• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

So Jenas and Danny Murphy said none of the penalty appeals that Nottingham Forest had were penalties, because PGMOL had stated that minimal contact should not lead to penalties. But De Breune, which was much less of a penalty than any of Forests', was "clever". It was less than minimal, barely a touch, which did not impede De Breune at all, but he went down like a sack of potatoes.
departs!
De Bruyne looked like a penalty won rather than conceded. Defenders leg was there before he moved to it

So Jenas and Danny Murphy said none of the penalty appeals that Nottingham Forest had were penalties, because PGMOL had stated that minimal contact should not lead to penalties. But De Breune, which was much less of a penalty than any of Forests', was "clever". It was less than minimal, barely a touch, which did not impede De Breune at all, but he went down like a sack of potatoes.
departs!

Inconsistency is worse than corruption.

Which is clever and still a pen IMO, same as the Saka one last week.
It's not a FK. To get a FK, you have to be impeded or hindered. You can be impeded without anyone touching you and it's still a FK. De Breune wasn't impeded. There was noting in that touch that hindered De Breune in continuing his movement, and it did not lead to him losing control of balance or control of the ball, so by definition it's not a FK. Touching someone isn't illegal in football.

It's not a FK. To get a FK, you have to be impeded or hindered. You can be impeded without anyone touching you and it's still a FK. De Breune wasn't impeded. There was noting in that touch that hindered De Breune in continuing his movement, and it did not lead to him losing control of balance or control of the ball, so by definition it's not a FK. Touching someone isn't illegal in football.

if you are laying down asleep in the middle of the pitch and I run towards you with the ball, dink it over you then run straight into you, you’ve fouled me

It has to work that way else just standing like a statue makes it easy to block someone and claim innocence

if you are laying down asleep in the middle of the pitch and I run towards you with the ball, dink it over you then run straight into you, you’ve fouled me

It has to work that way else just standing like a statue makes it easy to block someone and claim innocence
I’d argue you have fouled me
I’m not attempting to tackle you… you have lost the ball and ran into me
Pretty much the Hugo Saudi Sportswashing Machine moment

Actually you are wrong. You have to actively try to stop an opponent for it to be a foul. If you just run into someone who is standing still, it's not a foul, but if he moves to block your path, it is a FK.

Actually you are wrong. You have to actively try to stop an opponent for it to be a foul. If you just run into someone who is standing still, it's not a foul, but if he moves to block your path, it is a FK.
Has to be that
Otherwise you can kick a ball pass the keeper, run into him and it’s a penalty

Defenders can’t be not active.

They are always interfering with play. If they put themselves between the attacker and the goal they have to win the ball cleanly else it’s a foul.

Defenders can’t be not active.

They are always interfering with play. If they put themselves between the attacker and the goal they have to win the ball cleanly else it’s a foul.
Not if they have no intent
Again we saw that vs Frankfurt
Sorry but the rules do mention intent

Auba what's his name isolated and unable to hold the ball up. Passenger at the moment.
Hardly seen Mount.
Right now this doesn't look a great Chelsea team.
They are really missing James and Chilwell.

Chelsea trying to play a Conte-like game. Keeping their powder dry, looking to defend and break. Hopefully second half they have more.

Two unfortunate things about the arse - they use the ball better than us, better passing and movement. That is their most impressive thing. How they make runs, and how crisp and accurate their passing is at the moment. The other unfortunate thing is they look strong in defense at the moment. Take Saliba and Party out the equation and I'm sure they'd fall apart. The 'positive' is they are not as clinical as us upfront. Their midfield play is highly impressive, but their forwards are not as clinical as ours. You also get the feeling that once rattled, they could go into a tailspin. Here's hoping!

Back