• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Yep they were but when Leicester beat City away in early January or iirc I was convinced they could keep going and win it or go very close.
Now, Arsenal are BETTER than 5hst Leicester team and have a much by bigger cushion so why not ? They must be favourites.
I'm not convinced with City this season.
One minute brilliant , the next conceding silly goals , especially on the counter.
This isn’t that match week
I’ve just checked and they were top though
Then arsenal went top next game by beating them

Yeah and we apparently bottled it in a two horse race but the goons were top and we were third at this point.

I thought at one stage I said I’d wear their jersey at our first home game next season if they won it I was so sure they’d fold by now.

Still don’t think they’ll win it but I’m far less confident. They’re better than I gave them credit for.

I thought at one stage I said I’d wear their jersey at our first home game next season if they won it I was so sure they’d fold by now.

Still don’t think they’ll win it but I’m far less confident. They’re better than I gave them credit for.
Ah , might have been you then.
For both of our sakes , please don't let this come true.
They've only lost one ,away to utd who they dominated and got caught on the counter a bit naively. They have the youngest team/ squad in the PL. Can only get better.
I know BedfordSpurs doesn't think they have the depth , we debated this and the reasons were because Elneny is "crap" and vieria is unknown and unproven but they aren't needed much and when they are , they do a job. It's good enough. They've come out of the world cup virtually unscathed.
They've had a few weeks playing the same team in friendlies and warm weather training in Dubai.
As I said , we might need Saudi Sportswashing Machine to chase them down. City have the odd stupid result , Saudi Sportswashing Machine seem more consistent atm.

Last edited:

They are a very well organised side that’s really well drilled after 3 years with the same coach
They haven’t had any key injuries until now and even then it’s still only one man.
We will see over the next 4 games when they play some better sides how Jesus missing affects them
First half he was clearly missing but as I said ti my nephew when will they get their fluky equaliser and then a screamer winner …
He went 57 and 61 so was close

I get sick just thinking about it, but arsenal are fudging winning them PL. They're not suddenly going to lose 1/3 of their games left.

As I said the big difference is they are up against City
Not us, not a misfiring Liverpool/Chelsea
Emirates Marketing Project and Haaland

The meltdown when they fudge this up will be tremendously satisfying
A city team that regularly lose to the most ridiculous teams.

I get sick just thinking about it, but arsenal are fudging winning them PL. They're not suddenly going to lose 1/3 of their games left.

They don't need to. City win their game in hand that puts them 5 points behind. Arsenal may well win the prem but 5 points for city is not insurmountable.

They’ll hit a wall at some point, they always do.

Personally, if we are not winning it, I don’t care who does as long as it’s not the dippers.

Would you take an FA cup win, finishing 5th and Arsenal winning the league or a 4th Placed finish and Arsenal not winning the league?

Fa cup win. We need to get this sexy tag off our back and get the fans behind the club. We need a trophy.

You think? If the Spurs terraces teach me anything its, the FA Cup win would be cherished more than most but equally come the first game of the next season the lack of CL football and therefore moaning about players and investment would drown that out.

Cynicism aside for me the gateway to longterm success is CL qualification. I wanna win things so prefer an FA Cup and 4th but if pressed then 4th....

Back