• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2020/21 Premier League Thread

Before long the selected for broadcast games will be the dross majority won’t want to watch. BT/Sky will make money of the PPV advertising no doubt.

Looking on Twitter. The real issue seems to be clubs like Brighton having taken the full amount for ST as well.

maybe that’s why I’m laid back about it.

Before long the selected for broadcast games will be the dross majority won’t want to watch. BT/Sky will make money of the PPV advertising no doubt.

That's a good point.
I guess for now they have to keep subscribers happy, but going forward it would make sense.

The advertising won't be worth much if the audience is small

I would pay if it was say £7.99 for 4k / HDR and some interactive stats, audio options etc.

But for £15 it's just too expensive when it's so easy to watch in HD online.

I would pay if it was say £7.99 for 4k / HDR and some interactive stats, audio options etc.

But for £15 it's just too expensive when it's so easy to watch in HD online.

EFL games are £10 but the platform is meant to stink and I think that they're even charging for highlights

I disagree. We are still at the Napster stage with football in the UK. If fans can access good quality content at reasonable prices, most fans will choose that over steams.

I agree.

I think £15 for 90mins of entertainment, more often than not for multiple people, is a reasonable price.

EFL games are £10 but the platform is meant to stink and I think that they're even charging for highlights

How many viewers are they realistically going to get for say Barnsley vs Luton Town? Not many neutrals I would bet :)

I would like to see all the English leagues come to some arrangement, whereby on purchasing a Tottenham Season Pass (even split home & away) you can also add-on EPL and lower league football for a cheaper price. In reverse, getting an EPL team Season Pass you could also add PL highlights or X games per season.

As you were saying, it's still early days. PPV is probably just the easiest to setup at short notice, and without risk of upsetting any of the existing revenue streams (probably their biggest consideration)

So will it be all televised games will now be PPV?

I only stream anyway unless it is on BT sport and looks like i will be streaming them aswell now then.

So will it be all televised games will now be PPV?

I only stream anyway unless it is on BT sport and looks like i will be streaming them aswell now then.

No. Just games that aren't scheduled for broadcast. Basically, the ones that wouldn't be broadcast during a normal season will cost you £15

So you still get you sky broadcast games just pay extra for those you wish to watch that are not on their schedule?

So you still get you sky broadcast games just pay extra for those you wish to watch that are not on their schedule?

Yes. Sky and BT scheduled games will go ahead as planned, games not scheduled for broadcast will be PPV.

Small teams are picked for broadcast less than bigger teams, so it will disproportionately affect their fans. It could end up costing you £60 on top of £50 a month for Sky and BT Sports.
But that’s still significantly cheaper than whatbthe6 would have paid for their match ticket for that game isn’t it?
A lot of the composing I’ve seen is from armchair supporters who were getting double bubble with all the games being on TV
I look at it as it cost me £55 a game for my seat.£10 in fuel and probably another £10 on food and drink... so at £15 I’m £60 better off and I can see more of my kids that day... great to me

But that’s still significantly cheaper than whatbthe6 would have paid for their match ticket for that game isn’t it?
A lot of the composing I’ve seen is from armchair supporters who were getting double bubble with all the games being on TV
I look at it as it cost me £55 a game for my seat.£10 in fuel and probably another £10 on food and drink... so at £15 I’m £60 better off and I can see more of my kids that day... great to me

I get that it is cheaper than going to games. The flip side is that the economy is on its arse, loads of people are having to make do on less money and we've got the prospect of six months with not many entertainment options.

The other impact of pricing it too high is that people will go around to their mates' houses to watch it, often in groups larger than 6.

If they get the price point wrong, more people will stream games. I think that there should be the option of buying a monthly 'season ticket' for PPV games for your club at a discounted rate.

I get that it is cheaper than going to games. The flip side is that the economy is on its arse, loads of people are having to make do on less money and we've got the prospect of six months with not many entertainment options.

The other impact of pricing it too high is that people will go around to their mates' houses to watch it, often in groups larger than 6.

If they get the price point wrong, more people will stream games. I think that there should be the option of buying a monthly 'season ticket' for PPV games for your club at a discounted rate.
Maybe. Bulk buying a good idea but they giant knowing how long this will be needed
But I think the bulk of the complaints I’ve read are from people who didn’t go
And if people wanna break the law that’s their call
The government can offer to help but won’t as we know so clubs will need to do what they can to help keep afloat at the top. And more so if it’s part of their feel good plan. It’s not like there not throwing Money at their mates new start up businesses to get them going

Back