• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Arsenal are doing what they do
Beat the teams they should beat
Lose to the teams of similar resource to them
It should get them top 4

Lets not be biased and just admit Arsenal have been the best team in the prem this season and it is a worry, if they but more in January there is no reason why they cannot get top 4 with ease.

There is a lot of denial on here about how good Arsenal have been this season. I hate to say it but to me they look like City's closest challengers.

There is a lot of denial on here about how good Arsenal have been this season. I hate to say it but to me they look like City's closest challengers.
What makes you say that?
To challenge for the title you have to beat your rivals. Their history and recent form suggests that’s something they struggle with.

It’s always this way though, going back to Wenger (not even late Wenger). They are much better in the first half of seasons, it reaches a peak when they beat us at home in early winter. I agree they have been impressive but the pressure is off. They bottled last season when under the gun.

That wasnt a minutes silence...shame on them, Had to cut it short to avoid further embarassment
I don't think so. They have 13/14 very good players.
After that there is a huge drop off (see today's bench, not just the 15 year old) - it's a long, tough season in England, esp with Europa League too.

They've done well beating all the teams they're expected to beat. Not all top four contenders will do that, especially for the full season. And Arse are definitely a top four contender.

Their opening fixtures have been very favourable, though. October will be the first real test for Arse, with tricky fixtures against us and Liverpool, as well as EL matches in between. If they come out of the other end of October with the same monentum, I'd start to worry.

What makes you say that?
To challenge for the title you have to beat your rivals. Their history and recent form suggests that’s something they struggle with.

Well, Liverpool don't look quite right to me, Chelsea will be inconsistent, Man Utd are an improving side and we are getting good results out of average performances (which is great but possibly not sustainable). So I just feel so far the goons have looked the most impressive of the rest. They don't really have many tough away games until the 2nd half of the season and hopefully their "history and form" in that area will catch up with them but at the moment they look very good.

Well, Liverpool don't look quite right to me, Chelsea will be inconsistent, Man Utd are an improving side and we are getting good results out of average performances (which is great but possibly not sustainable). So I just feel so far the goons have looked the most impressive of the rest. They don't really have many tough away games until the 2nd half of the season and hopefully their "history and form" in that area will catch up with them but at the moment they look very good.
There is logic in what your saying
But getting the tough names out the way is much better than having them after a World Cup IMO

Back