• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

The fees really aren’t going to help Potter. Coz he’s struggling and there are big question marks over his ability to have a free scoring team.

The headlines will be that he’s struggling with hundreds of millions of investment. The fact they badly overpaid won’t really be taken into account. Tough job he has now.

He was being talked up on here by many post-Mourinho. Looks like we might have dodged a bullet.

The fees which Chelsea paid for some of these...50%-100% too much in some cases
I think almost anyone who has even a passing interest in football has figured out by now that one shouldn’t pay too much faith on players who catch the eye during international tournaments. See Karol Poborsky, Ha-mes Rodriguez, Sissoko ffs!
I thought Fernandes looked tidy in Qatar but that was about it. Nothing special. Yeah he got young player of the tournament but that could’ve gone to any number of players depending on who made the final. I doubt if he’ll be seen as anything special in five years time when he’ll supposedly be at his peak.

What do you base that on?

He's managed 3 teams above park level, having one hit and two flops.
I think what he did with what park team abroad was decent, then going deep in Europe beating some super powers along the way.

Was decent at Brighton, always played decent football, left them in phenomenal shape for what is a you say a small side.

I find it difficult to judge him at Chelsea when some clueless yank is playing fantasy draft football with the club and just dumping players at him saying "sort that mess if toy can"

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Guys a quality manager
He is at a cluster fudge of a club where his job is to assemble jigsaw pieces that don’t fit together

The biggest charge against Potter is that at Brighton they always struggled to score goals and he never remedied it. His successor goes in and, despite losing a key attacker in Trossard, they're scoring a lot more. Meanwhile, Potter goes to Chelsea and now they're struggling to score despite a lot of seemingly decent players, and with Chelsea having scored more under Tuchel

It would be a surprise if that is a coincidence and he'll need to solve it to survive

The biggest charge against Potter is that at Brighton they always struggled to score goals and he never remedied it. His successor goes in and, despite losing a key attacker in Trossard, they're scoring a lot more. Meanwhile, Potter goes to Chelsea and now they're struggling to score despite a lot of seemingly decent players, and with Chelsea having scored more under Tuchel

It would be a surprise if that is a coincidence and he'll need to solve it to survive
Chelsea don’t have a striker
Brighton didn’t either
Yes they are scoring more at Brighton but they had a great system in place before and de zerbi has taken that onwards
Trossard is toilet don’t forget. Can’t score at Neverton either

Forgot about Chelsea playing last night. Made my morning already when I read that Fantasy Football Town drew with Fulham, after spunking all that money. Granted they may reap the benefits soon, but while it doesn't I will smile.

Now then, can the new manager bounce and a fired-up Goodison Park, possibly help pull off some kind of miracle, if only a draw?

Bring on DycheBall

I think what he did with what park team abroad was decent, then going deep in Europe beating some super powers along the way.

Was decent at Brighton, always played decent football, left them in phenomenal shape for what is a you say a small side.

I find it difficult to judge him at Chelsea when some clueless yank is playing fantasy draft football with the club and just dumping players at him saying "sort that mess if toy can"

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk
His choice of who he works for all counts as part of what he does.

Taking the money and working for an owner who won't keep his nose out is his choice. He has to be judged with those choices as a part of his performance.

Oh how I wish we had CBs from either side.
Are you serious? So you're saying there's nothing Conte can do with the players we got? Fulham didn't give Chelsea a sniff, and that with a West ham reject and a soon to be retired American as CB'S!
But we have to spend millions to fix our defence? Sure....

Everton won't have the quality to keep Arsenal from scoring, but I do see signs of a bit of complacency from arsenal. Some of them do seem to have that look of "we're far superior to this lot" and the passing is a bit slower because of that.

Back