• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
berbs had several amazing seasons for us dude, and he scored in a cup final. his partnership with Keane was excellent. I do agree however, that £5m is a snip by comparison if true - i imagine the signing on fee is pretty hefty though.

True. Berbatov and Keane carried our team for a year or two - was a great partnership

As well as his obvious qualities and impressive statistics.
I get the impression Ade is brilliant for team morale also.

berbs had several amazing seasons for us dude, and he scored in a cup final. his partnership with Keane was excellent. I do agree however, that £5m is a snip by comparison if true - i imagine the signing on fee is pretty hefty though.

im not disrespecting Berba, loved him and still love him, all im demonstrating is that Ade for 5-7 mill is amazing value considering what similar strikers are sold for

in his 2 seasons at Tottenham, iirc Berbatov never managed 17 goals and 11 assists in either season

season 2006/2007.....12 goals, 11 assists
season 2007/2008.....15 goals, 11 assists

and Man u go and pay 32 mill

He managed 23 goals in each season and contributed MASSIVELY to our attacking and creative movement in the final third. Had some world class games performances amogst all these whereas the closest Ade came to that was vs. Saudi Sportswashing Machine

You can't be serious

He managed 23 goals in each season and contributed MASSIVELY to our attacking and creative movement in the final third. Had some world class games performances amogst all these whereas the closest Ade came to that was vs. Saudi Sportswashing Machine

You can't be serious

He's talking about value for money.

So yes. He can be serious.

You can't be serious

im not going to get into a Berba fight, i know what he did.

His stats would have been even more impressive if it weren't for some disgraceful refereeing decisions in certain games.

im not disrespecting Berba, loved him and still love him, all im demonstrating is that Ade for 5-7 mill is amazing value considering what similar strikers are sold for

He most certainly is. I don't see how people can even debate this. £5-7M is an absolute steal for someone who will get you as many goals and assists as Adebayor. A complete no brainer.

No - by the time we sold him he was 'worth' that much to us. He still manged around 50 PL goals in double as many appearances for them

Could have bought him for 10.9m

Ended up paying 32m.

Yeah your right, they didn't get ripped off at all there..

As well as his obvious qualities and impressive statistics.
I get the impression Ade is brilliant for team morale also.

Why is it that players that are complete ****s, start behaving and function as a normal person when they transfer to us?

He was worth that much to us - fudge all to do with what we paid, becase WE took a chance on him back then

I feel we're both arguing completely different points here, so be it

For the same money as we are paying for Ade? Damiao is overrated and half the people who are calling for us to sign him have probably never seen him play. Remy is more of a wide forward imo.

He cost us £6m
I assume his wages are around £100k per week.
That equates to £5m per year.
On a four year contract, the total cost is £26m.

For Damiao/Remy, the fee would be £15m and the wages would be circa £50k per week.
That equates to £2.5m per year.
Cost is identical over a 4 year contract.

Ade is a proven striker who succeeded with us last year. There's no guarantee the other two would be successful.

Good business getting Ade in IMO

Back