• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

tumblr_loq6pk6eez1qbnd1c.gif

:ross:

#SinceArsenalLastWonATrophy, 6 people have been killed by eagles dropping poisonous snakes through the sunroofs of their cars.

#SinceArsenalLastWonATrophy, 6 people have been killed by eagles dropping poisonous snakes through the sunroofs of their cars.

fudging hell, what a way to go

once you could attribute to butter talons, but six, sounds like the fauna is fighting back with chemical weapons

Think we have to remember that lots end of season runs, also co-incide with them being in only one competition, I think we will finish above them next season (as long as we sign a striker)

I make it 1994/95 the last time we finished above them so I will not hold my breath

really, which of the keepers wenger has signed for arsenal so far hasn't been a liability?

I was referring to the fact that you only posted that link because Cesar is linked to the Goons and he is not brick.

Also while Jens Lehmann was a complete and utter twunt he was not brick

Cesar is a great shot stopper, but also a liability.

Arsenal already struggle defensively on set pieces, bringing in a goalkeeper that rarely leaves his line for crosses - and when he does often gets it wrong wouldn't help.

Another "on the cheap", good, but not good enough goalkeeper for Arsenal if they sign him imo.

Not brick, but could anyone see United, City, Chelsea or ourselves go for him if there was a need for a new goalkeeper? For me the answer to that is pretty clear.

Cesar is a great shot stopper, but also a liability.

Arsenal already struggle defensively on set pieces, bringing in a goalkeeper that rarely leaves his line for crosses - and when he does often gets it wrong wouldn't help.

Another "on the cheap", good, but not good enough goalkeeper for Arsenal if they sign him imo.

Not brick, but could anyone see United, City, Chelsea or ourselves go for him if there was a need for a new goalkeeper? For me the answer to that is pretty clear.

I suspect he'd be in the 'decent backup' category for the four of us.

I still cannot believe they paraded their proposed spending habits for the summer, let alone allowed figures to be quoted and waffled on about 'marquee signings'...absurd. Naive in fact. No-one should know what you are willing to spend. Not even moneybags Emirates Marketing Project and Chelski make proclamations. The Higuain thing is proof; I firmly believe that had they not blathered on and on, they'd have been able to close the deal by now. The ONLY thing would be if they always intended to use it as a smokescreen, but I think that's too sophisticated for them. It's incredible that they cannot close that deal, and you have to wonder if Ancelotti won't now keep him. They're a weird club. They really are...

i have my doubts over whether this was anything other than a bluff to try and convince supporters they're ready to throw some money around.

still a long way until the window shuts though, tbf

I still cannot believe they paraded their proposed spending habits for the summer, let alone allowed figures to be quoted and waffled on about 'marquee signings'...absurd. Naive in fact. No-one should know what you are willing to spend. Not even moneybags Emirates Marketing Project and Chelski make proclamations. The Higuain thing is proof; I firmly believe that had they not blathered on and on, they'd have been able to close the deal by now. The ONLY thing would be if they always intended to use it as a smokescreen, but I think that's too sophisticated for them. It's incredible that they cannot close that deal, and you have to wonder if Ancelotti won't now keep him. They're a weird club. They really are...

I think talking about the amount they have to spend was driven by rival shareholders wanting control of the boardroom/reinforce their position.

I think talking about the amount they have to spend was driven by rival shareholders wanting control of the boardroom/reinforce their position.

Excellent point and one I hadn't considered. Makes total sense. Still pathetic mind, but this would certainly explain why they aren't all 'on message' so-to-speak with regards to discretion...

Excellent point and one I hadn't considered. Makes total sense. Still pathetic mind, but this would certainly explain why they aren't all 'on message' so-to-speak with regards to discretion...

They've got two billionaires fighting for control of the club. I think that Kroenke was just trying to strengthen his position and make Usmanov look less attractive to the other shareholders. If I am right, long may it continue.

When it comes to discretion, Peter Hill-Wood stepped down recently and I get the impression that he was someone who preferred to keep things behind closed doors. Maybe they are missing his experience.

Apparently

BBC Sport Football ‏@BBCFootball1 16m

Liverpool reject Arsenal Suarez bid: Arsenal have a £30m bid for Liverpool's 26-year-old Uruguayan striker Lui... http://bbc.in/1afg3lb

People are saying its to get madrid to move on the Higuan deal but surely its just showing RM that they have plenty of cash to splash.

Pretty pointless for any British team to attempt to sign Suarez as he wants out of this country. This offer surely is for an ulterior motive, and hopefully backfires when other teams sniff they have this sort of money and hike up prices for players. I wonder what Wenger thinks of this being public knowledge, considering his philosophy of buying young talent and nurturing them until they are good enough to be bought by City or Barca?

Back