• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Micah Richards really trying to make excuses for them. They have had 1 or 2 important injuries this season and that is it.

Arsenal will end up ten points behind City. Probably not a reflection of the real gulf between them.

Pep is relentless and I hope they do win the champions league.

Anyone got one of them interactive videos of the positioning of teams in the table each week of the season?

What's gonna happen next year when Saudi Sportswashing Machine, United, Liverpool all splash the cash, and Chelsea improve etc? There's gonna be some meltdowns if Arsenal disappear from title contention

This is the narrative that the media should have been carrying

- This was their one shot (by failing to win this season, it will be over 20 years since their last PL), circumstance gave them a shot and they absolutely choked with objective in sight, just like last season with CL spot
- Next season not only will they have all you mentioned, plus CL football, plus some revert to mean
- They always were being overrated/overhyped, not because they didn't play well this season, but because the fundamentals aren't there, where is their 20 goal a season striker? Ben White is your title winning defender? Arteta makes the same mistake Pep initially made, he favors smaller technical players (look how much more physical recent City is) and he isn't that great.

It will be interesting how their fans react if they are 7th/8th in first half of next season, the flipside of playing the "we didn't choke" we are going to push on from here is the expectation set.

Just how much cash will Liverpool be spending though? won't be in the CL, have already spent a fair bit in recent windows on Nunez etc and the owners aren't exactly 100% into them anymore. Could be interesting to see what they do in the summer.

Just how much cash will Liverpool be spending though? won't be in the CL, have already spent a fair bit in recent windows on Nunez etc and the owners aren't exactly 100% into them anymore. Could be interesting to see what they do in the summer.

Yeah, i'd rather they were in EL than CL as Man Utd will always be Man Utd in terms of spending (and of course if they go for Kane we will only deal if its for absolute top dollar) and i won't be good to have them also spending big CL money in the same markets...

I do think they are in a better position than most in that they've got a difficult commodity already in their ranks: goals from multiple sources. If they actually do some smart deals for their midfield and one ball-playing CB they could challenge again next year very easily...grrrr...

Yeah, i'd rather they were in EL than CL as Man Utd will always be Man Utd in terms of spending (and of course if they go for Kane we will only deal if its for absolute top dollar) and i won't be good to have them also spending big CL money in the same markets...

I do think they are in a better position than most in that they've got a difficult commodity already in their ranks: goals from multiple sources. If they actually do some smart deals for their midfield and one ball-playing CB they could challenge again next year very easily...grrrr...

I'd like to go with the "they're majorly fudged" approach but yeh, few good signings and they're probably back in the mix.

All this speculation about how hard it's going to be for them next season with all the teams who are going to recruit and spend big may seem comforting to some but it really worries me for our future. I think we are in for a few tough years trying to keep up.

That VAR line that flashed up for the goal looked very weird, but it literally was on the screen for 1 second so who knows. deliberately vague as always.

Back