• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Top of the League ( in squad age )

If they don't all sod off to bigger and better things, perhaps. In any case, tell me when we get there: I'll definitely still be around, being grumpy about stuff. :p

Hahaha, nice to see amidst the angst you still have your sense of humor ;)...yes, we shall see...I'd rather be optimistic and disappointed than pessimistic and vindicated though ;)

Hahaha, nice to see amidst the angst you still have your sense of humor ;)...yes, we shall see...I'd rather be optimistic and disappointed than pessimistic and vindicated though ;)

If I've pegged you right, steff, you're far older and more experienced than I am: how on earth you consequently still manage to keep that attitude utterly baffles me. :p It's admirable, but it's a bit mystifying as well.

As for myself, the day I take myself too seriously to laugh at my own varied idiosyncracies is likely to be a grim day indeed, mate. Life has taught me that much, at least. :)

From the BBC PL live text:

Tottenham's starting XI against City had an average age of 24 years and 40 days - the youngest in the Premier League this season. The previous youngest side was also fielded by Spurs - against Crystal Palace last weekend (24 years 118 days).

Good to see Poch continuing where he left off last season in clearing out the deadwood to allow the youngsters to flourish.

CEzqunpWEAAhej5.jpg

No, but it means more stability and upward potential for us compared to ALL OTHER CLUBS in the EPL at the moment.

Potential, yes. Stability, no. Big(ger) clubs can pay crazy wages. We can't. Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, Man U, and probably Arsenal players won't be lured out of the their clubs by money alone. And they can afford to pad up contracts to keep seemingly unhappy players from leaving. See Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard, and probably De Gea.

If I've pegged you right, steff, you're far older and more experienced than I am: how on earth you consequently still manage to keep that attitude utterly baffles me. :p It's admirable, but it's a bit mystifying as well.

As for myself, the day I take myself too seriously to laugh at my own varied idiosyncracies is likely to be a grim day indeed, mate. Life has taught me that much, at least. :)

About right I'd say. Born in the 60s.

Good to see Poch continuing where he left off last season in clearing out the deadwood to allow the youngsters to flourish.

CEzqunpWEAAhej5.jpg

I note that the five teams finishing 3rd through 7th are in the youngest six and that the two exceptions in the top seven are the two biggest spenders. Not sure what to conclude, though.

If they don't all sod off to bigger and better things, perhaps. In any case, tell me when we get there: I'll definitely still be around, being grumpy about stuff. :p

Where we exist in the footballing hierarchy there will always be the risk of our best players leaving for bigger and better things. At least we're at a point where bigger and better means Real Madrid level clubs...

One of the very few ways to actually overcome a worse financial starting position, and to compensate for losing your best players somewhat regularly, is a youth production line producing quality players and a backroom staff capable of improving younger players and settling them into the team successfully. We're seeing very clear signs of both.

If that's not cause for optimism, it should at the very least be cause for a slight reduction in pessimism.

It's been less than 18 months since Sherwood was sacked. Go back to that time, that squad, the problems we had back then... Imagine someone telling you that less than a year and a half later we'd be beating Emirates Marketing Project with a team that was the youngest in the league, where the experience in the "front 6" was provided by 3 23 year olds...

You really don't think that a young squad that appears to be gelling doesn't mean more upward potential??

The data presented in this thread doesn't quantify those things so it's outside the parameters of the discussion.

How do you measure gelling?
How do you measure potential?

The data presented in this thread doesn't quantify those things so it's outside the parameters of the discussion.

How do you measure gelling?
How do you measure potential?
I measure gelling by how much styling mousse I need to apply every morning. Potential is measured by how long it will hold together until I have to reapply.

I'm sorry I'm not replying seriously to your questions, but I have a hunch you're asking them just to be a smarty pants. And if I'm wrong and you're not, then I would be interested in how you would quantify them, especially the "gelling" one. Didn't realize there was a measurement for that, but if there is, I'm willing to be enlightened.

What a ridiculous angle to that story.

If Liverpool are "just behind us" by 0,8 years, then what about Saudi Sportswashing Machine whose average age is 0,1 year higher than Pool? If you include the scousers you most definitely also should include Saudi Sportswashing Machine in that article.

But hey, they're not Arse, Chelski or one of the Manchesters, so who cares.

What a ridiculous angle to that story.

If Liverpool are "just behind us" by 0,8 years, then what about Saudi Sportswashing Machine whose average age is 0,1 year higher than Pool? If you include the scousers you most definitely also should include Saudi Sportswashing Machine in that article.

But hey, they're not Arse, Chelski or one of the Manchesters, so who cares.
Agreed. Back in the day when Whinger played 'The Kids' you couldn't take a step without soiling your brogues in the pools of jizz spilled by the press about their yoof. fudge em all.

Back