• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The best Spurs team of the PL era - centre back

Who are the best two centre backs to play for Spurs in the Premier League

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My views on this are simple - Sol and Ledley. I know Sol was a blah blah blah blah - and he betrayed us. If not Sol, then Ledley and Woodgate.

If you can find someone to second him, I'll add him to to the short list (or ban two people ;) )

My views on this are simple - Sol and Ledley. I know Sol was a blah blah blah blah - and he betrayed us. If not Sol, then Ledley and Woodgate.

Agreed. These are the two stand-out CBs of the PL era. The alternative is overestimating Mabbutts contribution in his last few years or picking someone with only recent vintage.

Agree or disagree with the final judgement, he has to be on the list.

An alternative approach might have been to pick the best CB pairing. King and Dawson would have a good shout. If we include King-Woodgate, we might as well include our current Belgian pair [yes, I can't remember Toby's name].

So as it stands the short list is:

King
Mabbutt
Woodgate
Alderweireld
Naybet
Gallas
Dawson
Vertonghen
clamball

Anyone missing?

I'll add the poll at 10pm unless we get any late cases for a player to be included

Always liked Dean Richards, the poor guy, although he is not exactly King calibre, or Alderweireld for that matter. Ramon Vega, don't think so. Then there's Scales, Rocha, Bunjevcevic, Davenport, Nelsen...my GHod we've had some average dross over the past 20 years or so.

Always liked Dean Richards, the poor guy, although he is not exactly King calibre, or Alderweireld for that matter. Ramon Vega, don't think so. Then there's Scales, Rocha, Bunjevcevic, Davenport, Nelsen...my GHod we've had some average dross over the past 20 years or so.

Dean Richards isn't a bad shout but he is somewhere short of the quality of the others on the list

Really wanted for Mabbs or Daws, Spurs through and through, but in reality the King's partner has to be Toby. Outstanding season.

Naybet was OK, but I think his influence over King has been increasingly romanticised over the years.
He only played 30 games for us, 27 in his first season, 3 in his second...a decent player but just can't be considered a Spurs great.

King and Dawson for me.

I was having a chat with the lads I go to the games with and we all agreed that over the years we have had more poor players at CB then anywhere else on the field.

how can u call this clam by his first name, I wondered who voted for this judah

Naybet was OK, but I think his influence over King has been increasingly romanticised over the years.
He only played 30 games for us, 27 in his first season, 3 in his second...a decent player but just can't be considered a Spurs great.

King and Dawson for me.

Naybet barely played.

Your cards are marked @Greg - I'm going to start a best football club owner poll and encourage everyone to vote for Ashley.

should have got in to this earlier but i think Alderwiereld shouldn't have been included as he's only been here one season - as great as he has been this season i don't think it's enough time to warrant be included in an all time premier league side. and if we're talking purely in terms of ability then it's hard to look past Judas by that criteria...

for me it's King & Dawson

Back