• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**The Electronic Music Thread**

Carl Cox...is there a safer bet? Always delivers...I will check out Andrew Wetherall...any takers here for Nick Warren? A huge favorite for me...

Wow ive got large in Andrew Weatherall, he is simply immense

https://soundcloud.com/dalston-superstore/andrew-weatherall

Weatherall has always been one of my (if not the) favourites all the way back to spectrum, Trip, then places like Turnmills and the Cross.(and you think you feel old Billy:)) He knows his music inside out and such an eclectic mix. His variety and quality of remix and production work also is a standout.

Think he is in Brighton at the end of the month.

Terry Farley was on the 6mix last week (may have dropped of the iplayer now?). Many of the 6mixes have been very good this year....probably on Soundcloud

Edit:https://soundcloud.com/everybodywantstobethedj/terry-farley-6-mix-2013-09-06

think he did a 6mix with weatherall last year sometime?

Anyone know a good tool/site for converting URLs to mp3? I know there's plenty of sites for converting URLs from YouTube but I want a more universal one some I can put some decent DJ sets (that I can only find in Video clips) on to my iPhone.

Ibiza round 2 was simply awesome, we did Viva Warriors at Sankeys, Circoloco at DC10 and then a massive all dayer at Bora Bora followed by Solomun at Sankeys, all 3 nights rocked

Had about 6 hours sleep in 3 days, feeling tired now but not suicidal like in August

I went to Bedrock's 15th birthday at Fire on Saturday. I was amazing, Digweed played a 6 hour set and smashed it

£20 Innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

cocoonlondon.jpg

Cocoon return to London on Saturday 30th November for their biggest event since 2010 in the huge setting of Building 6, with Sven and co's unrivalled flow certain to leave you dreaming of Balaeric sunrises. After yet another incredible summer in Ibiza under the watchful eye of Es Vedrà, Cocoon have been drawn back to the North Greenwich peninsula for this mamouth show.

Sven Vath is joined by Joris Voorn who's killer productions embrace everything that is great in house and techno and a live performance from Matthew Jonson who has developed one of the most distinctive styles in electronic dance music and ARAS music's talisman Andre Galluzzi will bring his purist DJing style and refreshing 'turntablistic' in the age of the Laptop DJ.

is Building Six formerly Matter?

booking up for 3.5 weeks in Mexico at the end of the month - flying out just before Christmas and planning on attending BPM in Playa del Carmen - looks immense, similar to ADE in Amsterdam it's an electronic music festival spanning 10 days and takes over the area's clubs for the duration - a couple of stages erected and secret shows in Mayan ruins/the jungle etc :p

booking up for 3.5 weeks in Mexico at the end of the month - flying out just before Christmas and planning on attending BPM in Playa del Carmen - looks immense, similar to ADE in Amsterdam it's an electronic music festival spanning 10 days and takes over the area's clubs for the duration - a couple of stages erected and secret shows in Mayan ruins/the jungle etc :p

sounds ****, id rather spend NYE in Yates in Leicester Sq

A Love From Outer Space at Corsica Studios

Date / Saturday, 21 December 2013
Time / 22:00 - 06:00
Venue / Corsica Studios/ 5 Farrell Court; Elephant & Castle; London SE17 1LB; United Kingdom
Cost / £12 / £15 Advnace

Line-up /
Andrew Weatherall, Sean Johnston, Ivan Smagghe, Geoffroy Mugwump

Promoter /
Corsica Studios, A Love From Outer Space

In a season long associated with celestial phenomena, it is apt that A Love from Outer Space have chosen the Winter Solstice, the longest and blackest of all nights, to return to the Elephant and Castle and their London home of Corsica Studios.

From modest basement beginnings, Andrew Weatherall & Sean Johnston's A Love from Outer Space has risen to become one of the underground's best loved successes of recent years. Built on the manifesto of "Never knowingly exceeding 122bpm", the pair have espoused a slow burning and measured style of delivery that had long been out of favour in the new-fangled discotheque.

Embracing a musical cannon which far out-scales the myopic genre concerns of their contemporaries, that takes in ambient, dub, post-punk, disco, house, techno and new beat whilst keeping a firm eye on modern developments has won them a sizeable and doggedly loyal following.

2013 has found ALFOS in expansive mood, taking the party abroad to unused French ferries, the sun-drenched Adriatic, Parisian roof tops, Trouw Amsterdam, a slew of triumphant Festival appearances (including a memorable head to head with Horsemeat Disco at Lovebox) and a "Scrutton Street Axis" focused mini festival within the walls of a Medieval Castle in the South of France.

Weatherall, never a laggard, has had a spectacularly productive year. February 2013 saw Andrew release the highly acclaimed new album, ‘Ruled by Passion, Destroyed by Lust’, under the name The Asphodells (with Timothy J Fairplay, ex-Battant).

September 2013 saw two more releases, firstly, The Asphodells ‘Remixed’ which includes reworkings of tracks from ‘Ruled By Passion…’ by the likes of Baldelli & Rocca, Justin Robertson, Daniel Avery, and ALFOS partner Sean Johnston, in Hardway Bros guise. Secondly, Andrew has composed some music released with Michael Smith’s book ‘Unreal City’. Faber published a special edition containing the book, a CD of Andrew’s tracks and a remix 10”. Additionally Andrew is Faber’s first ever Artist in Residence, a post he will hold until April 2014. His prodigious remix output continued this year including vintage efforts for Moby, Primal Scream and Emilana Torrini amongst many others.

Sean Johnston, as Hardway Bros, released a successful EP on NYC label Throne of Blood and delivered 15 remixes for acts as diverse as Alien Alien, Max Essa, Ajello, Phil Kieran & Green Velvet, Frederick and Heavenly Records signings, Out Cold. Additionally, Hardway Bros collaborated with Haules Baules on the underground smash "Creeper."

Thus, to round off proceedings in suitable style, the ALFOS founders have turned to trusted fellow travellers Ivan Smagghe & Geoffroy Mugwump to preside over festivities alongside them on December 21st.

Ivan Smagghe, who we will lazily describe as "the DJ's DJ" and a usual suspect as far as Weatherall collaboration goes will headline Room 2.
He has the ability to play music like a raw conduit between his famously obscure records and the dancefloor’s strobe-soaked bodies, injecting something of himself seamlessly into the mix along the way. His genre defying/defining production work originally in Black Strobe and now in It’s A Fine Line (who have recently finished Battant's second LP, As I Ride with No Horse) has connected him to and garnered the praise of (amongst others) James Murphy, Trevor Jackson, Ata, Optimo and the aforementioned Weatherall. All fellow crusaders in the fight to prove that electronic music can be so much more than a one dimensional soundtrack for a night on the lash.

To complete the selection, we have none other than the author of a bona fide ALFOS anthem, Geoffroy Mugwump. Resident Advisor described Mugwump's über-prolific output as "the most diverse catalogue in the current house music field" and Pitchfork simply reviewed their music as "timeless" and with "a solid range". He has released tracks on a plethora of leading dance labels, predominantly on Kompakt, but on R&S, Cocoon, Gigolo, Throne of Blood, Permanent Vacation, Eskimo, Endless Flight, Astrolab or Let's Play House too. Geoffroy Mugwump (& his partner Kolombo) have truly refined their disco-techno fusion, with their slo-mo anthem, "Boutade" being the cornerstone of their rich catalogue and a modern-day classic now. Mugwump have recently remixed The Asphodells on Rotter's Golf Club and re-released "Boutade" on cult Balearic imprint International Feel.

All in all then, what better way to start your Christmas festivities and what better company to guide you through this year’s longest night?

December 21st, Corsica Studios, 4-5 Elephant Road, London SE17 1LB

Anyone heard the new James Holden album? I'm listening to it right now, and really liking it! Pretty experimental. :)

Here's my 'top 10 releases of 2013'-list. ;)

01 Huerco S - Colonial Patterns
02 Steve Hauschildt - S/H
03 Basic House - Caim In Bird Form
04 Jan Anderzen & Sam Hamilton - Brombron 24: Time Banking
05 Mount Kimbie - Cold Spring Fault Less Youth
06 Levantis - Believe
07 Rene Hell - Vanilla Call Option
08 [PHYSICS] - Spectramorphic Iridescence
09 Dynooo - Mesh N2 Air
10 Kriipis Tulo - Hommikune Ujuja

Back