• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Me too, Just for the simple reason that he always comes to win a fight by knock out even though he has great wrestling.. something GSP stopped doing a long time ago. They showed a trailer for it last night where GSP is standing there showing off some spinning roundhouse kicks etc and all I kept thinking was when was the last time we saw that GSP?

PS. Good win for Machida last night, be interesting to see where he goes from here.

Hopefully vs. Belfort (in Brazil obviously as Vitor needs his TRT to stay relevant)

Matt Serra killed the entertainer in GSP, what makes me laugh is him giving it the biggun' in his karate gear for his walkouts and post fight yet hasn't utilised it properly in years.

The 5 round jab-a-thon vs. Shields really did kill it for me, same against Koscheck. Only Condit has got a good fight out him recently IMO.

Anybody just watched Ringside with Froch and Groves on it...

I cant wait for this fight, Groves really trying to get into Froch's face and head but its just not working...

This could be a corker of a fight

I love Froch hope he wins...

They'll keep him ticking along, got another fight next week on the Froch undercard. Eddie Hearn will see him good.

GSP vs. Hendricks in the UF tomorrow night, would LOVE to see Hendricks KO him but it will likely be another clinic from GSP, rumours of him retiring afterwards...

They'll keep him ticking along, got another fight next week on the Froch undercard. Eddie Hearn will see him good.

GSP vs. Hendricks in the UF tomorrow night, would LOVE to see Hendricks KO him but it will likely be another clinic from GSP, rumours of him retiring afterwards...

Really hope it's a decent fight.. I hope Hendricks can compete in the striking and doesn't end up like Koscheck*

*although I secretly quite liked seeing Koscheck get picked apart in that fight!

Hendricks has serious sledgehammer power so i can't see a brawl happening. GSP doesn't have the chin to go back and forth. Once Hendricks connects it's all over. So we'll likely see GSP win it from the outside or take him down and keep him there

Hendricks should've got that decision! What an anti-climax. GSP can't go out on that note

Haye never had any intention of fighting Fury.

The boxing cynic in me thinks if he found out the Klitchsko fight ain't possible anymore (politics career and all that) why still bother with a Fury fight when it's a lose/lose situation. If you can't get to a Klitschko anymore what's the point?

Hendricks should've got that decision! What an anti-climax. GSP can't go out on that note

I was absolutely livid with that, they got the Lawler vs. Rory call right (what the hell is wrong with Rory, did Condit take his fighting soul away the same way Serra did with GSP?! the boy simply doesn't "fight") but absolutely screw Hendricks out of IMO a clear win.

Great card all round, it's very telling though when only 1/2 journos out of the whole MMA press world called it for GSP and you have Dana White spitting venom about how awful a decision it was that his PPV cash cow won.

I was absolutely livid with that, they got the Lawler vs. Rory call right (what the hell is wrong with Rory, did Condit take his fighting soul away the same way Serra did with GSP?! the boy simply doesn't "fight") but absolutely screw Hendricks out of IMO a clear win.

Great card all round, it's very telling though when only 1/2 journos out of the whole MMA press world called it for GSP and you have Dana White spitting venom about how awful a decision it was that his PPV cash cow won.

Who's knows? I started the fight expecting to see a hungry Rory prove he was ready to be the guy that could replace GSP at the top of the division but there was seriously nothing there. Rogan kept referring to the fact he is one of the first purely MMA trained fighters and in a way that's exactly how he fought, kind've like he felt he was technically better in every area so didn't need to take any risks, but that really backfired. By the end of the fight Lawler actually won me over.

Lawler is great, would probably have gone a lot further in his career if he didn't just go out and bang with everyone, he has decent wrestling too. They say styles make fights and his style (as Dana said) was a perfect fit to make Rory uncomfortable, Rory just didn't adapt.

The BJ Penn fight showed that he could fight, but it took some serious trashtalk from BJ to get him in that mode it seems, even then he didn't finish him when BJ was out on his feet for most of the 3rd round.

Said on SSN that Froch has gained 5lbs overnight and Groves 9lb, how can they put on so much weight in one day ???

Said on SSN that Froch has gained 5lbs overnight and Groves 9lb, how can they put on so much weight in one day ???
It's all water weight before the weigh in boxers dry out don't drink or eat for 24 hours work out in plastic suits to sweat.

Froch claims to never do it as can't be good for you. Groves did as he spoke about it on sky that's why weigh in is the day before fight so they can feed and re hydrate.
But if Froch has gained 5lb must have dried out.
Think a litre of water in the body's ways 1kg or 1lb can't remember which it is .

Froch claims to never do it as can't be good for you. Groves did as he spoke about it on sky that's why weigh in is the day before fight so they can feed and re hydrate.
But if Froch has gained 5lb must have dried out.
Think a litre of water in the body's ways 1kg or 1lb can't remember which it is .
Weighs I mean can't edit on phone hope that helps pal of mine is a boxing nut so explained all that to me I always wondered that myself

Back