• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

They could lose 7 games and still end up on 88 points. They’ve put themselves in a fantastic position and have momentum. I don’t see them losing it from here. Unfortunately.
Arsenal might lose points here and there, but you can't rely on city to catch them, as they lose points everywhere. It's sickening, but unfortunately it's gonna happen. They'll win it, with fudging Lego man as manager! Yuck!

they are looking far too good, and far too motivated

that's away at brighton, a tough gig

Emirates Marketing Project couldn't even win at home ffs

And they will strengthen in this window which will help them aswell.
That's actually my only hope, that they bring in players that disrupt the group they have now, that are unbelievably well drilled, and play on auto pilot.
Bringing new players into the team might actually be counter productive in the short term.

That's actually my only hope, that they bring in players that disrupt the group they have now, that are unbelievably well drilled, and play on auto pilot.
Bringing new players into the team might actually be counter productive in the short term.

Or perhaps they, like other teams, might also suffer multiple injuries to key players and a slice of bad luck now and then.

I'm sure it will be postponed until next season, if it goes ahead.

If he does get charged, any court case would probably be at least 12 months away (assuming he pleads not guilty), just because of the (often ridiculous) time these things take anyway, compounded by a significant backlog of cases in the system. (Look at the Greenwood case).
But that's a court case. He can get charged before then. At which point I would expect Woolwich to suspend him.

If he does get charged, given the noise and very public accusations at the time then Arsenal should be dragged over the coals for keeping him in the team as though nothing has happened all this time.

If he does get charged, any court case would probably be at least 12 months away (assuming he pleads not guilty), just because of the (often ridiculous) time these things take anyway, compounded by a significant backlog of cases in the system. (Look at the Greenwood case).
But that's a court case. He can get charged before then. At which point I would expect Woolwich to suspend him.
Have to say it’s weird it’s taken this long, had public notices shared by the police confirming other things, yet still not gone anywhere

Or perhaps they, like other teams, might also suffer multiple injuries to key players and a slice of bad luck now and then.
that's the only straw i can hang on to, if they lose 2 players from their first XI, they are buggered, they haven't got squad depth. They could stumble towards the end

Arsenal have the youngest squad in the league and are arguably playing the most entertaining football. And credit to their manager who has shown their young players that there is a path to the first team if you are good enough .

Arsenal have the youngest squad in the league and are arguably playing the most entertaining football. And credit to their manager who has shown their young players that there is a path to the first team if you are good enough .

You're not wrong but let's not go too crazy or buy into the hype too much. Of the starting XI v West Ham, you could only make the claim that's he's brought young talent through about Nketiah, Saka, Martinelli and Saliba. Of those, only Saliba got his debut under Arteta and he'd been out on loan for 2-3 years. He's had a lot of backing and a lot of patience too.

My thoughts on them:

They’ve been exceedingly lucky all season - fixture lists, injuries (lack of…), rub of the green etc. Absolutely every little thing has gone their way so far.

BUT they’re playing extremely well and winning has become a habit for them.

The way they’re starting games they’ll be out of sight before our sorry lot even wake up when they come to us.

Back