• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Crap sub situations by Arteta, strange ones, wouldn’t be happy with those if I was a Goon, which thankfully I’m not.

Happy days!

Wasn't there a stat that Arsenal struggled in February of seasons more than any other month? Long may it continue.

I think it hurts us. Pep has them in his sights big time now. Beat us and the gap is back to 2 points.

Nah, this is the season everything falls into place for them - when they stumble, City will stumble too. And we have to handle the ambiguity of beating City to help Arse win the title. :p:mad:

Wasn't there a stat that Arsenal struggled in February of seasons more than any other month? Long may it continue.
I’m not sure whether it’s statistically proven but i’ve always felt, even going back to the Wenger days, that they do well in the first half of the season but falter as the games come thick and fast and European games start again. Then once damage has been done in the league and they’re out of the cups their form picks up again in to the end of the season (when pressures off).

This is all just sensory though, not sure if the stats back that up?

There will have been a few Arsenal fans who might have been hoping they would be 8pts clear with a game on hand on Sunday night, now it is more than likely the gap will be 2pts.
Could be a pivotal weekend?

And Wolves 1-0 up v Liverpool

I’m not sure whether it’s statistically proven but i’ve always felt, even going back to the Wenger days, that they do well in the first half of the season but falter as the games come thick and fast and European games start again. Then once damage has been done in the league and they’re out of the cups their form picks up again in to the end of the season (when pressures off).

This is all just sensory though, not sure if the stats back that up?

many teams without quality depth fall away in the latter half of the season. injuries and extra cup games decisive factors.
we should know.

Back