• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

In terms of goals scored, Arsenal are clearly a one man team. Goals are only part of the game, however, and so to suggest that they are a one man team based on that statistic is to suggest that Modric does nothing for us all season and use his low goalscoring statistic in an attempt to prove this.

I do think that Van Persie makes Arsenal work but he's the star striker of a team, the centrifugal point of the team, and the one who will have the chances presented to him or be in the position to create the chances himself. I wonder whether, if we played continutally with only one striker, and had a striker who could take their chances, whether that striker would be near Van Persie in terms of goals scored, he certainly would be close due to the number of chances that we create. I wonder then, if he was, whether we would be described as a one man team? In spite of all the other players around him creating the chances and making the team work.

Arsenal always seems to have atleast 1 players who can win them matches almost single handedly ... Henry, Fabregas, Van Persie etc. We always lacked players of this nature. Players who could make the difference for us when the entire team is shyte. It is amazing how Arsenal could be so close to us now after the way they started the season.

Arsenal always seems to have atleast 1 players who can win them matches almost single handedly ... Henry, Fabregas, Van Persie etc. We always lacked players of this nature. Players who could make the difference for us when the entire team is shyte. It is amazing how Arsenal could be so close to us now after the way they started the season.

Gascoigne, Hoddle, Ginola, Klinsmann, yada yada yada Bale

In terms of goals scored, Arsenal are clearly a one man team. Goals are only part of the game, however, and so to suggest that they are a one man team based on that statistic is to suggest that Modric does nothing for us all season and use his low goalscoring statistic in an attempt to prove this.

I do think that Van Persie makes Arsenal work but he's the star striker of a team, the centrifugal point of the team, and the one who will have the chances presented to him or be in the position to create the chances himself. I wonder whether, if we played continutally with only one striker, and had a striker who could take their chances, whether that striker would be near Van Persie in terms of goals scored, he certainly would be close due to the number of chances that we create. I wonder then, if he was, whether we would be described as a one man team? In spite of all the other players around him creating the chances and making the team work.

That would be true if he didn't create so many goals out of almost nothing. They're the same team they have been for years - fannying around the edge of the box only looking like scoring when Van rapist Persie does something spectacular.

Yup, and especially as we haven't really dropped that many points that we shouldn't have. It's understandable that we dropped points against top 6 sides, the only other teams that we have dropped points against that we shouldn't is Swansea, who have had a solid home record this season, Stoke, who we would have beaten had we had a good referee on the day, and Wolves which was a big off day.

Wenger unhappy with Terrace abuse from Stoke Fans

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17883439

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger wants more to be done to stop abuse from fans.

Wenger was speaking after taunts from some Stoke supporters during his side's 1-1 draw at the Britannia Stadium.

I think one day football will have to tackle that," said Wenger. "It's easy to sit in the stand and insult people. It's the easiest sport in the world.

"I'm not responsible for the way people behave in the stands. If you want to stop that, it's easy to stop. You can isolate every single face."

Robin van Persie equalised for the Gunners after Peter Crouch put the home side ahead, but matters on the field were not the only things occupying Wenger's thoughts after the game.

He added: "I think sometimes when I go out on the pitch at the end of the game and people are angry or hateful, I would like a little picture to send home for them to show their son or daughter, and then come back next week and see if they will do it again, see if they are proud of you."

A feisty rivalry has developed between Arsenal and Stoke in recent years and there were also some jeers directed at Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey.

Ramsey broke his leg in a game at Stoke following a tackle by Potters defender Ryan Shawcross in February 2010, and the centre-back has since been the subject of abuse from some Arsenal fans.

"I don't think you can be especially proud to boo Aaron Ramsey, I don't see what he has done wrong," said Wenger.

"It's an old story where the fans of Stoke stand behind their player but it shouldn't go as far as booing Ramsey."

Stoke manager Pulis refused to criticise his club's supporters but accepted there is a problem regarding abuse from the stands.

"It is very difficult for us all," he said. "I go to grounds and get abused.

"It's not just Arsene. If you speak to Sir Alex [Ferguson], he gets absolutely slaughtered at some grounds. Is it acceptable? The powers-that-be have got to decide that."

On the boos aimed at Ramsey, he added: "I was more concerned about the Arsenal supporters booing Shawcross so I didn't hear the ones on Ramsey."

===========================

Watch this space for every steward in the premier league to now be required to wear listening devices and head cameras...:-k](*,)

The most surprising part of this whole incident for me is that Wenger actually saw something.

It was very close to him mind.

Maybe he should stop his childish tantrums, however, he has succeded in drawing attention away from his players again, whereas our manager is touting our players arses

Maybe he should stop his childish tantrums, however, he has succeded in drawing attention away from his players again, whereas our manager is touting our players arses

A fav tactic of Jose this is, 2 points out of 9 from AFC and not a word is said in the media

time for lasagne revenge

Is now the time to extract our revenge on Arsenal for them bricking in our Lasagne, we should be going all out to noble them, if they drop points in either of their last two games then we can pinch 3rd from them and not have to worry about the chavs, I seriously hope Levy has people on this as it would be fantastic. Come on Tottenham, get it done.

ibtl00183f.jpg

Back