• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

Right... He is a list of strikers that we have been linked with (loosely in some cases) with some potential advantages and disadvantages.

Any others we've been linked with? Feel free to add....

Player _______Cost _____________ Advantages _______________________ Disadvantages
Negredo _____ loan/£10M? _____ PL experience _____________________ Age, back in favour at Valencia
Bent3ke ______ £25M? __________ PL experience, age ________________ Transfer fee, suited to Poch system?
Ber@hino ___ £18M? ___________ PL experience, age, versatility _____ WBA don’t like us, can he play as lone no.9?
Austin _______ £8M? ____________ PL experience, age, transfer fee ___ Injury concerns?
Sandro ______ £8M? ____________ Age, potential, versatility __________ Unproven in PL, buy back clause? inexperience?
Batshuyai ____ £30M? __________ Age, potential, versatility ___________ Unproven in PL, prohibitive transfer fee?
Dembele _____ £6M? ___________ Age, potential, contract situation ___ Unproven in PL, inexperience?
Didavi ________ £2M? ___________ Age, versatility, contract situation __ Unproven in PL
Zazza ________ £12M? __________ Age _________________________________ Unproven in PL, transfer fee?
Perez ________ £14M? __________ Age, PL experience _________________ Can he play as a lone no.9?

Yay! More fuel for the profanity filter :D

Probably unrealistic but would love us to sign Arnautovic, didn't really work out at Inter but he's really finding his feet this season for Stoke. Can lead the line and play any of the 3 positions behind the striker.
Has pace, power and amazing technique.
Think he'd be perfect for us.

Probably unrealistic but would love us to sign Arnautovic, didn't really work out at Inter but he's really finding his feet this season for Stoke. Can lead the line and play any of the 3 positions behind the striker.

I think the best description of him is a "poor man's Zlatan". A really, really poor man.

I've thought this for a few weeks now. I'd wait and see how the rest of the season goes though and move in the summer. Stoke now have 3 'rejects' working well together (Bojan, Arnautovic and Shaqiri) and you wonder if they are just looking better than the sum of their parts - ie if we (or anyone else) bought just one they wouldn't look as good?

Right, but work-rate and team ethic are equally important.

There were question marks over his attitude at Inter but I've seen/heard nothing of it this season. If you think he has poor work rate then I certainly disagree.

I think the best description of him is a "poor man's Zlatan". A really, really poor man.

I thought it was poor man's Berbatov?

----------------

Good player. But will probably cost £15m+ coming as a starter from a mid-table PL team. Is he a £15m+ player for us? Not so sure...

I thought it was poor man's Berbatov?

----------------

Good player. But will probably cost £15m+ coming as a starter from a mid-table PL team. Is he a £15m+ player for us? Not so sure...

Watching him against Manu the other day he reminds me more of Zlatan physically and the way he runs, but isn't a patch on either when it comes to technique or vision. He actually seemed to struggle at times with the ball at his feet.

Arnautovic is more like Chadli for me.

I agree; he's more of a 'false 9' or alternatively best suited to one of the three roles behind Kane. I'm not really sure that he's what we need

I was saying over the summer that we should move for Shaqiri and was lambasted by others on here - he looks like a snip now.

I agree; he's more of a 'false 9' or alternatively best suited to one of the three roles behind Kane. I'm not really sure that he's what we need

I was saying over the summer that we should move for Shaqiri and was lambasted by others on here - he looks like a snip now.

Very happy we didn't sign Shaqiri. He's a good player, but I really don't think he would have been a good fit for us.

Agbonlahor?

He impresses in patches. Not exactly prolific.

But he is available, has strength and pace, and being that he is already benched wont mind sitting it out for Harry a fair bit (a point that needs to be considered when floating potential names)

Plus some potential they may suit as a pair.

This is the same bloke who had 8 touches against us?

Back