• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Wow that was some hitting though, Braithwaite is an absolute monster. Still bowl 4 half volleys in the final over and what do you expect, he was always going to swing at every ball.

Morgan's fault should have worked it out to give Jordan the last over,he would have bowled at least one proper yorker.

Stokes is a very hit and miss player,not a person to be left to bowl a last over especially in a cup final. However that was some hitting by Braithwaite,hats off and all that superb.

Yeh I like the idea

I dont like the idea of this 20/20 franchise though. I support Essex and we have a very nice team and 20/20 games sell out. I feel we will be punished for no reason, I will not support a "London" franchise

The fact England got to the final also proves there is no real need

Yea I'm Essex as well, I agree with you.

If westley gets a big score today against the Sri Lankans he can't be far off an England call.

Yeh Westley is in their minds, a mate of a mate is the Physio at Essex and Cook apparently keeps dropping him into England convos.

Browne will be some player too

Yeh Westley is in their minds, a mate of a mate is the Physio at Essex and Cook apparently keeps dropping him into England convos.

Browne will be some player too
Exceptionally bright future for Essex I think with an excellent blend of youth and experience

Porter has come in and takes wickets for fun, him Westley, Lawrence, Browne all one's for the future

The young lad Beard who took 4 on his debut yesterday is apparently very highly thought of too

yeh Porter come on loads.

I think having Ryder as a full time pro is huge for us too, not been in runs yet but will be

Ryder, bopara, ten doeschate and Foster are excellent experienced players. We'll need to find a replacement for Napier and masters though next season.

Ryder, bopara, ten doeschate and Foster are excellent experienced players. We'll need to find a replacement for Napier and masters though next season.

Hope Mason is all we hope as he said he wants to be our overseas for a long time, that would be ideal

Shame Foakes did not want to stay longer, he would have been great Fozzie replacement

and who replaces them ?

Lots of really good young English talent scoring lots of runs this season

Duckett, Jennings, Westley, Northeast

I'd drop Mo down the order for starters

I hate changing relatively new players but Vince especially looks all over the place.
Balance bats like he is a novice.

Last edited:
I'd drop Mo down the order for starters

I hate changing relatively new players but Vince especially looks all over the place.
Balance bats like he is a novice.
There's no way Vince can keep his place. I can't profess to having seen anything of him other than this series, but everything I have seen suggests he doesn't possess a test batsman's brain.

Back