• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a premier league side as toothless as wolves. They’re a great watch up to 20 yards from goal.

I just looked at their fixtures when we come back and they look really tough. It's probably just wishful thinking but if they do finally get some injuries I could see a nice tough patch coming at some point in Jan Feb
They are supposed to be investing heavily again in January, they may well get enough in to get them over the line.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a premier league side as toothless as wolves. They’re a great watch up to 20 yards from goal.

They have some really decent technical players, two I mention earlier look handy, Neves is decent too. They really lack a proper striker, if for example they picked up a Toney, they would be a much different side.

They are supposed to be investing heavily again in January, they may well get enough in to get them over the line.

I thought they were a bit restricted now after spending heavily for the last few windows and having no one of any value left to sell now? You never know though, FFP is a bit of a myth hey

Podence and the Matheus have been dangerous and at least look like they know what they are going to do

Traore lack of end product makes all that comes before it absolutely redundant

Every pass is fudging terrible though. The one where he blasted across goal, even the one into Podence needed to be a bit more in front of him. He’s fudging useless for the talent he has.

He is definitely frustrating. His attitude, decision making and final pass aren't good. Strolls around, doesn't close down. But he can beat almost any defender. Haven't seen any defender 1-1 with him look comfortable. I would have liked to have seen Poch work with him when villa was relegated and Traore was around 20-21. He can shoot, pass etc. but often looks like a school kid who has a rush of blood and spoons the ball over when clear.

I think his attitude is the biggest issue. Not sure how true it is, but I think we spoke with him. Offered him RWB, and he didn't fancy knuckling down and playing from the back. I'd still like to see what Conte could make of him, but without spending much and all the hoopla around him. End of the day he has a unique skill set. Only a handful of players have been able to beat a man as easily. Under the right manager, he could have been a player. But he never will fully realise his potential now. Not because he couldn't, but simply because his attitude isn't 100% focused. Imagine what a person like Kane could do with his attributes. Traore's focus, determination, work ethic are lacking...that's what I mean by a missing attitude.

He is definitely frustrating. His attitude, decision making and final pass aren't good. Strolls around, doesn't close down. But he can beat almost any defender. Haven't seen any defender 1-1 with him look comfortable. I would have liked to have seen Poch work with him when villa was relegated and Traore was around 20-21. He can shoot, pass etc. but often looks like a school kid who has a rush of blood and spoons the ball over when clear.

I think his attitude is the biggest issue. Not sure how true it is, but I think we spoke with him. Offered him RWB, and he didn't fancy knuckling down and playing from the back. I'd still like to see what Conte could make of him, but without spending much and all the hoopla around him. End of the day he has a unique skill set. Only a handful of players have been able to beat a man as easily. Under the right manager, he could have been a player. But he never will fully realise his potential now. Not because he couldn't, but simply because his attitude isn't 100% focused. Imagine what a person like Kane could do with his attributes. Traore's focus, determination, work ethic are lacking...that's what I mean by a missing attitude.

That’s a good post and good analysis. The lad can do one of the hardest things in football in that he can make any defender brick themselves and look ordinary but he has Royal level end product. You have to imagine a good coach could get him to a decent level. Funnily enough, I can see why he might work in a Conte team.

That’s a good post and good analysis. The lad can do one of the hardest things in football in that he can make any defender brick themselves and look ordinary but he has Royal level end product. You have to imagine a good coach could get him to a decent level. Funnily enough, I can see why he might work in a Conte team.

I think Traore could have modeled himself on Eden Hazard, and played from the left. Hazard had electric pace, but he'd hold it back, controlling the ball first and foremost. If a defender got close he'd put on the afterburners and leave them. That way you have more control of the final ball/shot. Hazards go to move was to cut in from the left wing, use his pace and dribbling skill to open up space for a shot, and tuck the ball in the net. Then defenders don't know which way to show the player, and you have them in your pocket on edge.

The right manager might have got Traore to focus on such a move and position and perfect it (as well as getting to the line and cooly making a pass with his left). But without Kane-like focus and determination, Traore will remain an anomaly.

Last edited:
They won't want this WC break more than anyone - it kills their momentum. I wouldn’t bet against them but it's essentially like starting the season afresh come Boxing Day, anything can happen.

They may well invest in Jan. Would make sense. If they add a more clinical forward and keep Martinelle, Saliba, Saka, and Party fit (or out of jail), then they have a chance. So far they haven't had many injuries.

Personally, I think pool and city are better. Could see the arse finishing 3rd.

I thought they were a bit restricted now after spending heavily for the last few windows and having no one of any value left to sell now? You never know though, FFP is a bit of a myth hey
Well Arteta keeps talking about looking for more signings in January and strengthening the squad depth.

Brighton straight out of the traps v Villa.

This will not be an easy game on Boxing Day. Hopefully we catch them cold on the return

Back