• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Match of the Day Thread

They could have spent a little time analysing Siggy - he was marshalling from midfield, letting pacier players overlap but looking round to be aware where everyone was.

And his passes were a delight.

Glad he's landed on his feet.

Most popular clubs on Match of the Day (Aug 2013-)

Popular-clubs3.jpg

Unpopular-clubs3.jpg

Re: The Official 2014/15 Premier League Thread

I know he gets a lot of deflections, but you cannot fault the way Lampard gets into such great positions on the box on so many occasions.

United v West ****ing Ham on 2nd on MOTD! Reallly? Ahead of a NLD and a Merseyside derby with an absolute screamer of a goal?

United fans don't like it they cos they don't get all of the decisions anymore now that they are no longer a top side.

Early days, but hard to see anything topping Jagielka's strike today for goal of the season. But I suppose Wheelchair's next 2 yard tap in will get more votes.

I know he gets a lot of deflections, but you cannot fault the way Lampard gets into such great positions on the box on so many occasions.

173 Premier League goals now, probably will overtake Henry soon...

United fans don't like it they cos they don't get all of the decisions anymore now that they are no longer a top side.

It's like the 1980s \o/ just need Tottenham to start winning FA cups again [-o<

Guillit praising Balotelli yesterday, obviously all the cheating, trying to get players sent off was glossed over, twunts

Teachers must despair when their attempts to engender proper use of language are scuppered by Neville in a few short sentences on a Saturday night.

No, I'm not a grammar nazi, but he makes my ears bleed.

Teachers must despair when their attempts to engender proper use of language are scuppered by Neville in a few short sentences on a Saturday night.

No, I'm not a grammar nazi, but he makes my ears bleed.

Mate…this can be applied to virtually every Mancunian on the planet, so in fairness, Neville is not alone.

Phil Neville did what he does best tonight and copied his brother, describing Spurs as "spineless". Whilst Gary Neville's timing was unfortunately about right, this one is anything but. We've had more battle and bite in our last couple of matches and gave Chelsea more of a match than most others this season. 61% possession? That's hardly shirking away from the game.

61% possession doesn't mean anything if the other team have the game sewn up by then and realise there isn't any threat so don't see the need in chasing it. That's what happened tonight unfortunately buddy

At this level teams are ruthless. They always look to score. If that stat was more in Chelsea's favour, they would have had more goals.

We were unlucky not to score tonight. So I think the crap Neville's comments are unfair

"Spineless" to me is when you give up fighting your brother for a place in a title winning team and instead transfer to a safe little scouse outfit with no hope of winning anything ever

At this level teams are ruthless. They always look to score. If that stat was more in Chelsea's favour, they would have had more goals.

We were unlucky not to score tonight. So I think the crap Neville's comments are unfair
I don't think that you are right about possession. Mourinho has repeatedly chosen to concede possession and let teams run themselves out over the years.

I think that you are right. I don't think that Neville had seen more than the highlights and just rolled out the Spurs clichés.

didn't they have even less possession when they beat city?

it's the way Chelsea play against some teams, they are experts at it

Look I know you should be wary of single stats in football. But the rest of it, corner kicks, shots on goal, suggest that we turned up for the game and had a go. Not spineless.

Seriously I am pi$$ed that that talentless gimp gets some on my licence money. To$$pot

didn't they have even less possession when they beat city?

it's the way Chelsea play against some teams, they are experts at it

Just 35% possession when Chavski won 1-0 at the Etihad and they probably should've scored more, Mourinho is the master when it comes to rope-a-dope football.

To me Chelsea seem to have a first half tactic and a completely different 2nd half tactic (assuming the 1st half goes to plan). For the 1st half against us they gave us the full court press and subsequently scored twice (boo). In the 2nd half this pressure was totally absent. I'd like to think this was down to us being more dominant and bossing the possession, but it wasn't really. They were happy for us to have it and eventually caught us with a sucker punch. Much as it pains me to say I think Mourinho had our number from about 15mins on.

Back on topic. The standard of punditry on MOTD is ****ing dreadful.

To me Chelsea seem to have a first half tactic and a completely different 2nd half tactic (assuming the 1st half goes to plan). For the 1st half against us they gave us the full court press and subsequently scored twice (boo). In the 2nd half this pressure was totally absent. I'd like to think this was down to us being more dominant and bossing the possession, but it wasn't really. They were happy for us to have it and eventually caught us with a sucker punch. Much as it pains me to say I think Mourinho had our number from about 15mins on.

Back on topic. The standard of punditry on MOTD is ****ing dreadful.

I agree with all of this

Back