• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

For all of Haaland's goals and well deserved hype, and every expert predicting City will easily win the title, we are level with them after six games. That's not bad at all.
And 3 points ahead after our usual win against them next week :p

For all of Haaland's goals and well deserved hype, and every expert predicting City will easily win the title, we are level with them after six games. That's not bad at all.

If City had Toney or Mitrovic instead, I would expect them to score a very similar number. City create a high number of chances. Toney and Mitrovic have both been excellent this season in worse squads. Haaland is excellent but I do think he’s overhyped a bit.

If City had Toney or Mitrovic instead, I would expect them to score a very similar number. City create a high number of chances. Toney and Mitrovic have both been excellent this season in worse squads. Haaland is excellent but I do think he’s overhyped a bit.
Overhyped in what way? His numbers are incredible, and have been wherever he's been. If anyone else could do it, why haven't they? He's setting records no one else has managed.

Wow that west ham disallowed goal, WTF?!
None of those officials in VAR or the ref himself should be anywhere near a park match let alone PL again

I don’t really get the outrage on that one? The West Ham player left his foot in there and caught the goalkeeper. Seems a reasonable foul to me.

I don’t really get the outrage on that one? The West Ham player left his foot in there and caught the goalkeeper. Seems a reasonable foul to me.
Never a foul, Mendy had messed up and the ball went lose before there was any contact. Bowen jumped over Mendy and there was minimal contact, no force behind it.
Mendy play acting is the only reason a free was given.

Overhyped in what way? His numbers are incredible, and have been wherever he's been. If anyone else could do it, why haven't they? He's setting records no one else has managed.
He's a great old fashioned centre forward who's so difficult to play against. Huge test for our back line next week.

He’s playing in a City team set up to maximise chances for the striker. KDB is incredible and made the goal for Haaland yesterday but the team is the best in the league. They will be creating regular good level chances for the striker to take.
Haaland is excellent but I’m thinking how the likes of the other strikers would perform in a similar setup.

He’s playing in a City team set up to maximise chances for the striker. KDB is incredible and made the goal for Haaland yesterday but the team is the best in the league. They will be creating regular good level chances for the striker to take.
Haaland is excellent but I’m thinking how the likes of the other strikers would perform in a similar setup.
Why didn't Aguero or Jesus get numbers like that? His numbers were/are the same at Dortmund and RB Salzburg and the national team, where the supply line is nowhere near as good. He's just a very good centre forward.

Never a foul, Mendy had messed up and the ball went lose before there was any contact. Bowen jumped over Mendy and there was minimal contact, no force behind it.
Mendy play acting is the only reason a free was given.

Sure Mandy makes the most of it, but there is clear contact and Bowen was nowhere near the ball. I just don’t think it’s “scandalous” as Moyes called it. Seen far worse decisions on the same day.

311455-BB-AEE8-4-D12-A932-33-FA472-A82-F7.jpg

Sure Mandy makes the most of it, but there is clear contact and Bowen was nowhere near the ball. I just don’t think it’s “scandalous” as Moyes called it. Seen far worse decisions on the same day.

311455-BB-AEE8-4-D12-A932-33-FA472-A82-F7.jpg
Not all contact is a foul. Mendy slides out and it's as much Mendy going into Bowen. Bowen jumps and his trailing leg brushes off Mendy.
Some horrible decisions yesterday. There's several refs doing VAR that should be banned.

I still can't accept VAR. I would rather celebrate a goal instantly, where a striker looks level with a defender (and then find out later on watching Match of the Day that he might've had a toe offside) yet the linesman couldn't possibly see it so gave the benefit of doubt, Rather than half heartedly celebrate and wait 2mins to check lines on a TV screen. It just kills the enjoyments of scoring goals.

I would prefer if they just butted in and told the ref when he missed something obvious, like tell the ref when there was a sneaky elbow, or if a red card tackle wasn't actually that bad etc. Instead of focusing on finding ways to rule out goals

Back