• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
We should be happy, keep them away from the circus and negative backlash England is sure to get, plus actually get some rest time.

don't get me wrong, I'm relieved about it, but it's nice to at least FEEL like we have a squad full of Internationals!! whether they go to the Euros or not!

as it is, we'll have Defoe (I doubt Parker will go) and have to 'suffer' the Walnutt tossfest MkII that we'll get with Oxo-Chamber-Pot!

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I chuckled when I read that Hodgson picked Oxlade-Chamberlain after he impressed him when up against Pirlo and Ambrosini for Milan, when one never played in that game and the other plays for Juve. :D

Question to be seriously asked

- While the level of expectation for England at this Euros must be low
- What happens to Hodgson if Englands goes out at group stage with one, or no wins?

after picking this squad

Question to be seriously asked

- While the level of expectation for England at this Euros must be low
- What happens to Hodgson if Englands goes out at group stage with one, or no wins?

after picking this squad

i dont expect England to get out of this group, i think they will draw all 3 games.

This is not Hodgson's squad, players. He hasnt had enough time, wont have had enough time, to implement his ideas into these players. It would have been the same for whoever took over.

All he can do make the best of this time together, start formulating ideas for the future, and be ready for the start of the World cup qualifiers

It's a shame really, but for injuries, we probably have 5 or 6 players that could realistically consider themselves in with a shout, and may well have been, had Harry got the job (and been fit of course!)

King, Dawson, Walker, Huddlestone, Lennon, Defoe, maybe even Livermore??

Dawson is not good enough, and Livermore has started 7 games this season in the League. I like these players but lets not get carried away. Lets just hope they are good enough to sit on the bench for us and be solid enough when they come on.

Carrick proving what a lazy cnut he is....he doesnt want to be selected if he is to be a squad player????? how about going in there and proving yourself worthy by working your nuts off in training mate?

Carrick has had a fantastic season and should deservedly be one of the first choices on the teamsheet - its a fudging insult he is expected to battle it out with the likes of Hendersen.

I had high hopes for Roy. Seems to me they were a total waste, he is making all the same mistakes the last 3 managers have. Guess we will do the usual, lucky to scrape out of the group, knocked out against the first ok team we meet, generally abject the whole time.

This was an opportunity to clear the decks and build for an exciting future, instead its the same old sham.

I am convinced the FA lean on managers to pick the likes of Terry/Lampard purely for the lucrative sponsorship/advertising revenues they carry - they dont give a fudge about the performance of the team.

Carrick has had a fantastic season and should deservedly be one of the first choices on the teamsheet - its a fudging insult he is expected to battle it out with the likes of Hendersen.

I had high hopes for Roy. Seems to me they were a total waste, he is making all the same mistakes the last 3 managers have. Guess we will do the usual, lucky to scrape out of the group, knocked out against the first ok team we meet, generally abject the whole time.

This was an opportunity to clear the decks and build for an exciting future, instead its the same old sham.

I am convinced the FA lean on managers to pick the likes of Terry/Lampard purely for the lucrative sponsorship/advertising revenues they carry - they dont give a fudge about the performance of the team.

I agree, same mistakes, we needed a new start with young hungry players.

This is a PR disaster, they must have known (surely they asked in interviews) what squad he was going to pick, if it was this brick, they might as well have left Pierce in charge.

No Lennon is my favourite buttplug. The guy is quick and has proved, like Walcott that in European football that defenders don't like pace. Leaving out Sturridge too leaves no flex in our tactical approach. Still can't believe terry is in the team despite racial abuse charges and he is so slow. What role model is he?

Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick decided that he did not want to travel to Euro 2012 if he was going to have to watch from the sidelines. The English Football Association announced that Carrick had notified them a few months back about not wanting to be a squad player.

The English midfielder felt that at this point in his career he did not want to be used as an option off the bench. When new England boss Roy Hodgson announced his Euro 2012 squad, many were left surprised that Carrick was not on the list, but Jordan Henderson made the cut for the stand-by list.

--------------

Carrick notified the FA a few months back, seriously who the heck does he think he is????

Parker has had a great season , lampard has had an fantastic second half of the season in a deeper lying position, these are players Carrick is battling it out with. I feel he doesnt have the stomach for the fight, and that type of player is useless to England anyway.

there are to many players who now couldnt care less about representing England. Its too much of a hassle to travel, to be away from families, home comforts, where is the pride??? if carrick was selected as one of the 23, it should be an honour, no matter if he is not guaranteed a start. Its up to him to impress the new manager, at least give the new manager the chance to see him close up in training.Who knows maybe Hodgson would have seen something in training that put Carrick straight into the team. Now we will never now. Why? because Carrick is a coward

One of the best midfielders we have, in the best form and best suited to international football?

He should have been a mainstay of the England midfield for the last 5 years, I dont blame him for wanting to get a proper chance or not at all.

One of the best midfielders we have, in the best form and best suited to international football?

He should have been a mainstay of the England midfield for the last 5 years, I dont blame him for wanting to get a proper chance or not at all.

but he is the one who has refused the opportunity...new manager, new opportunity, yet Carrick doesnt have the stomach for it. Better players than him have been harshly treated in the past but i never saw them refuse to even be selected.

I think he has seen the writing on the wall. Chance for a new start, for the correct decisions to be made - and yet again its the same old same old.

I dont think its a lack of stomach, I think its resignation to the same brick happening again and again

but he is the one who has refused the opportunity...new manager, new opportunity, yet Carrick doesnt have the stomach for it. Better players than him have been harshly treated in the past but i never saw them refuse to even be selected.

Mate, he said he wasn't interested in being part of the standby roster, i.e. being put in the same bracket as Henderson, rightfully he said I rather stay home than go through that process to be a standby that never gets called up.

To be fair, Hodgson has choosen the same old bottlers, but its not as if there was a golden generation coming up and not being given a chance.

Belgium.

Edit: I notice they are not in it. That shows how much i have paid attention to it really. So..

Netherlands.

Back