• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official 'How do you stop Emirates Marketing Project?!?!' OMT ***

Last season home vs. City was probably my most memorable match of the season. That great Tevez run with that sexy turn into the Milner assist, the relief when Dempsey finally equalized after knocking at the door for what seemed like hours, the Defoe solo and then the perfect pass from Hudd to set Bale up for the chip over Hart.
Weds can't come quick enough.

That 7-10 minute spell in the second half was absolutely amazing. I buzzed off it for weeks and cant recollect how many times I rewatched in on YouTube

Was anybody able to ride a river and view City's Watford cup tie?
How were Watford able to go two goals up at the Etihad? Did the game offer any clues as to how we can approach the game on Wednesday?

ITV last night tended to suggest they went 4-4-2, didnt sit back and went at them. They did build it up as some sort of amazing comeback, which I thought was OTT bearing in my mind there were at home against a Championship side, its not like they came back from 2-0 at the Emirates for example

It could be a sign.

I once dreamt Arsenal were beating us 2-0 at half time thanks to goals from Pires and Viera, only for us to draw 2-2 at FT. All of that happened, I felt a complete mug for not putting money on it, but then who dreams up the first scorer, HT and FT scores?

If possible, I think I would go with Vertonghen and Chiriches against City. It wouldn't be the normal pairing for me but I feel we need two centre backs who are quite mobile, decent in the air and on the deck against the movement of Aguero and possibly Negredo but more likely Dzeko.

Not sure about playing Bentaleb either specifically in this game but it might be a little early to throw Sandro in.

I would go 442, I just think we are at home, we need the points and if we can make them think as much about what we are doing rather than us just trying contain them then we could start to get on top and exert our influence and confidence. If it were away from home then I would want us to ease in and be a bit more cautious but I think we are best of just going for it at home, within reason of course and get the crowd going early doors.

If possible, I think I would go with Vertonghen and Chiriches against City. It wouldn't be the normal pairing for me but I feel we need two centre backs who are quite mobile, decent in the air and on the deck against the movement of Aguero and possibly Negredo but more likely Dzeko.

Not sure about playing Bentaleb either specifically in this game but it might be a little early to throw Sandro in.

I would go 442, I just think we are at home, we need the points and if we can make them think as much about what we are doing rather than us just trying contain them then we could start to get on top and exert our influence and confidence. If it were away from home then I would want us to ease in and be a bit more cautious but I think we are best of just going for it at home, within reason of course and get the crowd going early doors.

I'm not good at doing tactics tbh, but for me we should always play 442 at home and let the opposition worry about us, than the other way around.
And if we get beat at least go down fighting, too many times this season I have seen us try to stifle the opposition and it just didnt feel like I was watching Spurs

Cheers, good news, pub it is then, much better than streaming it at home on the laptop (not that I'd do this!) and having you mrs and daughter give you gip for it.

Its on da BT sports innit blood?

The days get closa brethrin!!!!!! we gotta beat dat Emirates Marketing Project massive!!

Lloris
Walker - Chiriches - Vertonghen - Rose
Lennon - Dembele - Eriksen - Townsend
Soldado - Adebayor​

Is how I'd go for this one.

With Mumorns team above, plus the strong probability that City will go 4-4-2, that would be a right humdinger of a game. Both teams going for it.

Can't see Tim going for it TBH. Expect Soldado to stay on the bench after the team's second half display at Swansea without him.

I'm well buzzing for this cos it would be a great feeling to end their long unbeaten run but at the same time I'm dreading it. Aguero and Dzeko always bum us. The potential good news for us is that Negredo and Silva are doubts and Nasri is definitely out. If 1/2/3 of those are out we have a slim chance of winning IMO. Then again, they roasted us 6-0 when they were without Kompany and Silva a few months back, so maybe I'm just overconfident.

Think we'll continue to set up to play on the counter, it's worked well away and playing City at home is probably akin to an away game in all honesty as they will come at us. We can't afford to start as sluggish as we did vs Palace.

My preferred team: LLORIS WALKER CHIRICHES VERTONGHEN ROSE SANDRO DEMBELE LENNON ERIKSEN TOWNSEND ADEBAYOR

Good old 4-2-3-1 with players in their preferred positions. Harsh on Daws but Aguero always has his number. Also not too fair on Bentaleb who has been half decent lately but Sandro is better defensively and would be vital in dealing with Silva should he play. Not Townsend's biggest fan TBH but if we're going to be set up to hit them on the break then he's a better option than Sigurdsson, Chadli etc.

Expecting the worst (1-3), hoping for the best (3-2).

REVENGE WOULD BE SWEET - COYS

Can't see Tim going for it TBH. Expect Soldado to stay on the bench after the team's second half display at Swansea without him.

I'm well buzzing for this cos it would be a great feeling to end their long unbeaten run but at the same time I'm dreading it. Aguero and Dzeko always bum us. The potential good news for us is that Negredo and Silva are doubts and Nasri is definitely out. If 1/2/3 of those are out we have a slim chance of winning IMO. Then again, they roasted us 6-0 when they were without Kompany and Silva a few months back, so maybe I'm just overconfident.

Think we'll continue to set up to play on the counter, it's worked well away and playing City at home is probably akin to an away game in all honesty as they will come at us. We can't afford to start as sluggish as we did vs Palace.

My preferred team: LLORIS WALKER CHIRICHES VERTONGHEN ROSE SANDRO DEMBELE LENNON ERIKSEN TOWNSEND ADEBAYOR

Good old 4-2-3-1 with players in their preferred positions. Harsh on Daws but Aguero always has his number. Also not too fair on Bentaleb who has been half decent lately but Sandro is better defensively and would be vital in dealing with Silva should he play. Not Townsend's biggest fan TBH but if we're going to be set up to hit them on the break then he's a better option than Sigurdsson, Chadli etc.

Expecting the worst (1-3), hoping for the best (3-2).

REVENGE WOULD BE SWEET - COYS

This game is a win/win as far as I'm concerned (provided there are no injuries). Points for us mean more points for us and the alternative means more pressure on The Goons at the top.

Liverpool/Everton tomorrow too.

Would love a draw in that game, just so a loss against City won't feel AS bad.

Liverpool/Everton tomorrow too.

Would love a draw in that game, just so a loss against City won't feel AS bad.

I think we'll need cover in the middle of the pitch, b/c Fernandinho and Toure are absolute beasts. Think this match will come too soon for Sandro, but expecting Paulinho and Jan to be back. Here's my team. I love Soldado, but I think we need everybody except Adebayor to be positionally astute and have the ability to put a foot in.

------------Lloris--------
Walker--Daws--Jan---Rose
---Paulinho----Dembele---
Lennon---Eriksen----Chadli
---------Adebayor---------

1-1

Decent side SpurSF, I'd go the same but chuck in Townsend for Chadli. Let's have an element of let's get at them. If navas us gonna go at Rose let's make sure Townsend has a good go at Zabaleta

Back