• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Stats Thread

I guessing that it means we have managed to keep the ball and move it over 75% of the pitch won’t losing it, so in the final quarter if the pitch..

It’s why I see Ipswich and Southampton up there too

But I’m probably wrong and it’s another state for the sake of it
There are a lot of them about and most of them are not worth the paper they are written on.

There are a lot of them about and most of them are not worth the paper they are written on.
Well they are, but not in isolation. But for analysing games, and working out different tactics, and what players fit which tactic and style, they are valuable. But you can't just look at them individually. Using them in a suitable manner is a big part of how the game is evolving.

Well they are, but not in isolation. But for analysing games, and working out different tactics, and what players fit which tactic and style, they are valuable. But you can't just look at them individually. Using them in a suitable manner is a big part of how the game is evolving.

Not going to have a big discussion on stats[ my work in the game used stats so i know they can be useful] However IMO they are a lot in todays game that are just full of flimflam.

Not going to have a big discussion on stats[ my work in the game used stats so i know they can be useful] However IMO they are a lot in todays game that are just full of flimflam.
I wouldn't dismiss it, if it's factual correct, and contains enough data points to make it statistically correct.

This is actually a great stat… if we score
Because it highlights we pass more than anyone attack wise, before they can get the ball
But it means feck all without the goals
Actually it shows how many passes the opposition can string together before we win the ball back. The lower the number, the better.

The fact that on this and a number of other stats we're top shows that were doing a lot right, at least on the offensive side. Just need to be more clinical and cut out giving away cheap goals.

Actually it shows how many passes the opposition can string together before we win the ball back. The lower the number, the better.

The fact that on this and a number of other stats we're top shows that were doing a lot right, at least on the offensive side. Just need to be more clinical and cut out giving away cheap goals.

i think its incomplete to say that we are not clinical.
the problem is that we allow the defence to organise and then we look to score.
hard to be clinical when you have 9 defenders in the box.
this slow slow fast fast rhythm we have now is too predictable.

this video shows how slot creates space that we lack. of course this builds on klopps work and team, but it show how far more we have to go

Back