• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Centre Forward thread

I'd prefer Solanke of the two - a tad younger, more mobile and better character
Not that it's really a factor but will assume Toney would be greeted more positively across the fanbase.

I'm fairly onboard the Solanke train at this point.

El Bilal Toure from Atalanta looks interesting. Bournemouth rumoured to be interested if they lose Solanke. We could just cut out the middle man.

22 YO, 6'1" CF and RWF. £30m

Interesting to read that Raheem Sterling may be available. Suspect his current employer might be an issue for some but getting his mojo back in an Ange team would be appealing to him I'd expect.
Would be a good fit to our playing style.

Think we're more likely to be looking for a younger player with a more rounded profile. Wages probably an issue too. But wouldn't be against it.

Why manage when you can become a dof? Or an easy job with uefa/fifa as an ambassador or some crap.
Because DoF's don't get the same credit and adulation..... Nobody builds statues of DoF's outside their ground. Managers that win clubs lots of trophies for clubs get them.

Not sure Kane is the sort to become a manager. I'd say he's more likely to do other sports and drift away. GHod knows he's earned enough.
Every manager that he has worked with has mentioned his understanding of the game, how quickly he picks things up and his general football intelligence. He's also dedicated and driven, sounds like the perfect combination to become a manager.

Back