• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

Hmm, new right back link

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-tottenham-looking-sign-barcelona-right-back/

Tottenham are trying to negotiate a deal for Barcelona right-back Emerson Royal before Tuesday’s transfer deadline.

The Brazilian, who was at Real Betis for three seasons until this summer, is wanted to bolster Nuno Espirito Santo’s defensive options and the club are also in the market for a striker.

Spurs are still trying to offload fringe players after selling Moussa Sissoko to Watford. Finding a buyer for Serge Aurier would help the deal for Emerson.

Emerson, 22, arrived at Barca in 2019 and was loaned to Betis before an option to bring him back to the Nou Camp was triggered this summer. Spurs have been exploring whether he is available on an initial loan.

Japhet Tanganga has started the season for Nuno at right-back but the Spurs head coach would welcome competition, with Aurier deemed surplus to requirements. The club negotiated a deal for Toby Alderweireld to leave as their back line gets reshaped, with Cristian Romero coming in.

Emerson was a regular for Manuel Pellegrini last season and helped Betis reach the Europa League, providing 10 assists in the process.

We are soon going to have a very serious home grown problem in our team.

Agree with you - I posted the numbers in the rebuild thread. We're ok at the moment but limited room

I always think that *roughly* most of our first 11 will be non HG which means we need a good chunk of our squad players to be HG. Its why some players like Winks might need to be some tolerated...but would be good to see us sign some young English players and hope they grow to be good enough

For the conference league? Who cares?

I don't. But I will next season in the champions league.

Never thought it quite right that Davies and Rodon do not count as home grown because Welsh teams play in the league system. But we all know the rules so that is not a good enough excuse.

Agree with you - I posted the numbers in the rebuild thread. We're ok at the moment but limited room

I always think that *roughly* most of our first 11 will be non HG which means we need a good chunk of our squad players to be HG. Its why some players like Winks might need to be some tolerated...but would be good to see us sign some young English players and hope they grow to be good enough

It is why I was surprised we let Eyoma go instead of a loan. The is a defender at Gillingham called Tucker that we could do with signing and loaning out.

Who knows maybe in a years time we will let Davies go and bring back Cirkin. With Derby's financial problems we could pick up some of theirs.

Hopefully Parrott keeps progressing and Clarke and some of the keepets get good loans so will be ready next season.

It is looking like our new Italian director of football is not to aware of the rules.

It is why I was surprised we let Eyoma go instead of a loan. The is a defender at Gillingham called Tucker that we could do with signing and loaning out.

Who knows maybe in a years time we will let Davies go and bring back Cirkin. With Derby's financial problems we could pick up some of theirs.

Hopefully Parrott keeps progressing and Clarke and some of the keepets get good loans so will be ready next season.

It is looking like our new Italian director of football is not to aware of the rules.

Sessegnon, Tanganga, Skipp. If they keep developing that's a decent new batch of HG talent coming through. After that, we're all hopeful for the usual suspects.

Sorting out a lack of HG balance usually takes time or a shed load of money. I'm sure Paritici is well aware of that, but in a market like this picking up players like Gil and Sarr seems like really good deals for the future and I can definitely understand why we made them.

I don't. But I will next season in the champions league.

Never thought it quite right that Davies and Rodon do not count as home grown because Welsh teams play in the league system. But we all know the rules so that is not a good enough excuse.
Davies, Rodon and Dier, all seem pretty harsh to me, but like you say we know the rules, even if they are fudged up.

I'm sure he is aware of the rules. This summer he's been helped by pretty much all of our outgoings being NHG so able to replace them with NHG too. Hart being the main exception. When Lloris goes, it would be helpful if we could get a keeper wihch is English, particularly if Gollini has proved himself good enough to be no 1 - the reserve keeper should be cheaper

I'm sure he is aware of the rules. This summer he's been helped by pretty much all of our outgoings being NHG so able to replace them with NHG too. Hart being the main exception. When Lloris goes, it would be helpful if we could get a keeper wihch is English, particularly if Gollini has proved himself good enough to be no 1 - the reserve keeper should be cheaper

I have a theory we have so many keepers in the academy so that we can always have home grown for third or even second choice keepers.

I get why we have gone for foreign signings s they look good players. Our issues go much deeper and have been a long time coming.

I have a theory we have so many keepers in the academy so that we can always have home grown for third or even second choice keepers.

I get why we have gone for foreign signings s they look good players. Our issues go much deeper and have been a long time coming.
So how do Chelsea spin it?
They have plenty of foreign players

I agree

a meh window for me - mainly due to our outgoings

I think more activity will happen, we need one more midfielder and attacker.

Outgoings wise though I think we've done well - Rose, Sissoko, Lamela and Toby were probably on 400K per week between them. We were apparently paying Bale 200K a week and Vinicius maybe 20K so that's around 32m a year of the wage bill. Romero is probably on around 80 and Gil maybe 25/30 so overall we're in a good position - even if those positions are out we're likely 25M down on our wages from last season (taking into account Son's new contract) and well set when the finances recover.

I'd like to see one of Aurier and Doherty go but we know Aurier is gone next summer regardless and likely Lloris as well.

Definitely, there's been some good English talent moving last couple of years as well. I'd have taken Eze and Olise for a start, I think Palace got 2 bargains there.

Definitely, there's been some good English talent moving last couple of years as well. I'd have taken Eze and Olise for a start, I think Palace got 2 bargains there.

Knight at Derby and Collins at Stoke, both are actually Irish but crucially count as home grown unlike say Rodon.

Seen us being linked with Bissouma today in the press ... would be the best signing of the window if we can pull this one off.

Want this to happen just to fcuk off my brighton supporting mates. Darren and his wife are coming round for a barbecue later, so if it could happen today that would be great.

Back