• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Did better than the seamers here. Whilst we have the young spinners coming through we should value him more highly.
Had a good season at Somerset too.

He is a good pro, I just don't think he is a magical spinner TBH, its not an overall knock of the bloke, there just is no real stardust there and not the craft and tweak of say a Lyon.

TBH I find our bowler play overall confusing TBH

We’ve not seen a turnaround like this since Sunday.

Brook and Root must be the best batting partnership for many many years.

We don't produce decent spinners as we've given up on county cricket and don't prepare good wickets. Much more money in one day games, hit and run for drunks and TV matches. County teams are still run by a bunch of amateurs and have failed the game.

We don't produce decent spinners as we've given up on county cricket and don't prepare good wickets. Much more money in one day games, hit and run for drunks and TV matches. County teams are still run by a bunch of amateurs and have failed the game.

The problem is trying to attract spectators to four day games. More first day Fridays would help but what else can be done?

As for spinners, well they benefit most from poor pitches - wearing uneven tracks.

The problem is trying to attract spectators to four day games. More first day Fridays would help but what else can be done?

As for spinners, well they benefit most from poor pitches - wearing uneven tracks.

They want to keep weekends for one day/ couple of hours cricket, too many pitches are prepared to last for too long. The idea of the game included an element of luck with the toss and weather conditions changing along with pitches wearing. The way England play gets results as they score quickly, without that tactic many of their games would have been draws.

I appreciate spectators or customers want an instant result but changes to point system could help make play more positive. I've always believed their are too many teams and a maximum of 8 at the top level would improve the standard of play. It's a far too radical proposal for many.

#
They want to keep weekends for one day/ couple of hours cricket, too many pitches are prepared to last for too long. The idea of the game included an element of luck with the toss and weather conditions changing along with pitches wearing. The way England play gets results as they score quickly, without that tactic many of their games would have been draws.

I appreciate spectators or customers want an instant result but changes to point system could help make play more positive. I've always believed their are too many teams and a maximum of 8 at the top level would improve the standard of play. It's a far too radical proposal for many.

Issues for me is that the Hundred has taken over the summer and the best months of the season impacting negatively on the best and more attractive forms in county - T20 and the One Dayers, in fact the one dayers are now being used as youth development which is a shame but the best players are pilfered. The 4 day game is now played in the cold of early spring or the cold of late summer, its taken the biggest hit from the schedule despite being an exciting season this year, who is going to take their kids out in the freezing cold to watch game even if they are exciting?

They should have scrapped the 100 and put the money into the T20 blast to repromote the county game and that investment trickles down into development of youth. You could then work the schedule better so that people are more attracted to going. Countys could do more about having festival weekends promoted better, the Scarborough one is unreal and gets a huge crowd, others need to follow suit.

Unfortunately with the new Hundred "bail out" deal I think the county game is as good as dead, I also see test cricket being 4 days within 10 years

Back