality centre-backs if we are looking to have progress. Just as examples Zinho Vanheusden and Boubacar Kamara, there will be other I'm sure. But they must not be too old, Jose!. So no attempt to bring Jaap Stam out of retirement or Rio Ferdinand.
I see little future for the likes of Lamela and the mercurial Lucus but we will sadly have to use them.

I've seen a bit of Eyoma and I think he needs to improve a lot to make it, he's sound defensively but limited when he has the ball, the left back Cirkin looks a lot better prospect.

I've seen a bit of Eyoma and I think he needs to improve a lot to make it, he's sound defensively but limited when he has the ball, the left back Cirkin looks a lot better prospect.
I’ve seen nothing of either so can’t comment but then I’d only seen Tanganga pre season and could see he had something about him

Tanganga is IMHO the only one who 'maybe' good enough to partner Sanchez long term and he can do a job as a fullback if needs, Deir is going nowhere so we will see, Foyth?. Sess, who I like, was a very strange buy IMHO, we are less than sure what to do with him. I can't see him as a long term left-back he's not a defensive player. But I can't see him getting a gig in the right AM role dislodging Son or even Dele.
We need two young European based quality centre-backs if we are looking to have progress. Just as examples Zinho Vanheusden and Boubacar Kamara, there will be other I'm sure. But they must not be too old, Jose!. So no attempt to bring Jaap Stam out of retirement or Rio Ferdinand.
I see little future for the likes of Lamela and the mercurial Lucus but we will sadly have to use them.

I think that we have to remember that Jose is a great judge of a player and knows how to organise defences
He needs time and he will decide who is good enough
I’m not convinced for example we need a DM, @Finney Is Back is and we constantly debate/argue the subject. I look at our FBs as being so weak they expose the defence constantly
But if Jose what’s a DM - we should get him the best one we can
It’s the same across every position

I think that we have to remember that Jose is a great judge of a player and knows how to organise defences
He needs time and he will decide who is good enough
I’m not convinced for example we need a DM, @Finney Is Back is and we constantly debate/argue the subject. I look at our FBs as being so weak they expose the defence constantly
But if Jose what’s a DM - we should get him the best one we can
It’s the same across every position
It will be fascinating to see how we cope over the next 18 months!

Back