• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

I don’t think the qualities of Eze or Olise are in doubt
Their history with fitness is
And why oh why we don’t buy them when their in the championship and even available on a free… mental
We made a move for Eze from QPR but Mourinho rejected it apparently

Yeah, Levy was the one pushing for Eze. Probably a Pleat recommendation, but Jose wanted a player ready to step into the team rather than someone longer term

Yeah, Levy was the one pushing for Eze. Probably a Pleat recommendation, but Jose wanted a player ready to step into the team rather than someone longer term
Probably too old for him
I do hope we don’t make the mistake with Gray from Leeds
Get him now and we can even make him club trained I think

Olise and Eze are extremely confident and technically capable, they receive and turn and pass with ease, ghosting past others. They don't have to think "oh crap, let me try and control this, oops, let me chase it and scuff it" they just glide around in control.
They are a bit "nice" and "luxury" i.e. they don't seem to have that real nasty bite of some players to absolutely go the extra mile.

I'm most impressed by Adam Wharton, just does the right thing every time, covers loads of ground, great basics, makes them tick.

Olise and Eze are extremely confident and technically capable, they receive and turn and pass with ease, ghosting past others. They don't have to think "oh crap, let me try and control this, oops, let me chase it and scuff it" they just glide around in control.
They are a bit "nice" and "luxury" i.e. they don't seem to have that real nasty bite of some players to absolutely go the extra mile.

I'm most impressed by Adam Wharton, just does the right thing every time, covers loads of ground, great basics, makes them tick.
Yep, we defo missed a trick on Wharton. I really hope we can start picking off the really talented, HUNGRY, Championship players soon. We’ve missed so many.

Wharton has been outstanding
Plays quickly
Covers ground
Only negative is very left footed
Brilliant player there and exactly what we need

I suspect all of Tanganga, Lo Celso, Hojbjerg, Rodon, Parrott, Gill, Royal and Regulion will be offloaded. I think the club will try to farm Ndombele out on loan somewhere as they won't want to write off the last year of his amortisation as a loss on the books.

I suspect Genoa will take up the option for Spence as well (a shame in some ways as I think he'd be worth a look for us).

It wouldn't surprise me to see Skipp look for a move as he need to be playing games at this stage of his career.

That leaves: Vicario, Forster, Porro, Romero, Van Der Ven, Dragusin, Udogie, Sessegnon, Davies, Bissouma, Sarr, Bentancur, Maddison, Kulusevski, Johnson, Richarlison, Veliz, Son, Solomon as a squad of 19 senior pros so some reasonable room for additions though we're not exactly going to be bringing in mega money for those departing. If it includes Spence and Skipp then maybe £80-£90m for all of them?

I think we need a competition for the GK , right back competition, left back competition, a left sided CB with pace to cover VDV, a starting number 6 midfielder and another CF. Another wide forward option would also be great.

I suspect all of Tanganga, Lo Celso, Hojbjerg, Rodon, Parrott, Gill, Royal and Regulion will be offloaded. I think the club will try to farm Ndombele out on loan somewhere as they won't want to write off the last year of his amortisation as a loss on the books.

I suspect Genoa will take up the option for Spence as well (a shame in some ways as I think he'd be worth a look for us).

It wouldn't surprise me to see Skipp look for a move as he need to be playing games at this stage of his career.

That leaves: Vicario, Forster, Porro, Romero, Van Der Ven, Dragusin, Udogie, Sessegnon, Davies, Bissouma, Sarr, Bentancur, Maddison, Kulusevski, Johnson, Richarlison, Veliz, Son, Solomon as a squad of 19 senior pros so some reasonable room for additions though we're not exactly going to be bringing in mega money for those departing. If it includes Spence and Skipp then maybe £80-£90m for all of them?

I think we need a competition for the GK , right back competition, left back competition, a left sided CB with pace to cover VDV, a starting number 6 midfielder and another CF. Another wide forward option would also be great.

I think we need to look at some of the youth options too as cover
It’s missed opportunities even for experience

I think we need to look at some of the youth options too as cover
It’s missed opportunities even for experience

I'd prefer they got loans till they are ready to challenge for a first team place. Being backup just stunts their progress.

What are peoples thoughts on Lewis Cook as a potential DM?
He has been playing brilliantly under the new man at Bournemouth and been really comfortable receiving the ball deep and under pressure
No links to anyone that I know of but was thinking of options for the problem

What are peoples thoughts on Lewis Cook as a potential DM?
He has been playing brilliantly under the new man at Bournemouth and been really comfortable receiving the ball deep and under pressure
No links to anyone that I know of but was thinking of options for the problem
Always used to remind me of Dier in CM under Poch/pre-illnesses.

Back