• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Longest Thread Of Football (The Other Teams)

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

[video=youtube;yUhcgV3wNRM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUhcgV3wNRM[/video]

Antonio Conte said:
The referee should take some responsibility. Even a blind man would have seen that [handball by Andreas Granqvist in the box].

In these cases, you've got to hand back your refereeing licence. I cannot tolerate what happened. Even the goal-line referee said it was a penalty. I think in these cases, saying ‘shame on you’ is the very least one can do.

I can accept it if they claim not to have seen the incident, but hearing a referee say they didn't feel like giving the penalty is not normal.

For a long time, we've been well-mannered and valued fair play, but now I have seen too many incidents go against us. Parma once said that everyone was entitled to complain except Juventus. Now the incidents are there for all to see.

Now I'd rather not hear the media breaking our balls over pro-Juve and anti-Juve errors, because errors are everywhere for and against everyone.

Whelan’s ugly challenge on García during Emirates Marketing Project's 1-0 victory at the Britannia Stadium does not come under the FA’s remit for a retrospective charge.

The Stoke City midfielder will not face an investigation, even though the Emirates Marketing Project midfielder Gareth Barry and Clarke Carlisle, the Professional Footballers’ Association chairman, suggested that action would be taken.

Webb and his officials were criticised for not having a clear view of the tackle, which happened early in the second half, and did not even caution the Republic of Ireland international or award a free-kick.

The FA can only take action after games for “off the ball” incidents and Webb, who was only yards away from the incident, is alleged to have told players that he did not have “the right angle” to make a judgment.

Carlisle, speaking on ITV’s FA Cup highlights programme, said Whelan can expect action but there will be no sanctions.

Whelan fears the FA’s new hard-line stance on tackling is in danger of damaging the competitive nature of the game in this country.

He said: “I’ve gone in for the challenge and I don’t think I tried to be dirty but if it looks that way on TV then I’ll have to hold my hands up. I don’t think I caught him as much as he was rolling about.

"Obviously he’s felt it so you have to take that. I’ve caught him harder than I thought. Hopefully nothing will happen with it.

"People have talked about tackling going out of the game but it’s only going out of the game because we’re not allowing it. If you’re getting pulled up on little things every week then people will stop.

“It’s the English game, the old-fashioned game, and that’s what the Premier League is so good for. There is massive pressure on the referees from the media and the people they’re accountable to. Hopefully it [tackling] can stay in the game and people just get on with it.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/fa-cup/9830413/Stokes-Glenn-Whelan-in-the-clear-over-stamp-on-Manchester-City-rival-Javi-Garcia.html

Ridiculousness all around.

First the FA for having their idiotic rules that won't allow them to take action when anyone bar Whelan and Pulis can see that action should be taken.

Second Whelan saying that tackling is going out of the game after getting away with that.

Thirdly Whelan saying that the tackle wasn't dirty. "I don't think I tried to be dirty", that sentence is a bit too long.

Fourthly Whelan for fake apologizing with his silly little "if it looks that way on TV then I'll have to hold my hands up". Then complaining about Garcia rolling about.

A tacoish comment from a tacoish player who plays for a tacoish team.

I just saw a TV advert where Joe Hart goes down injured during a game, holding his head... the physio comes on and gives him a shampoo using Head And Shoulders... and he is revitalised and happy to carry on.

For FOX sake. tossaz tossaz tossaz.

I just saw a TV advert where Joe Hart goes down injured during a game, holding his head... the physio comes on and gives him a shampoo using Head And Shoulders... and he is revitalised and happy to carry on.

For FOX sake. tossaz tossaz tossaz.

Maybe we could try it on Defoes injury?

BTW, QPR is fast-becoming the most bizarre shambles of a club in the Prem's recent history! Unbelievable! It is totally bonkers there right now!

BTW, QPR is fast-becoming the most bizarre shambles of a club in the Prem's recent history! Unbelievable! It is totally bonkers there right now!

Worse than Leeds, Blackburn and Chelsea

Bonkers!

Manchester United star Paul Scholes had his £30,000 car stolen after he left the engine running while defrosting it on his driveway.

Manchester United star Paul Scholes had his £30,000 car stolen after he left the engine running while defrosting it on his driveway.

£30k ?

What was it, a bloody Mondeo?

Cheapskate

That truly is disgusting. But you just don't expect anything less from those slimey bastards. Feel sorry for Benitez.

Did we ever get that nasty with The Goonersaurus?

Back