• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Villa have spent £120m+, West Ham have spent, Bournemouth have spent over £50m, Brighton have spent over £70m, Chelsea are spending big again, Ipswich, everyone is spending money and thats just the premier league.
"Spending". I'd say that a couple of those are throwing money. Ipswich seem do be trying to outdo Nottingham, by buying a new squad of mediocre players. West Ham have sold some of their best players, as have Villa, so the net gain is questionable.
Chelsea are business as usual, throwing money left, right but not where they need it; centre (forward)

"Spending". I'd say that a couple of those are throwing money. Ipswich seem do be trying to outdo Nottingham, by buying a new squad of mediocre players. West Ham have sold some of their best players, as have Villa, so the net gain is questionable.
Chelsea are business as usual, throwing money left, right but not where they need it; centre (forward)
Chelsea havent brought a first team player yet are far as I can tell
It’s kids and players that go to their French club

85m for Alvarez is better value imo than say 65m on Solanke. Not presuming we are paying that much but just comparing the reported fees.

The thing I'll give Athletico, they aren't afraid to be ambitious. They will buy young prospects and they also buy good strikers and they have a fantastic record at picking forwards.

85m for Alvarez is better value imo than say 65m on Solanke. Not presuming we are paying that much but just comparing the reported fees.

Not necessarily. I could be wrong, I don't really pay a huge amount of attention to other team's players but I'm not sure Alvarez and Solanke are the same forwards -- to me, Solanke is a bit of a poacher, hard-working pressing type. Alvarez more of a creative forward, getting involved in the build up and scoring goals from outside the box.

Not necessarily. I could be wrong, I don't really pay a huge amount of attention to other team's players but I'm not sure Alvarez and Solanke are the same forwards -- to me, Solanke is a bit of a poacher, hard-working pressing type. Alvarez more of a creative forward, getting involved in the build up and scoring goals from outside the box.
Yup, Alvarez isn't really the type of forward we need. We need someone to get in the box on the end of things.

It’s amazing how its constantly mentioned on here that no one has any money to spend on players yet everyone is out there spending more money than us.

Likely to be one of the lowest revenue spent windows in recent PL history. Loads have not spent and many not anywhere near their previous levels.

You would think if we were bringing in anyone else to challenge for a first team place that it would be done this week. In an ideal world before the Bayern game to get a game under their belt.

You would think if we were bringing in anyone else to challenge for a first team place that it would be done this week. In an ideal world before the Bayern game to get a game under their belt.
Ideally yes. Ideally before the start of preseason.

But Ange has also shown that he can integrate players quickly. VdV was signed just days before starting his first game iirc and started off like he'd been here for years. If the player is a very good fit for the system there may not be much time needed to get them going well.

Never a bad time to sign a really good player that fits the system. Even if sooner would be even better.

Back