• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Taxpayers' Stadium Shambles

It's kind of ridiculous the police can refuse to police a large public event because their favoured communication system is not available. If the event needs policing then they should have to do it. The charge and who pays is the only part that should be negotiable.

If only life was so simple. We would have 3 runways at Heathrow and be staying in the EU.
The police radio's dont work in the stadium! It does sound strange, I admit.

It's kind of ridiculous the police can refuse to police a large public event because their favoured communication system is not available. If the event needs policing then they should have to do it. The charge and who pays is the only part that should be negotiable.
How did they manage to build the OS without it supporting the technology the Police need? Seems very odd to me.

they had it - ripped it out after the Olympics - is it not the fact they will go in if there is unrest but wont before then?

Deputy assistant commissioner Terry said: “The stadium operators are responsible for the safety and comfort of their customers and staff. This includes disorderly behaviour that has not reached the level of criminality.

“The Metropolitan Police Service will fulfil its legal responsibilities in relation to dealing with matters of criminality.

“The MPS is not able to provide special policing services at this time as it would normally, as there is no satisfactory radio system across the ground.

“This issue was highlighted to the stadium operators in October 2014 and the MPS has been in negotiation with stadium operators regarding the provision of Airwave radio inside the stadium.

“During this time the MPS had spoken to the stadium operators several times to highlight the consequences of not installing such a system.

“Until there is comprehensive Airwave radio coverage throughout the ground officers will not be routinely deployed within it under a special services agreement.

“The stadium operators have only very recently agreed to install a satisfactory radio system.”

When the Police are talking about "fulfilling its legal responsibilities in relation to dealing with matters of criminality" you know there's trouble.

If only life was so simple. We would have 3 runways at Heathrow and be staying in the EU.
The police radio's dont work in the stadium! It does sound strange, I admit.
Don't get that either. In addition to that, I have worked quite a bit with installing different kinds of radio communication on different events, and I can not fathom why this is taking so long to get it installed! Even though this is most likely a closed and encrypted system, it should be pretty easy to get up and running! I managed to get a similar system for a sporting event, covering an area of over 20 square kilometers with both wireless microphones and secure communication up and running in less than a day! And that was in the middle of nowhere with absolutely zero infrastructure!

Why did they rip it out? It's all very odd.

So perfectly suited to the Bingo Club.
as per the whole stadium it was always temporary - as per the deal West Ham can only ask the Stadium management to put it in. Basically they outsourced the safety and the managers are trying to do it as cheaply as possible, using g their experiences with gigs / cricket and rugby as a guide.

The succubus thought she organized a great deal - any additional costs of policing go to us, she should have realized this would mean the cheap option at all times.

The only way I see the stadium working for Westham is when BREXIT comes in there will be no rules on State aid - they can then "buy" the stadium, sell the club and then they will do the sensible thing and knock that stadium down.

as per the whole stadium it was always temporary - as per the deal West Ham can only ask the Stadium management to put it in. Basically they outsourced the safety and the managers are trying to do it as cheaply as possible, using g their experiences with gigs / cricket and rugby as a guide.

The succubus thought she organized a great deal - any additional costs of policing go to us, she should have realized this would mean the cheap option at all times.

The only way I see the stadium working for Westham is when BREXIT comes in there will be no rules on State aid - they can then "buy" the stadium, sell the club and then they will do the sensible thing and knock that stadium down.
"a female demon believed to have sexual intercourse with sleeping men.":D

Don't get that either. In addition to that, I have worked quite a bit with installing different kinds of radio communication on different events, and I can not fathom why this is taking so long to get it installed! Even though this is most likely a closed and encrypted system, it should be pretty easy to get up and running! I managed to get a similar system for a sporting event, covering an area of over 20 square kilometers with both wireless microphones and secure communication up and running in less than a day! And that was in the middle of nowhere with absolutely zero infrastructure!

you had a budget though

Am I right in thinking this is the system that works throughout the Underground, and used to work at that stadium ?

Did I see that Met H&S precludes entry into the stadium ? Akin to watching people drown (accepted some cases were suicide attempts)

What a fcuking country

PS - Have our plans for New Lane incorporated this? Part of planning requirements ?

Am I right in thinking this is the system that works throughout the Underground, and used to work at that stadium ?

Did I see that Met H&S precludes entry into the stadium ? Akin to watching people drown (accepted some cases were suicide attempts)

What a fcuking country

PS - Have our plans for New Lane incorporated this? Part of planning requirements ?

Don't worry if we don't have it in place we will be relegated to 2nd division.

Has the stadium been smashed to bits yet ??

Walking through Liverpool St tonight, my word there were some evil looking geezers descending on Stratford !!!

As I walked through Stratford station around 6pm this evening I counted a sum total of 3 old bill. (A bit early, granted, but I was expecting to see more). No doubt they'll be out in force now and later. At least their radios should work there.

As I walked through Stratford station around 6pm this evening I counted a sum total of 3 old bill. (A bit early, granted, but I was expecting to see more). No doubt they'll be out in force now and later. At least their radios should work there.

came thorough half an hour later, meatheads were assembling

mostly without coats though so they'll all be too cold to make trouble hopefully

Back