• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Taxpayers' Stadium Shambles

I'm doing a 10k on Sunday that finishes around the track to the finish line of the stadium. Any special requests whilst I'm there?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

They've had 4 years to come up with a solution for the "retractable" seats, and the state of the art (West Ham actually called it that in a letter to season ticket holders) solution is scaffolding held together by tape and cable ties. BRAVO! In addition, the concourse and general look, is like a 70's eastern block structure. One wonders where all the money went!

Anyone know how many the 'inner ring' holds?

It's 25k in athletics mode, same as in the original Olympic Stadium. Then they shift the retractable seats forward blocking off 3k at each end, but there are an extra 2k added somewhere (bridging the gap on one side?) so ends up as 21k in football mode.

They've had 4 years to come up with a solution for the "retractable" seats, and the state of the art (West Ham actually called it that in a letter to season ticket holders) solution is scaffolding held together by tape and cable ties. BRAVO! In addition, the concourse and general look, is like a 70's eastern block structure. One wonders where all the money went!

I think they were trying to cut down costs so they have £20m to spend on a world class striker who doesn't want to join them.

That is just atrocious as a view (or maybe not, considering what will be on display)
I think that is in athletics mode. The seats will be in over the track when the Spammers are playing. In saying that those badly named 'retractable' seats are at a low pitch so visibility will not be great. I reckon after a while that the inner ring will be full for the most part but anything back in the original stands will have fairly low numbers. If it wasn't Wham I might feel sorry for them.

I think that is in athletics mode. The seats will be in over the track when the Spammers are playing. In saying that those badly named 'retractable' seats are at a low pitch so visibility will not be great. I reckon after a while that the inner ring will be full for the most part but anything back in the original stands will have fairly low numbers. If it wasn't Wham I might feel sorry for them.

Yes, there will be closer views when the temporary seating is in place. But some fans will still be watching football from where that photo was taken.
Re the bolded bit - but they are going to fill it, doncha know?

Yes, there will be closer views when the temporary seating is in place. But some fans will still be watching football from where that photo was taken.
Re the bolded bit - but they are going to fill it, doncha know?
I think they might start off pretty well numbers wise but it will fall away year on year as the friends and family season tickets holders dwindle away and just the core support is left. In fact a lot of long term WHam season ticket holders are hoping just that. A large portion were shunted up the back because of a high uptake on the friends/family season tickets, more than they anticipated, and they want to get back down nearer the action. The club are putting a positive spin on everything to do with the stadium but the bottom line is that it will be a brick stadium to watch football in and they won't be able to change that.

Olympic_Stadium.png

How on earth do they expect to do that stadium on a regular basis? There's no way it will be even close to full capacity against Stoke on a rainy Monday evening in February.

Back