• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2015/16 Premier League Thread

If we hadn't contrived to lose at home to both these showers of ѕhіte, I'd still believe we could do it, but we've only ourselves to reproach.

We just have to keep winning games, because one slip can turn in to 2 slips and then we're top. They could easily drop points v Palace, hopefully all 3.

We just have to keep winning games, because one slip can turn in to 2 slips and then we're top. They could easily drop points v Palace, hopefully all 3.

so we have just have to keep winning!!! who woulda thunked it...:)

Hope Palace can do something also, and we need to do our job...keeping up the pressure on them when we have trips to Anfield and Utd at home....its looking very tough.

We'll need at least 77 points to win it now. That means 6 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss. Leicester "only" need 14 points in the last 8 the get 77. Can't really see them lose 3 games with the amount of fudging luck they've piled up.

Last edited:
They will drop points. Unfortunately, I can only see us dropping more. I think we've already come as close to overhauling them as we're going to get.

You never know, though.

All Leicester have to do is probably win 5 more games playing really ugly football and they'll be champions regardless of anything we do and there's no way we'll get max points from Liverpool, Man U, Stoke and Chelsea away.

Apart from the great Man U team of the 90s nearly every champion has won the title pragmatically in the final run-in. Do you remember how many games the 'free flowing Arsenal' won by the odd scrappy goal in '98, '02 and even in the invincible season. Chelsea have created an identity around doing just enough.

In the last few weeks what has impressed me most about Leicester is their ability to see out narrow victories and fair play to them; they did all the swashbuckling stuff earlier in the season.

Agree with GPRD81. As ugly as it is, Leicester's game management when holding on to leads is what's keeping them ahead of our boys. It's impressive how they kill the game against mediocre opponents. It's something I'd like to see us improve on.

If we hadn't contrived to lose at home to both these showers of ѕhіte, I'd still believe we could do it, but we've only ourselves to reproach.

Oddly enough, almost every title winning side over the past dozen seasons has finished with a record of 9 wins and 1 draw at home to lower half sides.

ManU in 06/07 were the last PL champions to lose a home game against a bottom half side and that was only on the last day of the season when they'd already secured the title.

The last time the Champions of England lost at home to a team which got relegated was way back in 1984. That was also the last time Spurs won a European trophy, so maybe it's a good omen!

All Leicester have to do is probably win 5 more games playing really ugly football and they'll be champions regardless of anything we do and there's no way we'll get max points from Liverpool, Man U, Stoke and Chelsea away.

Apart from the great Man U team of the 90s nearly every champion has won the title pragmatically in the final run-in. Do you remember how many games the 'free flowing Arsenal' won by the odd scrappy goal in '98, '02 and even in the invincible season. Chelsea have created an identity around doing just enough.

In the last few weeks what has impressed me most about Leicester is their ability to see out narrow victories and fair play to them; they did all the swashbuckling stuff earlier in the season.

I have no issue with any of that.

The only thing that bothers me is how often they have had fairly few chances or even shots on goal and somehow still won. Last night, 1 shot on target, outplayed by a tinkle poor Saudi Sportswashing Machine side. WBA is the only game I remember when they battered a team and didn't win.

It's the luck at both ends though. Against Watford, deeney I think it was had a shot that left kasper rooted to spot, Huth throws himself in front of it, canons off him and is heading for the opposite corner with kasper still rooted, pings off another defender right into kaspers hands, he didn't move. He makes a move for any of those deflections and it's a goal, goes for the first one it's a goal as well because he wasn't getting it.

Oddly enough, almost every title winning side over the past dozen seasons has finished with a record of 9 wins and 1 draw at home to lower half sides.

ManU in 06/07 were the last PL champions to lose a home game against a bottom half side and that was only on the last day of the season when they'd already secured the title.

The last time the Champions of England lost at home to a team which got relegated was way back in 1984. That was also the last time Spurs won a European trophy, so maybe it's a good omen!

Those are some fantastic stats. We obviously don't know who the bottom half will be yet but based on current standings are record this season is (Leicester in FIRST brackets and Woolwich in second brackets):

A Villa WON (WON) (STILL TO PLAY)
Norwich WON (WON) (STILL TO PLAY)
Saudi Sportswashing Machine LOST (WON) (WON)
Sunderland WON (WON) (WON)
Swansea WON (STILL TO PLAY) (LOST)
Crystal Palace WON (WON) (STILL TO PLAY)
Watford WON (WON) (STILL TO PLAY)
Bournemouth STILL TO PLAY (DREW) (WON)
Everton DREW (STILL TO PLAY) (WON)
WBA STILL TO PLAY (DREW) (STILL TO PLAY)

So that;s 6 wins, 1 draw and a 1 defeat (with two teams to play) giving us 19/24; Leicester have 6 wins and 2 draws and 0 losses (also with 2 to play) giving them 20 points against lower half teams. Woolwich still have 5 home games to play against these teams but have won 4 and lost 1.

I see a side slowly running into a wall. Whether they hit that wall in time becomes a matter of opinion. I feel they will. Fine margins. We have the best defensive record and the best attacking. We are slightly fitter than anyone else. I believe that if we keep pace, those factors will count. I still think GD will be a massive massive factor, and that we will benefit.

Some rearranged matches now announced

Tues 19th April Saudi Sportswashing Machine v City
Weds 20th April Liverpool v Everton
Man United v Crystal Palace
Thurs 21st April Arsenal v WBA ( good for us)

Tues 10th May West Ham v Man United
Weds 11th May Liverpool v Chelsea

A busy final week for our Top 4 rivals..if it is relevant come the time

West Ham v Man United replay provisionally pencilled in for April 6th, to be confirmed no doubt after tomorrow night.
So no matter what, United will have a midweek match before we play them on 8th April. More good news

Last edited:
Sky talking about the gap to Arse & Emirates Marketing Project. Are we still 2nd? At least Koeman mentioned us.
We are always best BELOW the radar. We'll most probably go out of the EL tonight, and then we can just focus on the league and get lotsa rest between games. Full pelt for each and every cup final now till season's end.

What if the unthinkable happens ? We win tonight and go thru in the EL ???

Cd6KC1OWoAAdPm-.jpg

No Stones or Barry means there's a tiny chance for Everton to do something.

Back