• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Secret Footballer

If it is one person, then my money is on Jimmy Bullard.

The who is the secret footballer site more or less matches players up to the clues left in each post and with that in mind if it is one person or even actually a player I'd say it was nicky shorey, Coincidentally a relative of mine managed a kids team called comet of which Shorey played for and he's always said that Shorey was a smart lad especially compared to a few others in the team, also managed Ledders and John Terry at the same team which is my one footballing anecdote. Oh, and the BMJ one :D

From a United forum:

Evidence that its Dave Kitson from some of the past Secret Footballer articles ...
Started career in lower leagues - Cambridge
Been a member of a side promoted to the Premier League - Reading
He has played for a newly promoted Premier League club - Reading
Played last game of the season needing to win to avoid relegation - Reading
Has been relegated from Premier League - Reading
Has been a record transfer signing - Stoke bought him for record 5.5 million
That transfer did not work out - failed to score all season - played 18, 0 goals
Moved clubs on transfer deadline day - Stoke to Portsmouth
Career on the wane - was once tipped to play for England, now can't get in Portsmouth team just relegated to League One
Friends with an African who once played in Russia - Andre Bikey at Reading
Once saw his manager pick up the chairman and throw him out the dressing room- could only be in the lower leagues surely - has to be John Beck at Cambridge
Has also talked about growing up on a council estate and from the articles has almost certainly played for teams in provincial 1 team towns - Reading, Portsmouth, Stoke

Plus this interview back in 2007

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/dec/29/newsstory.reading?INTCMP=SRCH

The background to all this was that I'd had an operation a few weeks before and, as a result, was taking some pretty heavy-duty prescription pain relief. I mentioned this to a journalist and, from there, the Chinese whispers began. My friend didn't say anything, but that didn't stop his newspaper from trying to run a story the very next day suggesting I had overdosed on painkillers.

Dave Kitson has revealed the agony he suffered last week in the lead-up to his appendix operation. Reading’s striker even passed out after he swallowed too many strong pain-killers to try to numb the pain.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/readingfc/s/2006205_kitson_reveals_appendix_horror_story

Hmmm, if it is Kitson it would make the comments about Ashley Cole particularly interesting

From my own deductions I've found Reading to fit with a few clues. Kitson, Shorey, A.N.Other.

Kitson's a big Spurs fan, isn't he?

EDIT:

makes no bones about his love for all things Spurs.

He said: "I make no secret of it and why should I? I think it is sad to be a footballer and not be a fan. It is almost a sin.

"There are players who just don't see how football affects people and can't remove themselves enough to see the impact they have. It is such a huge part of our culture.

"I am a fan and it matters to me whether Tottenham win. And it matters to my family. If Spurs lose, the week is a non-starter."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...on-aiming-rock-Spurs-idols.html#ixzz0iheJ1W9S

Last edited:
Scott Parker.

The Checklist
1. Is he English?
2. Is he currently married?
3. Has he played under at least 4 managers?
4. Has he had a transfer between 2 Premiership clubs?
5. Was he a Premier League player in January 2011?
6. Has he played with a group of French players at one club?
7. Has he played with a striker who refused to move unless the pass went exactly where he wanted it?
8. Did he play for one manager for a considerable amount of time who was great before losing it?
9. Has he played for a manager who lost the dressing room?
10. Does he have a friend who plays for Liverpool?
11. Might he think Harry Redknapp is the Messiah?
12. Has he appeared as a pundit? (TSF probably doesn’t do so)
13. Did he have a long term girlfriend as a younger player?
14. Had/has a strong father figure.
15. Not an Arsenal or Emirates Marketing Project player.
16. Did he play a match at some point towards the end of March or first few days of April 2011?
17. Not a keeper.
18. Has a daughter.
19. He played with Paolo Di Canio -removed by public demand
20. Someone who’s got a chat about ‘another season’ coming up -see revealing tweet post
21. He’s been involved in a last day relegation battle
22. He’s played for a newly promoted Premier League club
23. Has been subject to a deadline day transfer
24. TSF is Caucasian
25. Has a good friend who is African and has played for a team in Russia

Last edited:
Parker doesn't really fit with being picked up by a lower league club sometime after turning 15

He came through their youth system though. And from what I've read I imagined a smaller club than even Charlton.

Thought he came through the old FA school of excellence and was picked up by Charlton at 16, could be mistaken. You have to admit a lot of it fits though.

Thought he came through the old FA school of excellence and was picked up by Charlton at 16, could be mistaken. You have to admit a lot of it fits though.

Wiki is contradictory on the subject. Says he graduated from the FA thingy, but lists him as a youth player for Charlton from age 10.

Also something against parker is that TSF has come out against the long ball tactic or negative football and in contrast last season parker had a couple of quotes attributed to him that he accepts that part of the game and some times that tactic would be used if he were a manager if it fitted the situation or words to that effect.

Back