• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

the Tim Sherwood man love thread

And watch Townsend as a 10? No thanks. Hoddle already failed here as a manager, giving him the job would've been the ultimate "I give up for this season" statement from Levy. Sherwood was worth a try imo. Did a decent job and might have continued doing it for Spurs if he got a chance.

8dZZTx6.gif

People seemed to be happy enough for Pochetino to finish sub-top and early eliminations from the FA-cup and EL, I don't see why that should be any different for Sherwood. Yeah, he wouldn't have lead us to the PL title, but he would have done a decent job.
He'd have been doing well to remember how to tie his own shoelaces and spell his own name for an entire season.

People seemed to be happy enough for Pochetino to finish sub-top and early eliminations from the FA-cup and EL, I don't see why that should be any different for Sherwood. Yeah, he wouldn't have lead us to the PL title, but he would have done a decent job.

Decent as in undermining the club with everything he says and the players hating him because he's basically a clam?

Pochettino has a long term plan and is tactically astute, Sherwood is little more than a blinkered motivational speaker.

And watch Townsend as a 10? No thanks. Hoddle already failed here as a manager, giving him the job would've been the ultimate "I give up for this season" statement from Levy. Sherwood was worth a try imo. Did a decent job and might have continued doing it for Spurs if he got a chance.

Hoddle did a decent enough job first time round. His hands were fairly tied by the situation he inherited and how crap most of our players were. ENIC were far tighter with their money then (compared to the 2004-9 splurging), as they were still minority shareholders.

Hoddle did a decent enough job first time round. His hands were fairly tied by the situation he inherited and how crap most of our players were. ENIC were far tighter with their money then (compared to the 2004-9 splurging), as they were still minority shareholders.
Not to mention Sherwood in the ranks.

Glenn Hoddle has a football managerial brain as good as any, but had and maybe still has some alternative baggage. People like Tim Sherwood thrived on and augmented this for personal gain, and Hoddle was an easy victim. I still wonder what could have been if not for the Drewery PR disaster under his stint as England manager, or if given proper resources when he was with us. He rarely if ever raised his voice back when undermined by people working under him, a true gentleman. If Hoddle hadn't brought those things, I think he would have been one of the top coaches/managers in the game today.

People seemed to be happy enough for Pochetino to finish sub-top and early eliminations from the FA-cup and EL, I don't see why that should be any different for Sherwood.

Huh??? What the hell does sub-top mean here? Do you mean lower than Champions??

Yeah, he wouldn't have lead us to the PL title, but he would have done a decent job.

Have you not watched any of what Sherwood has done and how he operates, both when with us and since with Aston Villa??
I can only assume:

A) a 'decent job' means talking constant contradictory-no-me-guv sh!t to the media every day, whilst sowing no tactical acumen to even be in a match with our equals or those with better squads/budgets
or
B) you are a relative of Sherwood

Huh??? What the hell does sub-top mean here? Do you mean lower than Champions??

Fifth/sixth.

Have you not watched any of what Sherwood has done and how he operates, both when with us and since with Aston Villa?

I watched him clean up the mess left behind by Boas, save Villa from relegation and lead them to Wembley.

I can only assume:

A) a 'decent job' means talking constant contradictory-no-me-guv sh!t to the media every day, whilst sowing no tactical acumen to even be in a match with our equals or those with better squads/budgets
or
B) you are a relative of Sherwood

Seems like you dislike Sherwood as a person, which seems to influence your view of his actual performances. I don't think Sherwood is the saviour he himself seems to think he is, but he doesn't really deserve the criticism he is getting from the likes of you. Did a decent job for us, actually did a decent job for Villa as well. What did their board expect this year after losing the spine of their team in the transfer window in Benteke, Vlaar, Delph and Cleverly?

Fifth/sixth.

I watched him clean up the mess left behind by Boas, save Villa from relegation and lead them to Wembley.

Seems like you dislike Sherwood as a person, which seems to influence your view of his actual performances. I don't think Sherwood is the saviour he himself seems to think he is, but he doesn't really deserve the criticism he is getting from the likes of you. Did a decent job for us, actually did a decent job for Villa as well. What did their board expect this year after losing the spine of their team in the transfer window in Benteke, Vlaar, Delph and Cleverly?

He 'cleaned up the mess' at Villa too; look what's happened there since. Do you seriously think Villa with their squad - and even with who they've sold - should have lost 8 out of 10 (i.e. 80%) of their league games thus far? They haven't even played Emirates Marketing Project or Arsenal yet; can you imagine what would have happened against those sides??
Then apply it to us: what makes you think that he wouldn't have had a similar nosedive with us (i.e. losing a lot of games after his initial good form)?

Do you honestly think his mouthy, man-management style (essentially if we win it's down to me, if we lose, well he squad aint good enough) would have led to us doing well long-term? And you talk about what he lost at Villa; wasn't it him saying how happy he was in the summer with most of their purchases?

Nah mate; if he'd stayed he's have gotten far worse with us; So SOOOO glad he went and everything that's happened since has vindicated Levy.

Fifth/sixth.

Like gathering everything in a pile, then kicking it all over the place.

He 'cleaned up the mess' at Villa too; look what's happened there since. Do you seriously think Villa with their squad - and even with who they've sold - should have lost 8 out of 10 (i.e. 80%) of their league games thus far?

I didn't expect them to do a lot better, no. High up my list to get relegated. Lost their best players, didn't get great ones in return and they need time to adapt anyway.

]Then apply it to us: what makes you think that he wouldn't have had a similar nosedive with us (i.e. losing a lot of games after his initial good form)?

The fact that he would actually have been able to keep his best players, unlike what happened at Villa.

Do you honestly think his mouthy, man-management style (essentially if we win it's down to me, if we lose, well he squad aint good enough) would have led to us doing well long-term?

I doubt he would have turned us into a big success, but I see no reason why he couldn't have achieved the same thing that Pochettino did the year after (which seemed fine enough by most Spurs fans): Getting fifth, a cup-run, early exit from Europe.

And you talk about what he lost at Villa; wasn't it him saying how happy he was in the summer with most of their purchases?

Of course he is not going to say they are sh!t purchases in public, that is a great way to start the season!

Glenn Hoddle has a football managerial brain as good as any, but had and maybe still has some alternative baggage. People like Tim Sherwood thrived on and augmented this for personal gain, and Hoddle was an easy victim. I still wonder what could have been if not for the Drewery PR disaster under his stint as England manager, or if given proper resources when he was with us. He rarely if ever raised his voice back when undermined by people working under him, a true gentleman. If Hoddle hadn't brought those things, I think he would have been one of the top coaches/managers in the game today.
Incidentally he was also doing a brilliant job at Southampton before he came to us. What did for him at Spurs was he needed a ball winning midfield player and wanted Scott Parker who was tearing it up at Charlton at the time. He had already sold Sherwood who criticised his training methods. IIRC we allegedly put in a 1 million pound offer for Parker, which was rejected and unfortunately we failed to get him. Parker then moved on to failure at Chelsea and Hoddle eventually lost his job in front of jubilant Southampton fans I believe, the inbred fokkers. Broke my heart that he couldn't have been a great manager for us.

Back