• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Haye will definitely challenge again if he stays injury free but that's a big if. Nobody has the speed and power combination that he has in the division. I'd like to see him beat one of the American pretenders (Jennings, Martin) next before fighting someone like Ortiz who is making waves but is also untested. Then he should get a title shot.

America is desperate for another heavyweight superstar which is why Wilder has had such an easy ride but I think he loses to Fury, Klitschko and Haye comfortably.
As for Joshua, he will need to learn to move his head if he wants to progress but it's still early days for him.

I wouldn't call Jennings a pretender. He's never had a big promoter or easy path. In his last five fights he's faced Fedosov, Szpilka, Perez, Klitschko and Ortiz. The five before that had a combined record of 110-16. He only has 21 fights, 15 less than Wilder. He lacks size and power, though, so could be a decent step up for Haye or Joshua.

Ortiz, though untested, is the real deal in my opinion. He's got everything.

Ortiz is too old to be much of a force surely. He's not going to build a long reign at the top even if he were to get the opportunity.

Ortiz is too old to be much of a force surely. He's not going to build a long reign at the top even if he were to get the opportunity.

I don't think 36 is that old for a heavyweight, especially one with no apparent flaws in his game who hasn't had much wear and tear. He needs to get a title fight soon-ish, though.

Foreman retired for ten years and came back to win the lineal heavyweight crown at 45...

I wouldn't call Jennings a pretender. He's never had a big promoter or easy path. In his last five fights he's faced Fedosov, Szpilka, Perez, Klitschko and Ortiz. The five before that had a combined record of 110-16. He only has 21 fights, 15 less than Wilder. He lacks size and power, though, so could be a decent step up for Haye or Joshua.

Ortiz, though untested, is the real deal in my opinion. He's got everything.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on Jennings, he's done well to get where he is now but he is only up there because the division is so weak. There are only a handful of boxers that really deserves to be mentioned in the world class bracket.

I really want to see Ortiz in with a higher level of opponent but there just aren't enough people to test him.

On a side note, I think Dillian Whyte could carve out a good career for himself. I definitely want to see a Joshua rematch to see if this shoulder injury was a factor in his loss or if it was just bad conditioning. Whyte will give anyone a fight but whether he would be good enough to take it to a world level is yet to be seen.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on Jennings, he's done well to get where he is now but he is only up there because the division is so weak. There are only a handful of boxers that really deserves to be mentioned in the world class bracket.

I really want to see Ortiz in with a higher level of opponent but there just aren't enough people to test him.

On a side note, I think Dillian Whyte could carve out a good career for himself. I definitely want to see a Joshua rematch to see if this shoulder injury was a factor in his loss or if it was just bad conditioning. Whyte will give anyone a fight but whether he would be good enough to take it to a world level is yet to be seen.

I don't think Joshua's team would want to go anywhere near a rematch, not unless/until Joshua loses... or somehow Whyte can get a title before Joshua does by taking a riskier route.

I don't think Joshua's team would want to go anywhere near a rematch, not unless/until Joshua loses... or somehow Whyte can get a title before Joshua does by taking a riskier route.

You're probably right. They will avoid Haye like the plague for a while too no matter how much public interest there is because Haye would dispatch him pretty quickly imo. It would be a bit like Bruno vs Tyson.

Parker is the fight for Joshua. Another "Somebodies O has got to go" type affair.

Kell Brook will fight Kevin Bizier in March. Very disappointed with that as Brook is hasn't fought anyone of note since winning the world title. Brizier lost twice to JoJo Dan who Brook made to look amateur.

Brook vs Khan has to happen one day. It could sell out Wembley.

Kell Brook will fight Kevin Bizier in March. Very disappointed with that as Brook is hasn't fought anyone of note since winning the world title. Brizier lost twice to JoJo Dan who Brook made to look amateur.

Brook vs Khan has to happen one day. It could sell out Wembley.

Its not Brook's fault Khan has dodged him. He's opted to be mandatory for Garcia, which is arguably a tougher fight. He wants to carve out a career in America, and has wasted a fair amount of time trying to get the Mayweather and Pacquiao fights. If he beats Garcia, maybe they will both put their titles on the line and fight

Its not Brook's fault Khan has dodged him. He's opted to be mandatory for Garcia, which is arguably a tougher fight. He wants to carve out a career in America, and has wasted a fair amount of time trying to get the Mayweather and Pacquiao fights. If he beats Garcia, maybe they will both put their titles on the line and fight

No it's not his fault but I do get frustrated that arguably the best p4p boxer coming out of the UK at the moment isn't fighting the top names in a stacked weight division.
As for Khan, I don't think he really wants it. I always get the impression he's looking for that big pay day so he doesn't have to fight any more.

Yeah just read about that.

I don't see why Khan should get the lions share, he's the challenger!
This fight has to happen one day and when it does, I hope Brook batters him.

Yeah just read about that.

I don't see why Khan should get the lions share, he's the challenger!
This fight has to happen one day and when it does, I hope Brook batters him.

Me too, Khan really thinks he is something he is not, total clown shoe

I know people associated with Whyte and they feel the same but he wont dedicate himself to the sport like others, if he got 12 round fit he has all the tools to do VERY well. The issue with him is like Chisora, its his head, Chisora found that out too late and the games almost passed for him

I know people associated with Whyte and they feel the same but he wont dedicate himself to the sport like others, if he got 12 round fit he has all the tools to do VERY well. The issue with him is like Chisora, its his head, Chisora found that out too late and the games almost passed for him

That's a shame considering he was a pretty successful kickboxer. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened vs Joshua if he was properly conditioned and his shoulder held up. You could see from the earlier rounds that he was blowing out of his arse.

David Haye will be fighting at the o2 on 21st May. His opponent is yet to be named.

Canelo Alvarez vs Amir Khan Saturday 7th May.

Alvarez is the real deal, his power will be enough to knock out Khan

Canelo will give him a good hiding.

If Khan has negotiated Box Office points then he's gonna make himself a lot of money on that weekend, probably why he took the fight.

Back