• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The NFL Thread

To be fair, a great game but always felt the Niners would come back. Their spirit is great, their QB versatile. D stepped up when they had to. GREAT game, SUPER exciting...I think the hit Ryan took in the last 5 mins really impacted him too...most relieved man? David Ackers!

To be fair, a great game but always felt the Niners would come back. Their spirit is great, their QB versatile. D stepped up when they had to. GREAT game, SUPER exciting...I think the hit Ryan took in the last 5 mins really impacted him too...most relieved man? David Ackers!

A game of missed opportunities. The blame lies with the Defence for not being able to get any stops and Matt Ryan for his second half slump.

A game of missed opportunities. The blame lies with the Defence for not being able to get any stops and Matt Ryan for his second half slump.

The Niners were blitzed early on, defence was awful and Ryan was on top of his game. I think once the Niners realized they needed to pound the ground and run the ball, they took charge. To be fair, there were errors. Ackers and the one yard fumble...still, what a cracking game!

The Niners were blitzed early on, defence was awful and Ryan was on top of his game. I think once the Niners realized they needed to pound the ground and run the ball, they took charge. To be fair, there were errors. Ackers and the one yard fumble...still, what a cracking game!

How exactly can a defence give up 3 TD drives IN A ROW.

Meh need to draft/trade in some Defensive reinforcements and convince Gonzalez to stay on as he's clearly still got it and we should be good to go next season. So fudging close though.

How exactly can a defence give up 3 TD drives IN A ROW.

Meh need to draft/trade in some Defensive reinforcements and convince Gonzalez to stay on as he's clearly still got it and we should be good to go next season. So fudging close though.

Yeah, each D was soft in certain areas, and the Falcons just could not handle the run. Gonzales is incredible, cannot believe he has not won a Superbowl, what an athlete!

I think Kapernick (or Capernick as I have nicknamed him) is a rare QB, got shades of Warren Moon and Steve Young about him as well as the arm of Montana. He will be a nightmare for the opposition for years. Nice to see Gore back in the fore!

EDIT: would love to see the Raiders trade for Smith...won't happen though.

I dont even like Ray Lewis but would be a great end for an all-time great to go out with a ring.

Harbaugh vs Harbaugh Superbowl. Some great storylines.

Totally forgot I put a drunken £5 bet on the Ravens to win last night, £20 better off this morning

I think Kapernick (or Capernick as I have nicknamed him) is a rare QB, got shades of Warren Moon and Steve Young about him as well as the arm of Montana. He will be a nightmare for the opposition for years. Nice to see Gore back in the fore!

Montana would have loved to be able to throw that hard! A lot of Kaep's throws are absolute bullets thrown with incredible accuracy. I remember the first one Randy Moss caught a few weeks back, when he had to leave the field after looking as though he'd broken both hands. Kaepernick really is something special, and he hasn't been around long enough for teams to have figured him out yet.

It's going to be a fantastic Superbowl. Both teams can run and throw well. Both have excellent, aggressive defenses and of course the coaches know each other as well as they know themselves so I expect it to be a very tight game. It's going to come down to one or two plays, whether it's an interception, fumble or kick return. Right now I think the Ravens might be slight favorites because they have a kicker who doesn't suck, but that's about all separating the teams. Really looking forward to this one!

Montana would have loved to be able to throw that hard! A lot of Kaep's throws are absolute bullets thrown with incredible accuracy. I remember the first one Randy Moss caught a few weeks back, when he had to leave the field after looking as though he'd broken both hands. Kaepernick really is something special, and he hasn't been around long enough for teams to have figured him out yet.

It's going to be a fantastic Superbowl. Both teams can run and throw well. Both have excellent, aggressive defenses and of course the coaches know each other as well as they know themselves so I expect it to be a very tight game. It's going to come down to one or two plays, whether it's an interception, fumble or kick return. Right now I think the Ravens might be slight favorites because they have a kicker who doesn't suck, but that's about all separating the teams. Really looking forward to this one!

Agree that JM would've enjoyed the velocity, but in terms of accuracy and calm when both in the pocket and when it collapses, I see a sense of calm and no-panic in the boy that JM also had.

The great irony of Kaepernick is that had he been around when Gruden was at the Raiders, he would've been an incredible fit for that early 2000 side...I think (and I am certainly not claiming 'sage' status here LOL) that the boy will be very very special for years to come, and the Niners have youth and strength in all the key positions. BTW, I think Ackers will deliver in the superbowl (if he is given the chance) and I have to say, his kick yesterday was about as unlucky as it gets...but yes, he has shown bad form (heard he had hernia surgery a year ago and tweaked it this winter?)...should be the best superbowl in many many years.

Agree that JM would've enjoyed the velocity, but in terms of accuracy and calm when both in the pocket and when it collapses, I see a sense of calm and no-panic in the boy that JM also had.

Yep, the one thing that really stood out for me about Kaepernick was the way he didn't try to force the game when we were down 17-0. He handed the ball off on all of the read-option plays rather than trying to be the hero as he was the week before against GB. He didn't try to force any passes into tight coverage but stayed amazingly calm and collected in the pocket, going through his reads and then finding the right lane to pass into. The one time he did run was a scramble, and even then he was smart enough to know when to go to ground. The guy has been nothing short of amazing since he has taken over from Smith. It'll be interesting to see how he handles all the media scrutiny with two weeks building up to the SB but there are enough veterans on the team to help him handle the pressure. He kinda reminds me of Buster Posey in the way he has burst onto the scene with instant success which doesn't seem to faze him at all. He's an absolute gem and there are a lot of GMs who are going to regret for a long time passing on him on the draft.

Good start for the Ravens, too easy from a 49ers pov though, looks like they are still in the dressing room

Back