• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
Rooney is some form at the moment. If he was playing for Bilbao instead in the second half the scoreline would be ridiculous.

If Biesla takes over (after this i think him and rodgers will be the frontrunners even though i have reservations about Biesla) then Eden hazard is the perfect signing for biesla's 3-3-1-3 formation. If you remember Chile they played Suazo up top with a natural left winger (Gonzalez) and an attacking right sided player that can support the striker (Sanchez). Well actually it would work with lennon being the natural winger and bale being the attacking left sided mid if we swapped it around but hazard would really suit what biesla is about.

If we set up in Biesla's prefered 3-3-1-3 it would be-

-------------------------------Friedel---------------------------

--------Kaboul----------------King-------------Gallas----------

Walker---------------------Parker----------------------Ekotto-

--------------------------------VDV-----------------------------

---Hazard----------------------------------------------Bale----

-----------------------------Adebayor--------------------------

English clubs going down the fudging bog. Shows how much Europe misses us.;)

Or it would if we hadn't finished third in our EL group. :(

If Biesla takes over (after this i think him and rodgers will be the frontrunners even though i have reservations about Biesla) then Eden hazard is the perfect signing for biesla's 3-3-1-3 formation. If you remember Chile they played Suazo up top with a natural left winger (Gonzalez) and an attacking right sided player that can support the striker (Sanchez). Well actually it would work with lennon being the natural winger and bale being the attacking left sided mid if we swapped it around but hazard would really suit what biesla is about.

Where's Modric?

They didn't really have a modric type player. it was an all out attacking midfielder (VDV) defensive midfielder that gets forward (Parker). I'm assuming we sign Hazard to btw.

Love the guy but if Bielsa takes over it will be a disaster.
Imagine him trying to convince our players to close down the opposition for the entire game.
Imagine their response to 5 hour video sessions.
You can't go from a manager like Redknapp right to the other extreme end of the scale in Bielsa, the transition period where the players get used to Bielsa (if they ever do) would be a mess. By that stage the press will be on our back and disgruntled player will be waiting for him to go.

They didn't really have a modric type player. it was an all out attacking midfielder (VDV) defensive midfielder that gets forward (Parker). I'm assuming we sign Hazard to btw.

Thanks for clearing that up. So, we wouldn't play Modric under Bielsa? If so, we'd have to sell him, and there would be no shortage of takers. So we basically have to sell our best CM because a manager who may or may not be a success can't play him in his preferred formation. Bit too much of a risk, do you think? Unless Bielsa's willing to adapt, of course.

He's never play Gallas or King neither. He perfers quick centre defenders who can pass the ball.
He usually converts a midfielder to play at the back.
He'd have Sandro back there no doubt.

He's never play Gallas or King neither. He perfers quick centre defenders who can pass the ball.
He usually converts a midfielder to play at the back.
He'd have Sandro back there no doubt.

:?:

Sandro, for all his magnificent defensive qualities, isn't really the Brazilian Xavi when it comes to ball retention.

Bielsa is in almost exactly the same position now as Ramos was before he joined us - namely, journeyman manager with a decent but unspectacular CV suddenly having a wonder season.

There is no way Levy is going to make that mistake again, nor should be.

Thanks for clearing that up. So, we wouldn't play Modric under Bielsa? If so, we'd have to sell him, and there would be no shortage of takers. So we basically have to sell our best CM because a manager who may or may not be a success can't play him in his preferred formation. Bit too much of a risk, do you think? Unless Bielsa's willing to adapt, of course.

He's adapted at bilbao and changed it up so i'm sure he'd be willing to do the same here. He likes hard workers (as you saw today) so wouldn't be at all surprised if he played luka in that vdv role and dropped Rafa instead.

Modric THFC he did that at chile because he had no choice. You're right about quick defenders but ball playing cb's are more important to him (i remember when ballague interviewed him on Revista he said he wanted 11 players that are capable of passing a ball...even GK). at chile he converted a few players to cb because they didn't have many good cb's (much less ball playing cb's). That's not something he'd need to do here.

He forgot to wear them in the CL final and as a result missed the peno.

9) John Terry
The Chelsea captain has revealed that he has ÔÇ£about 50ÔÇØ superstitions, which include listening to the same Usher CD, using the same urinal at Stamford Bridge and taking the same seat on the Chelsea team bus. He also claims to have used the same shinpads throughout his career before he misplaced them after a Champions League tie with Barcelona in 2005. "Those shin-pads had got me to where I was in the game,ÔÇØ Terry revealed.

Back