• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Wow, just wow!!

VAR /Ref didn’t even make a mistake and they’ve come out with this? In fact the biggest mistake of the game was not sending off Havertz after 30 minutes or giving him another yellow for the 2 further bookables he did.
Like Liverpool they have done it purely as they think them creating a fuss will mean they get more favourable decisions going forward

They didn’t really write this, did they? 😂😂😂
I haven’t seen any football this weekend so can’t comment on the decision. But this brick is getting out of hand.

Liverpools statement was poor and dangerous enough but at least they had an admission of an error to hang that on. Here, Woolwich are just condemning an official for a decision they disagree with.

That’s wrong on so many levels. Being flippant, I’d love PGMOL to come out and say “the refs think Arteta is a macaron for signing David Raya and Woolwich are bottlers.”

More seriously, these officials are ordinary people and all it’d take is one deranged fan to do something stupid thinking he had the moral high ground because his club said so.

If you disagree with the officiating, address it through the correct channels.

I haven’t seen any football this weekend so can’t comment on the decision. But this brick is getting out of hand.

Liverpools statement was poor and dangerous enough but at least they had an admission of an error to hang that on. Here, Woolwich are just condemning an official for a decision they disagree with.

That’s wrong on so many levels. Being flippant, I’d love PGMOL to come out and say “the refs think Arteta is a macaron for signing David Raya and Woolwich are bottlers.”

More seriously, these officials are ordinary people and all it’d take is one deranged fan to do something stupid thinking he had the moral high ground because his club said so.

Really PGMOL should issue an apology to us and Saudi Sportswashing Machine for not sending off nketia and havertz, and that if arsenal had complained about those decisions as well they might have a case and look like spoilt brat s

The worst thing the PGMOL did was start saying sorry for decisions, opens the floodgates for this rubbish.

Let the clubs moan, I include Spurs in this, PGMOL have made a rod for their own back in doing this.

Refs seem to be the only ones not allowed to make mistakes without issuing a grovelling apology after an on field mistake.

Only just seen MotD and see White is now a brunette, how long before he announces he suffers from body image issues and we are all encouraged to support him and every other tattooed, spray tanned player with a silly hair style.

Is Arsenal the home/sinkhole of mental health issues? After Arteta's irrational and unjustifiable mental breakdown in Toon, now come two Arsenal female players who need constant mental reassurance that they're OK:

‘Sometimes I need to tell Beth: ‘Keep chatting to me, I feel really stressed and anxious’

The Arsenal stars speak powerfully about how they have learned to tackle mental health issues and offer advice to those who are struggling
https://theathletic.com/5028122/2023/11/05/miedema-mead-mental-health/

Women's football isn't in a perfect place yet but, Christ on a jet ski, it's never been better and is improving all the time. Compare that to the bizarre utterings from Pedro Lego which are beginning to create their own legacy of self-delusion and entitlement. If only the women players had that attitude they'd be fine.

If you don't subscribe to The Athletic - and why would you when their principal Spurs beat writer is a fcukwit Arsenal season ticket holder - and you're on a Microsoft PC, just right click on the article illustration - or hit F9 - and the full content of the article will be readable in Immersive Reader.

If you're on a Mac, you're fcuked, you elitist barsteward.

Last edited:
Long may their lack of self awareness and ability to actually look at their problems continue.

- They have not played well this season outside of a few games, penalties and deflection goals have papered over a ton of cracks
- Havertz is a brick signing that everyone knew would be a brick signing, that also creates even more FFP pressure on them
- Raya was unnecessary and like Havertz, bad for budget and just stupid (for the Havertz +Raya money they could have bought an actual striker)
- Arteta's tinkering (Raya, shoehorning Havertz in, Rice) has made them better defensively, but slower, boring and less dangerous

They are a well drilled team (you would expect from a system style after 4 years) but still nowhere as close to City/Pool as people think.

ArsenalChancesArt.jpg

Back