• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2016/17 Premier League Thread

Hardly much of an advert for the "best league in the world™"; precious little quality on show. Maybe Wenger has got something (apart from an irritating, nasal whine, I mean).

Also, Chelsea must be one of the most average sides ever to compile such a winning run. When Arsenal did it, they were a really good side, much as it pains me to say it. I watch Chelsea and aside from Hazard and Costa, it's just all a bit so-so. Unbelievable really. I'll be glad when we torpedo their season.

Also, Chelsea must be one of the most average sides ever to compile such a winning run. When Arsenal did it, they were a really good side, much as it pains me to say it. I watch Chelsea and aside from Hazard and Costa, it's just all a bit so-so. Unbelievable really. I'll be glad when we torpedo their season.

I agree

Chelsea have a couple of borderline top drawer players and pool have none that I can see (plenty of very good ones)

Both have set club records for the premier league yet to me neither is as good as their previous sides that won the league or came second in pools case

A

As they usually do against the top sides. Have they won any against the top teams in recent years? Iirc they haven't won in years against the other top 5 teams.

Well they have beaten us a few times and we nearly always finish top 5

The years they won the league they beat teams in the top 4... it's what makes the difference and why Arsenal never win it now.

Well they have beaten us a few times and we nearly always finish top 5

The years they won the league they beat teams in the top 4... it's what makes the difference and why Arsenal never win it now.
Last year they didn't win any against the top 5, and I think was similar the year before. We beat them comfortably twice last season, and we totally outplayed them again this season. They have a very poor record against the top sides.

It was a bloody disappointment as a game!
The result was fair as City were abject in attack.
Both defences where poor?
Pep has much work and buying to do!

Huh? They had one shot on target. A header. City were woeful all game and managed 2 pea rollers at Mignolet. Both central defences are poor but we're not troubled

City never looked like scoring and pool were comfortable

That to me is a team playing their game well

Here's the funny thing - we seem to be happy and proud to be building a good solid "team".
Yet I see comments above bemoaning Cheatski for not being exceptional and Liverpool for only having alot of "good' players but no outstanding ones.

And last year people moaning about Leicester for being boring.

We can't have our cake and eat it.
Personally I like that the PL is no longer dictated by superstars and you now have to be a team.
Yes it's horrible it's Liverpool and Cheatski - but credit where it is due, they have both turned around tricky times to be where they are now.

Does anyone else get irritated by Tyler....'And its live'

If you want to be pedantic....actually its not. Sky/BT Sport are actually a few seconds behind Live play. I watch games on William Hill website and know goals are scored before I see them on the TV

Back