• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2016/17 Premier League Thread

Another thing about this weekend's PL games and the media coverage of it. I accept that the media asked questions about the Alli incident, but why did no one bring up Neil Taylor planting his studs in Kyle Walker's head. That was reckless and dangerous (although not deliberate, in my view) and a definite red card, but I haven't seen or heard a single word about it in the media. I thought that journalists were supposed to cover games in a balanced way. In this case they have only focused on one side of the story, ignoring the other big incident in the game. It's very one-sided.

Another thing about this weekend's PL games and the media coverage of it. I accept that the media asked questions about the Alli incident, but why did no one bring up Neil Taylor planting his studs in Kyle Walker's head. That was reckless and dangerous (although not deliberate, in my view) and a definite red card, but I haven't seen or heard a single word about it in the media. I thought that journalists were supposed to cover games in a balanced way. In this case they have only focused on one side of the story, ignoring the other big incident in the game. It's very one-sided.

If we are talking about MOTD I would say think this is due to time and it had no bearing on the outcome of the game. Otherwise It was 100% redcard and was reckless but I don't think it was malicious, no need to bring it up because it has no impact on the outcome of the game and nothing to add to the "narrative". And on a pretty heavy crazy tackle weekend.

We are a "big" team and ali is a "England superstar" hence what he does is going to be magnified. Perhaps if it was 4th goal out of 5 rather than the first it may have been less reported.

If we are talking about MOTD I would say think this is due to time and it had no bearing on the outcome of the game. Otherwise It was 100% redcard and was reckless but I don't think it was malicious, no need to bring it up because it has no impact on the outcome of the game and nothing to add to the "narrative". And on a pretty heavy crazy tackle weekend.

We are a "big" team and ali is a "England superstar" hence what he does is going to be magnified. Perhaps if it was 4th goal out of 5 rather than the first it may have been less reported.
I disagree with you. It was necessary to bring it up to give a balanced view of events. When you don't bring it up, everybody who didn't watch the game will think that Tottenham won the game because of a mistake by the referee. Those useless out-of-form Londoners were unable to break a resolute Swansea team down until they were gifted a penalty. That's the story they are telling the world. But we also should have played 85 minutes of the game eleven against ten. I think it's important that journalists look at things from both sides. I even think it's their job to do so. In this case they didn't tell the full story of the game.

That fact that Alli is a bigger name than Neil Taylor shouldn't matter. Surely being a journalist should about more than just creating click-bait. They should show some pride in the profession and some professional integrity.

Maybe if they'd spent less time digging out Ali for doing what loads of other players do on a regular basis without the same spotlight, they would have had the time to show taylor taking walkers head off in a straight red card incident in the first 10 minutes of a game that was 0-0, pretty pivotal moment in my opinion.

Did MOTD bring up the double straight legged, studs up, flying tackle/attack from Rojo during the Manure-Everton game, from which he miraculously escaped with only a yellow?

Guessing it wasn't highlighted on MOTD then... Shocking tackle, ref was well placed, and should've sent him straight off. But he bottled it.

Guessing it wasn't highlighted on MOTD then... Shocking tackle, ref was well placed, and should've sent him straight off. But he bottled it.
Horrible tackle, should get retrospective for that, no way ref can say he saw that and only give a yellow. For me ibra did a nasty sly kick on Coleman too

Not sure if it's a red or not, as you say it wasn't deliberate. To not even give a yellow though is pretty fudging shocking. I genuinely cannot for a second think what rational thought goes through a refs mind that doesn't end up with that being a yellow card.

Did MOTD bring up the double straight legged, studs up, flying tackle/attack from Rojo during the Manure-Everton game, from which he miraculously escaped with only a yellow?

That's one of the clearest red cards I've seen in a while actually.

Charlie Nicholas absolutely slating Dele on Soccer Saturday today, the usual anti-Spurs drivel from a bunch of helmets

woah woah woah

Why is Xhaka not sent off for Arsenal? elbow in the face
It was a strange one. Not intentional, quite harsh, yet he did draw blood by elbowing a dwarf in the face, so it has to be a pen. If the Stokie wasn't 5'2'' he wouldn't have got elbowed in the cheek.

I'm really hating the fact that I have nothing better to do than watch this game, though watching might be somewhat of an exaggeration.

Watch Charlie Adam there... Sanchez fell over in front of him so Adam took a short step to stand on Sanchez's leg while he was down, allowing Iwobi to nip in and score. Twunt.

Back